Thanks again UAW for the great contract

4Real?

Yep and with the contract we are set for 4 more years. Going to the Bears game to see them beat down on the Lions this Sunday with my buddies. BOUGHT WITH THE $$$ THE UAW NEGOTIATED!!! Dinner afterwards at Morton's, also from negotiation cash. Don't know how my brothers and sisters can bash the UAW. They have us living in luxury compared to most Americans. DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 8

Yep and with the contract we are set for 4 more years. Going to the Bears game to see them beat down on the Lions this Sunday with my buddies. BOUGHT WITH THE $$$ THE UAW NEGOTIATED!!! Dinner afterwards at Morton's, also from negotiation cash. Don't know how my brothers and sisters can bash the UAW. They have us living in luxury compared to most Americans. DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not invite a Retiree to go with you . Brother

• Like 5

I was driving through a Taco Bell near DTP and I wanted to add to my order.Well,a nice young Black Man working the window noticed my coveralls and he said "You are lucky you work at Fords,,I heard they were hiring where do I apply",,,I hate it when people look up to me.Some people love being snobs,,I hate it.I wished I could of hired him myself but I could not even tell him where to apply.Yeah,,in this economy we got great jobs.You may not notice it until its gone.Anyways Da Bears suck.Lions 27 Bears 21

• Like 7

I was driving through a Taco Bell near DTP and I wanted to add to my order.Well,a nice young Black Man working the window noticed my coveralls and he said "You are lucky you work at Fords,,I heard they were hiring where do I apply",,,I hate it when people look up to me.Some people love being snobs,,I hate it.I wished I could of hired him myself but I could not even tell him where to apply.Yeah,,in this economy we got great jobs.You may not notice it until its gone.Anyways Da Bears suck.Lions 27 Bears 21

Yes there are many hard working people that have no employment or busting their butt in a low paying job.

I wish we could organize this entire country so they could enjoy the great benefits of belonging to the UAW

• Like 8

Yes there are many hard working people that have no employment or busting their butt in a low paying job.

I wish we could organize this entire country so they could enjoy the great benefits of belonging to the UAW

Agreed. Too bad many of our union brothers who have been protected by THE UAW complain and cry all the time how they should get more, more and more. Hey wakeup people!!! The only difference between you and flipping burgers is the UAW.

• Like 8

Tired of hearing in this economy. You're right we do have good jobs, but in this same economy ford has 10 straight billion+ quarters in a row, handing out millions in executive bonuses and we sit stagnant for 4 more years IN THIS ECONOMY.

I kind of remember health care costs being lowered and you get at least $17,000 guaranteed not including other profit sharing throughout the life of your contract. Doesn't sound stagnant to me. Oh, BTW, your health care costs being lowered equalled my health care costs being raised. You are welcome from salaried world.

Edited by nonunion slug
  • Like 8

I kind of remember health care costs being lowered and you get at least $17,000 guaranteed not including other profit sharing throughout the life of your contract. Doesn't sound stagnant to me. Oh, BTW, your health care costs being lowered equalled my health care costs being raised. You are welcome from salaried world.

I kind of remember matching 401K being reinstated right after the company wanted the hourly to give up the right to strike as well as other things(bonus's) after we had already gave up break times, JSP, COLA, and accepting stock options to fund an already underfunded VEBA.

All this while actually having any bonus we could get in-lieu of a pay raise since 2004 tied to profits at a time before the company was turning a profit, as well as the fact that the hourly really do not have much say in what the final product is.

We sink or swim with the choices those that still recieved bonuses got while the company was loosing money.

You are welcome from the hourly world.

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 3

Are you kidding me a great contract! This contract sucks . We gave up everything for $6,000. You should be ashamed of yourself for screwing the rest of us. 4 years of no pay raise and more work added nice contract! Grow some balls and quite being scared! Im tired of people saying your lucky to have a job. I have a job because I bust my ass everyday and go to work. You assholes agree to nothing in the contract. Thanks for 4 years of nothing.

• Like 3

Are you kidding me a great contract! This contract sucks . We gave up everything for $6,000. You should be ashamed of yourself for screwing the rest of us. 4 years of no pay raise and more work added nice contract! Grow some balls and quite being scared! Im tired of people saying your lucky to have a job. I have a job because I bust my ass everyday and go to work. You assholes agree to nothing in the contract. Thanks for 4 years of nothing.

Unless you are in skilled trades you should fucking be damn glad you make the wages that you do. Millions of other workers can do these production jobs and would do them for less. Go work somewhere else if you think you are worth more.

• Like 7

I kind of remember matching 401K being reinstated right after the company wanted the hourly to give up the right to strike as well as other things(bonus's) after we had already gave up break times, JSP, COLA, and accepting stock options to fund an already underfunded VEBA.

All this while actually having any bonus we could get in-lieu of a pay raise since 2004 tied to profits at a time before the company was turning a profit, as well as the fact that the hourly really do not have much say in what the final product is.

We sink or swim with the choices those that still recieved bonuses got while the company was loosing money.

You are welcome from the hourly world.

On, I'm crying. I have had my healthcare costs increase by 20% every year since I've been here. You have not. I would trade my health care costs that come out of pocket with your health care costs any day of the week. BTW, the company matching stock is a voluntary program, you have to participate in the program to get the benefit. It is an option, it is not a given. And we did get bonuses, just like the hourly, but I believe for most of the GSR's it was less. I wish you morons would understand there is a difference between salaried and management, but it seems like the hourly morons on this site cannot understand that idea. It would help you quite a bit if you did. I'm not holding my breath for you to actually understand it. :banghead:

Oh yes, the hourly just got $6,000 and the salaried got zero except increased costs in our benefits. The company giveth to the hourly and taketh from the salaried. :ohsnap:

Edited by nonunion slug
  • Like 4

On, I'm crying. I have had my healthcare costs increase by 20% every year since I've been here. You have not. I would trade my health care costs that come out of pocket with your health care costs any day of the week. BTW, the company matching stock is a voluntary program, you have to participate in the program to get the benefit. It is an option, it is not a given. And we did get bonuses, just like the hourly, but I believe for most of the GSR's it was less. I wish you morons would understand there is a difference between salaried and management, but it seems like the hourly morons on this site cannot understand that idea. It would help you quite a bit if you did. I'm not holding my breath for you to actually understand it. :banghead:

Oh yes, the hourly just got $6,000 and the salaried got zero except increased costs in our benefits. The company giveth to the hourly and taketh from the salaried. :ohsnap:

Then please enlighten me on the difference between salaried and management? because I view it all the same, there are two options Hourly or Salaried from all the paperwork ive seen with the company in my 14+ years I have been here.

6,000 was a very nice chunk of change I am not ungratefull one bit, it really pisses me off though that salaried/management people seem to think only one side has given stuff up. Both sides and this goes a little more so for entry level salaried/management workers. But do not think for one minute that while I sympathize with the lower tier salaried workers, that i feel they have given up anymore than any hourly worker.

The truth is the only ones that have not been way overcompensated are the select few at the very top, everyone under them has made some sacrafices one way or another on both the hourly and salaried sides.

• Like 3