2025 Lincoln Continental Design Study

Lincoln needs to hire these guys IMMEDIATELY!!! They understand and interpret for me what a Modern Lincoln should be. They kept many of the design cues that are so important for instant recognition, yet did a fantastic job of melding them with the past, present and future.

Clearly some aspects are not feasible, but the overall flow, stance, and presence is just amazing.

I loved the MKR concept. This study immediately brought those thoughts to mind. I am very glad Ford participated in this study. I think as feedback starts to roll in they will learn a great deal about what design features truly excite a Lincoln fan and customer.

I am raising money to put toward the development of this Design Study.........therefore, my Mother is For Sale.

Sorry Mom, but this is just too important.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/01/students-design-all-electric-lincoln.html

post-15909-0-30281600-1327253990_thumb.jpg

Photo Credits: Colin Bonathan via Lawrence Tech

Edited by LincolnOne

• 1 month later...

IMHO, no. It's a derivative collection of clichés, like a Lincoln Camaro. My 2¢. :)

Yep. I'm with ya there.

And another thing-- why do modern car designers HATE being able to see OUT of your car?

I swear, the side and rear windows keep getting smaller and smaller each and every single model year!

• 1 month later...

This car suffers from the worn-out cliches inherent in contemporary student design studies, but I think it still has some outstanding features which I would like to see incorporated into a new Lincoln design language. The cliches are the excessively chopped roof line, the way oversized wheels and horny toad smashing ground clearance. These are in just about every student project. Thes universal attempts to be original sort of remind me of the famous quote by Paloma Picasso which went something like "deviance in art for the sake that deviance is expected has become the ultimate conformity". It is kind of like the hundreds of millions of sheep-people who get tattoos, piercings and basically the same hair-do so they can express their individuality.

Anyway, the design elements I really like on this car are the front wheel arch, the grill, the way the Lincoln badge is integrated into the fenders, the overall proportions of the hood, cockpit and trunk, and the shape of the "C" pillar. I'd love to see these make it into a few future Lincolns.

Edited by TBirdStangSkyliner