New ST Info

fusion37

Are there new photos, color choices, ordering information on the ST? Since the LA Auto Show info, I've looked for photos other than the Tangerine (?) that we've seen now for a year and did recently see the black ST that's in the British film production. Wondering if I've missed other colors that might be somewhere on the web. Anyone know when Ford will release the order guide?

per Fords LAX press release - available colors in North America – Performance Blue, Race Red, Oxford White, Tuxedo Black and Ingot Silver

IMG_7120.JPG

some cell phone pics from dj4monie at focusfanatics.com

Photo11191120.jpg

Photo11191119.jpg

from autoguide.com show some live images of the Performance Blue ST

IMG_7109.JPG

IMG_7110.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/v/main/auto-shows/2011-la-auto-show/ford_001/focus-st/IMG_7114.JPG.html

some images in black, these images are from the UK were Ford has delivered several (6) early-build Focus ST for use in the upcoming British blockbuster film, The Sweeney, which is based on the original TV series that aired in the UK between 1975 and 1978.

Ford-Focus-ST-The_Sweeney-Carscoop7.jpg

Ford-Focus-ST-The_Sweeney-Carscoop81.jpg

Ford-Focus-ST-The_Sweeney-Carscoop5.jpg

Ford-Focus-ST-The_Sweeney-Carscoop6.jpg

Edited by MKII

Wow. The ST is nice. Wondering about a three door hatchback? It looks like a fun car to drive!

Doubt the 3-door is coming to our shores, which is why the concept shown here was a 5-door. Shouldn't really make much difference though. Just like the first gen Focus, the only difference is the number of doors. Wheelbase and all else is still the same. :shrug:

So the US Spec ST isn't getting the gunmetal color rims?

Well Jost Capito said you would be getting the same wheel choices &, same brand of tires. Will have to wait to see the spec sheet, but I have a feeling

the same trim levels that where listed from the Frankfurt show reveal will be the same for North America, minus some of the advance safety

gizmos probably.

Re the 3 door ST, there is no new 3 door ST for anywhere. The new global Focus ST is 5 door only.

And the cars shown this year in Frankfurt was the Euro production car, and the ST shown at LA show is the North American production car, not a

concept.

Edited by MKII

And the cars shown this year in Frankfurt was the Euro production car, and the ST shown at LA show is the North American production car, not a

concept.

That seems kind of silly to me. They should offer both configurations in the markets that offer both 3 and 5 door variants already. It wouldn't really add any complexity to assembly.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't read when JOB 1 is but, I saw a white ST yesterday. I'm a few miles down the road from MAP. Looked good. Anybody know JOB 1?

For Europe, we have been told September we should see Focus ST in the showrooms, so I would imagine the same release dates are the goal for North America as well.

SweeneyST2.jpg

SweeneyST3.jpg

Edited by MKII

I haven't read when JOB 1 is but, I saw a white ST yesterday. I'm a few miles down the road from MAP. Looked good. Anybody know JOB 1?

According to the production and sales date list that was posted here on BOF, the Job1 date for the 2013 Focus is 7/23/12, the order bank opens 4/2/12 and retail orders build date is 6/7/12. Maybe the cars at the plant are pre-production models??

Edited by transitman

I finally saw the Focus ST at the Ottawa Auto Show yesterday! I think that they should have had it accessible to the public, but it was nice to see anyway. I think that I want to get the spoiler for my Focus, but they are expensive through the Ford dealers and only come primed. Has anyone made the change? I could not believe that they had the regular headlamps on the ST, because I was sure that they were going to upgrade this with the Euro headlamps (which I also still want).

Carl, maybe I should call your brother to see if he can get me a reasonable deal.

Edited by DEREKC