Ex-Ford Drivers in Toyotas

I started losing interest after my favorite driver Alan Kulwicki died in the plane crash and then my wife's favorite, Davey Allison passed away. Seeing Jeff Gordon get stolen away from Ford after all that we invested in him in the Busch series was disappointing. The final blow for me was letting Toyota into it, I was done and don't miss it. Our local radio station that used to broadcast all Nascar races, Sat. and Sun. has now dropped them, so I can't even listen to it if I wanted to. Watching on TV is too painful, especially listening to the goofy Waltrip brothers. And if I hear boogety boogety boogety spew out of the older blowhard Waltrip's mouth again, I will drive nails into my ears.

Aside from a few select d-bags, I don't hold which manufacturer a driver is driving for against them personally. Sure, I want the Ford guys to win and the others to loose, but I don't consider driving a Toyota an indictment against a guy. I'm more cheesed at guys like Kasey Khane, who was brought up in Fords and has at every opportunity jumped ship to drive for anyone but Ford. That's a guy who lacks something.

I started losing interest after my favorite driver Alan Kulwicki died in the plane crash and then my wife's favorite, Davey Allison passed away.

I remember that season--I was a big Davey Allison fan, and I rather liked Kulwicki's "Polish victory lap." When I started to lose interest was when Ford dropped the T-Bird and started racing Tauri--at least the Winton Cup T-Birds looked like their showroom counterparts; the Tauri were complete stickermobiles. When they took the second Darlington race and sent it out to California, that just was just too much money-grubbing by the Francies, and NASCAR became dead to me. Allowing Ty-yodas into the cup was just the wooden stake through the undead corpse...