Build and Price a 2013 Mustang

MJB3

• 1 month later...

The 2013 Mustang configurator (Build & Price) is now online at FordVehicles.com.

Do you know why there's no GT Track Pack option available? Is it going to be late availability or is Ford having trouble gearing up to offer this package in the qualities that they predict the Mustang buyers are going to demand? I was on the fence about the package because it forces you to get the 3.73 gears but, I think that Torsen diff is a major contributing factor to the Boss' handling prowess. Ford did a good job with the 2013 freshening but, I think they should have left the HIDs on the options list. I think it gives the Mustang a less agressive look and doesn't it add more weight vs Halogen?

Do you know why there's no GT Track Pack option available? Is it going to be late availability or is Ford having trouble gearing up to offer this package in the qualities that they predict the Mustang buyers are going to demand? I was on the fence about the package because it forces you to get the 3.73 gears but, I think that Torsen diff is a major contributing factor to the Boss' handling prowess. Ford did a good job with the 2013 freshening but, I think they should have left the HIDs on the options list. I think it gives the Mustang a less agressive look and doesn't it add more weight vs Halogen?

HID are standard on 2013 Mustangs

That was his point - they should have been left optional.

I think Tuxedo Black should be an option as well. I've notice thay have started to paint other vehicle Tuxedo Black again. And why would thay take the 3.73:1 option down for the 2013 GT's? The 302 Boss' are still getting them and they run down the very same production line.

I think Tuxedo Black should be an option as well. I've notice thay have started to paint other vehicle Tuxedo Black again. And why would thay take the 3.73:1 option down for the 2013 GT's? The 302 Boss' are still getting them and they run down the very same production line.

Could be marketing or CAFE or limited supply or a dozen other reasons.

Tuxedo black is nice but to me it doesn't fit the Mustang like the regular black does.

Could be marketing or CAFE or limited supply or a dozen other reasons.

Tuxedo black is nice but to me it doesn't fit the Mustang like the regular black does.

I see that they corrected the 'Build & Price' site and now there's the GT Track Pack as an option. Does anyone know if the 2013 Mustang no longer has 'full instrumentation'? Are the oil pressure and voltmeter deleted for all Mustang models? Sometimes it seems like Ford will give us something we didn't ask for but, take away something we like. I prefer having gauges much more than a Gee whiz app that I'll seldom use, unless of course the small screen displays virtual gauges when the Track App isn't in use?

I apologize in advance to anyone that thinks the Track App is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel.

So you are saying I can get the 3.73 without getting the track package? The build site shows it only if you get the track package.

The 3.73 rear axle option is most certainly available on the 2013 Mustang GT's. I have (2) 2013 GT's built and in transit to our dealership now. The 3.55 & 3.73 ratios were restricted to retail orders only for some time during the 2012 MY due to CAFE requirements.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...