Agreement just like an old rusty bucket.... leak .. leak ...leak

Decker

UAW - Ford Motor Company National Labor Agreement Conference Call

Thursday, 20 Oct. 2011 - 0800 EDT

Re-Broadcast at web site www.at.ford.com/pages/default.aspx

This is not to take sides in the "for" or "against" debate.....

This tele conference was held for Investor Groups and the Media. It ran for approximately 34 minutes.

After the typical poop and circumstance, the Q&A session started with:

Mr. Fields, reassured everyone that the new labor agreement would only cost the profit, 1% over the last agreement. He stated that this 1% raise in labor cost will be completely offset by the increases in Operating Flexibility, Efficiency Rates and the use of Competitive Work Practices. Applying these applications will allow for the reductions in overall costs and reductions in labor.

Jim Murphy - Bank of America asked Mr. Fleming:

Of the12000 new jobs how many will be net jobs? Mr. Fleming responded, "of the 12000 new jobs, 3400 will be the movement of jobs". Mr. Murphy, "so out of the 8600 new jobs, how many will be net"? Mr. Fleming, "the majority will be Entry Level". Mr. Murphy, "60% or 70% majority or the bulk"? Mr. Fleming "I would say the bulk".....?

C. Filapro - Credit Fleet asked Mr. Fields;

Will the 12000 new jobs, be based on market share and production volume? Mr. Fields responded, "Yes, in some cases the need for adding shifts will be warranted"..?

R. Nash - Deutscha Bank asked Mr. Fleming

"The 12000 gross jobs, 3400 will be movement of jobs from within"? Mr. Fleming "Yes". Mr. Nash, "so the 8600 will be Entry Level"? Mr. Fleming, "the company dosen`t expect to reach 8% Entry Level employee`s through the end of the agreement"...?? Mr. Nash, " will the majority of the 8600 be Entry Level"? Mr. Fleming, "no I would not say a majority".??

R. Cematol - JP Morgan/Chase asked Mr. Fields;

Could you shed some light on the 2 Tier CAP? Mr. Fields, "in general it is at 20% overall". But, "with this agreement we will see two facilities reach 100% Entry Level employee`s. (Rossenville & Sterling) This will allow for a realistic CAP of 25% to 27% of Entry Level employee`s. Mr. Fleming added "the company will not reach the CAP on Entry Level employee`s in this agreement".

Marty ???? - Wall Street Journal asked Mr. Fleming;

Reducing, while adding jobs? 12000 or 8600 new jobs? 20%, 25% or 27% CAP on Entry Level employee`s? Net jobs or New jobs? Will someone help me with the math? Mr. Fleming, "the company will be in sourcing product and moving jobs"... ??? "the company never implied net jobs, ...new jobs will be added"...?? No response was made when Marty asked something about "New Jobs or New Hires"???

Please, don`t be upset if any names or information might be slightly different from the re-broadcast. I tried to take notes but, its been years sense my last lecture hall.... One thing is for sure CAP was mentioned on a few occasions with reference to applying the "Competitive Work Practices"? And they talked about how the Trades will be lowered to 8000 total from the 9000 members now.

Yep, just an old rusty bucket... things just keep leaking out.... Interesting conference to listen to. Funny, this is the first time I`ve heard CAP will go to a Competitive Work Practices....

Once again this is not to take sides.

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

UAW - Ford Motor Company National Labor Agreement Conference Call

Thursday, 20 Oct. 2011 - 0800 EDT

Re-Broadcast at web site www.at.ford.com/pages/default.aspx

This is not to take sides in the "for" or "against" debate.....

This tele conference was held for Investor Groups and the Media. It ran for approximately 34 minutes.

After the typical poop and circumstance, the Q&A session started with:

Mr. Fields, reassured everyone that the new labor agreement would only cost the profit, 1% over the last agreement. He stated that this 1% raise in labor cost will be completely offset by the increases in Operating Flexibility, Efficiency Rates and the use of Competitive Work Practices. Applying these applications will allow for the reductions in overall costs and reductions in labor.

Jim Murphy - Bank of America asked Mr. Fleming:

Of the12000 new jobs how many will be net jobs? Mr. Fleming responded, "of the 12000 new jobs, 3400 will be the movement of jobs". Mr. Murphy, "so out of the 8600 new jobs, how many will be net"? Mr. Fleming, "the majority will be Entry Level". Mr. Murphy, "60% or 70% majority or the bulk"? Mr. Fleming "I would say the bulk".....?

C. Filapro - Credit Fleet asked Mr. Fields;

Will the 12000 new jobs, be based on market share and production volume? Mr. Fields responded, "Yes, in some cases the need for adding shifts will be warranted"..?

R. Nash - Deutscha Bank asked Mr. Fleming

"The 12000 gross jobs, 3400 will be movement of jobs from within"? Mr. Fleming "Yes". Mr. Nash, "so the 8600 will be Entry Level"? Mr. Fleming, "the company dosen`t expect to reach 8% Entry Level employee`s through the end of the agreement"...?? Mr. Nash, " will the majority of the 8600 be Entry Level"? Mr. Fleming, "no I would not say a majority".??

R. Cematol - JP Morgan/Chase asked Mr. Fields;

Could you shed some light on the 2 Tier CAP? Mr. Fields, "in general it is at 20% overall". But, "with this agreement we will see two facilities reach 100% Entry Level employee`s. (Rossenville & Sterling) This will allow for a realistic CAP of 25% to 27% of Entry Level employee`s. Mr. Fleming added "the company will not reach the CAP on Entry Level employee`s in this agreement".

Marty ???? - Wall Street Journal asked Mr. Fleming;

Reducing, while adding jobs? 12000 or 8600 new jobs? 20%, 25% or 27% CAP on Entry Level employee`s? Net jobs or New jobs? Will someone help me with the math? Mr. Fleming, "the company will be in sourcing product and moving jobs"... ??? "the company never implied net jobs, ...new jobs will be added"...?? No response was made when Marty asked something about "New Jobs or New Hires"???

Please, don`t be upset if any names or information might be slightly different from the re-broadcast. I tried to take notes but, its been years sense my last lecture hall.... One thing is for sure CAP was mentioned on a few occasions with reference to applying the "Competitive Work Practices"? And they talked about how the Trades will be lowered to 8000 total from the 9000 members now.

Yep, just an old rusty bucket... things just keep leaking out.... Interesting conference to listen to. Funny, this is the first time I`ve heard CAP will go to a Competitive Work Practices....

Once again this is not to take sides.

Decker

Great Post!!! I am surprised more people have not responded to the very line that says applying these applications will allow for reductions in cost (no surprise there), and in the reduction in labor..hmmm did I miss something??? Are they not adding jobs or are they considering the reduction of labor in trades only stating in a round about way that there will be no more backfill of new trades added or people of the production line going back to tools??? Looks like they want that trades number to go from 9000 to 8000 permanently.

• Like 1

Bankers rule the world.Ford must be competitive.Sorry to break it to you that way.We are the working-class and our children are born debt-slaves.What did you expect Mark fields to say to the bankers?"We are the peace corps of the automobile industry"!We,the hourly workforce are not the reason that Ford Motor exists.The customers,Ford Family and shareholders,bondholders are also important.I mean honestly,,how do you think they stay in business for over a hundred years?

Edited by Fatso

Bankers rule the world.Ford must be competitive.Sorry to break it to you that way.We are the working-class and our children are born debt-slaves.What did you expect Mark fields to say to the bankers?"We are the peace corps of the automobile industry"!We,the hourly workforce are not the reason that Ford Motor exists.The customers,Ford Family and shareholders,bondholders are also important.I mean honestly,,how do you think they stay in business for over a hundred years?

I agree completely. Thanks, for breaking it to me that way......

I too have complete awareness of my place. My children's place. Then I`m under some diluted impression that the organization that stands for the working-class and debt-slaves, would at some point realize we can be told some of the issues in something other than half truths.

I`m totally aware of why Ford exists. I also realize that Ford is just one member in the negotiations, the other member at the table would be our agent. The total mission of these negotiations is for one side to buy our services and the other side to sell the same services.

Buying and selling is woven into the democratic way we all live. Ever buy a piece of land, be told all 100 acres is tillable, just to find out 80 of the acres is tillable only two month's a year....? This is the same feelings I`m having about our agreement.

Fatso, I know we have to work for a living. I just tend to wonder when the debt-slaves will be treated with some dignity or a little respect..... when it comes to passing on information.

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

I agree completely. Thanks, for breaking is to me that way......

I too have complete awareness of my place. My children's place. Then I`m under some diluted impression that the organization that stands for the working-class and debt-slaves, would at some point realize we can be told some of the issues in something other than half truths.

I`m totally aware of why Ford exists. I also realize that Ford is just one member in the negotiations, the other member at the table would be our agent. The total mission of these negotiations is for one side to buy our services and the other side to sell the same services.

Buying and selling is woven into the democratic way we all live. Ever buy a piece of land, be told all 100 acres is tillable, just to find out 80 of the acres is tillable only two month's a year....? This is the same feelings I`m having about our agreement.

Fatso, I know we have to work for a living. I just tend to wonder when the debt-slaves will be treated with some dignity or a little respect..... when it comes to passing on information.

I really like reading your posts. You always have good information and some eye opening posts too! I think in the coming months and years we are going to see alot of things that were between the lines in this contract language. I guess the chips will fall where they may..Good luck to us all

Decker

You all voted yes, so stop your complaining!..

A no vote should have happened, and everyone I know voted no, so either the numbers were fixed or someone got paid under the table to fuck someone. My guess is that the numbers got fixed..

You all let them scare you into voting for this agreement, watch what comes out in the coming weeks about this 2,000 page agreement, yes 2,000 pages, you all think it's 500, but I saw the stack, and it's not good. Someone cut down a whole tree to give the company what they want, and again the membership (aka workers) got screwed.

Next time you all bend over, bend over more so we can at least see your ass pipe this time.

• Like 1

You all voted yes, so stop your complaining!..

A no vote should have happened, and everyone I know voted no, so either the numbers were fixed or someone got paid under the table to fuck someone. My guess is that the numbers got fixed..

You all let them scare you into voting for this agreement, watch what comes out in the coming weeks about this 2,000 page agreement, yes 2,000 pages, you all think it's 500, but I saw the stack, and it's not good. Someone cut down a whole tree to give the company what they want, and again the membership (aka workers) got screwed.

Next time you all bend over, bend over more so we can at least see your ass pipe this time.

Come on screwed, really if they could have fixed anything don`t you think the right to strike would have been gone in 2009.....

Brother, you have to realize we are all in this together now. Dealing with the real language in the contract is going to take most of our strength as a membership. So we have to deal with it. I`m finding that this agreement is very much like so many before it. Double talk, half truths and just plain "oh we forgot to mention" stuff....

A vote for or a vote against ... it`s to late.... Its OUR contract. A successful man takes the bricks others through at him and builds a strong foundation for a better future.

Hang in there Screwed, we will make it through the storm on the horizon. We always do. And hey young brother, lighten up on the ass pipe thing, we mite have anal sensitive members out here....... :-)

Decker

No, Nope, Nine, Nada and uninformed voter from Chicago Assembly

Edited by Decker

Here is the full presentation:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/300828-ford-motor-co-special-call

Under the "Presentation" tab, I do not like what Fields is saying in the 14th or 15th paragraph that the contract retains Ford's right to close or seel the ACH plants- Saline, Sheldon Road, Sandusky, and Indianapolis.

Also under the Q/A tab, near the bottom, Fields says the 12,000 is new jobs, not new hires and the number includes people that will flow back from closed or ACH facilities.

I think that in any contract, there is good and bad, and yes, the "leadership" tells us what they want us to hear in order to get the contract passed. A lot of times there are hidden things- both good and bad- that are burried in the contract that are not spelled out in the highlights but are stated at the local level. For example, Woodhaven must have been promised new work we did not know about in the contract since that local voted 80 percent in favor.