NICK kOTTALIS, ignorant arrogance

leftangleman

In my years at ford motor company and the 5 jackets that i have received over that time, never have i seen something so pathetic as last week when the DTP winter jackets were passed out. My first thought was nice coat until i seen the unbelievable, on the right breast of the jacket embroidered was "NICK KOTTALIS PRESIDENT / CHAIRMAN" and below that was "ANTHONY HOSKINS PLANT MANAGER". Who would want NICK that stupid asshole's name and HOSKINS( who don't even work there anymore) on their coat. It looks like that shady simpleton NICK KOTTALIS thought he found a way for years of free campaigning. Well "THE MEMBERSHIP / VOTERS" are pissed and will know who not to vote for at the next election by reading your name off of everybody's fuck'in jacket....

• Like 2

In my years at ford motor company and the 5 jackets that i have received over that time, never have i seen something so pathetic as last week when the DTP winter jackets were passed out. My first thought was nice coat until i seen the unbelievable, on the right breast of the jacket embroidered was "NICK KOTTALIS PRESIDENT / CHAIRMAN" and below that was "ANTHONY HOSKINS PLANT MANAGER". Who would want NICK that stupid asshole's name and HOSKINS( who don't even work there anymore) on their coat. It looks like that shady simpleton NICK KOTTALIS thought he found a way for years of free campaigning. Well "THE MEMBERSHIP / VOTERS" are pissed and will know who not to vote for at the next election by reading your name off of everybody's fuck'in jacket....

LOL, who is the plant manager??? Maybe you can ask him if he can remove it??? I'm sure the plant manager (current) does not like to see the other guys name on the jacket either. LOL/ someone has a BIG ego.

• Like 1

The cashier at Home Depot demanded to see my ID today because the name on my credit card didn't match the name on my new jacket.... she thought my name was NICK!

Nick, why in the hell would I want your name on MY jacket????? It is a very nice jacket but completely ruined with these names on it!

• Like 1

I agree with not wanting Nick's or some company asshole's name on my jacket, but I would like to point out that the jackets ARE reversible; Just remove the zip-out liner and all you have are the Ford and UAW logos.

get yourself a seam ripper and some tweasers...i have been working on mine since i got it. the embroidery comes out with out a issue as long as your careful

• Like 1

Just a guess but did the names appear after you stopped by and got your jacket? If you were that upset why would you take the jacket in the first place. You will be the one to complain about the sign on bonus and profit sharing check but be at the Harley shop before the check clears. Enjoy your jacket as you ride your Harley paid for by UAW contracts gains! :finger:

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHAH Wait when you bought the jacket weren't you informed that there were going to be these names on it? and you took it

:finger: anyway!

haaahaaaaaa...we don't pay for the jackets and they have never been slaughtered with peoples names before...it's still a free jacket, if you don't like it...remove it...that's what i'm doing

You are classic, the IUAW owes you one thing, to represent the membership. Add up profit sharing and signing bonus and your dues are covered for about 15 years. And without the IUAW your phrase would be "fries with that". :red card:

Gee, another UAW shill. Go back under Bob King's desk. The IUAW has made plenty of money off our backs. They are nothing but damned blood sucking parasites looking out for themselves...Kulaks if you prefer the communist term. Tool.

• Like 4

I agree with not wanting Nick's or some company asshole's name on my jacket, but I would like to point out that the jackets ARE reversible; Just remove the zip-out liner and all you have are the Ford and UAW logos.

No, the jackets are NOT reversible. There are however jackets that did not get the names embroidered onto them. Those jackets went to the salaried personnel. Obviously, Anthony Hoskins wasn't the one who insisted on having the names put on them. He may have insisted on his name being on there if Nick's was as well, but he made sure they weren't put on the salaried jackets!

Just a guess but did the names appear after you stopped by and got your jacket? If you were that upset why would you take the jacket in the first place. You will be the one to complain about the sign on bonus and profit sharing check but be at the Harley shop before the check clears. Enjoy your jacket as you ride your Harley paid for by UAW contracts gains! :finger:

The union did not buy the jackets, it came from a nickle fund that is compiled in part from our union dues,and the plant threw a few bucks also technically we paid for them. No i did not see the names until after i got it because it was in a plastic bag. What the hell is a "SIGN ON BONUS"? are we getting one of those too? and when? I thought we were only getting a "SIGNING BONUS" on NOV.4 from the ratification and SIGNING of the contract and profit sharing on DEC.15. as for complaining about the money, not me, its a nice chunk. So you guessed wrong, and i wont be at the Harley shop either. : big finger :

• Like 2

haaahaaaaaa...we don't pay for the jackets and they have never been slaughtered with peoples names before...it's still a free jacket, if you don't like it...remove it...that's what i'm doing

Does anybody know the name of this supplier we got our FREE jackets from? They probably aren't going to be in business long giving out thousands of free jackets. (Sarcasm) MY jacket was purchased with MY Union Dues! The only name I want embroidered on it is MINE! I didn't know there were other people's names on it until I took it out of the bag when I got home.

• Like 1

The members I talked to said they are going to have both names removed...I'm going to put a Ford patch over it.

• Like 2

Printing the names of Company and Union Officials on free gifts given to the hourly workers is standard procedure.You wanna slam Nick,go ahead and slam Nick.My opinion is that Nick Kottalis is the best Union Man I ever met in 27 years of working at Ford Motor.No one else I would want on my side when the chips are down than Nick Kottalis.You are lucky to have him.

Printing the names of Company and Union Officials on free gifts given to the hourly workers is standard procedure.You wanna slam Nick,go ahead and slam Nick.My opinion is that Nick Kottalis is the best Union Man I ever met in 27 years of working at Ford Motor.No one else I would want on my side when the chips are down than Nick Kottalis.You are lucky to have him.

AWE, isn't Fatso sweet that he likes to wear his boyfriend's name on his jacket. It really is moving, Fatso, Nick would be so proud of you. Maybe you can get a tattoo of him on your bum. How can your chips ever be down, you can retire soon, I can see in the future as if Laverne in Shirley are reincarnated on Fatso jacket. Her with her big "L" on all her shirts and jackets and Fatso with a big "N" on his : )

• Like 2

Captain my sarcasm meter is wayyy off the charts

Do you really honestly believe these jackets were Free? Everything the UAW gives you is paid for by you! You know the cheap candy jar full of starlight mints you got for Christmas 3 years ago... that was gift from you to you... mine went into the garbage when I got home. The UAW bought it for you with your own money! In the past 17 years I have worked for Ford this is the 5th jacket I have received and the 1st to have union officials names on it... sorry, it isn't standard procedure! Why not have Nick pick out your next car for you too and have him put his name on the doors... same thing!

Do you really honestly believe these jackets were Free? Everything the UAW gives you is paid for by you! You know the cheap candy jar full of starlight mints you got for Christmas 3 years ago... that was gift from you to you... mine went into the garbage when I got home. The UAW bought it for you with your own money! In the past 17 years I have worked for Ford this is the 5th jacket I have received and the 1st to have union officials names on it... sorry, it isn't standard procedure! Why not have Nick pick out your next car for you too and have him put his name on the doors... same thing!

Id take it, if all it cost me was my normal 2 hours per month in dues your damn right I would take that car :shades:

Well I cant remember a gift {may I use that word}from the Company/union that did not have names on it so our recollection of events differs.I consider the gifts to be free {may I use that term} because they involve no additional costs to me.Just wear the darn thing shoveling snow.My main reason for commenting is to throw in a vote for Nick.This message board is SO FREAKING ANAL!We are all at each others throats over stupid shit.I am sure you are a pretty cool guy and if I met you in the plant it would be obvious that we are not enemies.Good-luck!

Edited by Fatso