MyFordTouch upgrade's in the mail

I have an Escape being built tomorrow.....I wonder if it will already be updated with this" Fix"???

It can't be a 2013 Escape because they aren't being built yet. Which I am guessing yours is a 2012. The 2012 Escape is not affected by this as it does not come with MyFordTouch.

Edited by svtenthusiast

Big uproar about the new update over on the Focus forums. Quite a few glitches and things overlooked on the new system. For example, there is no way to define the MyFordTouch favorites on the steering wheel anymore. No progress bar for CD or USB music. Volume bar does not acknowledge every other step in volume adjustment. It makes you think if this was overlooked what else was. Who do they have testing these systems? I smell another update coming soon.

Edited by svtenthusiast
  • Like 3

Big uproar about the new update over on the Focus forums. Quite a few glitches and things overlooked on the new system. For example, there is no way to define the MyFordTouch favorites on the steering wheel anymore. No progress bar for CD or USB music. Volume bar does not acknowledge every other step in volume adjustment. It makes you think if this was overlooked what else was. Who do they have testing these systems? I smell another update coming soon.

How do you know these things were "overlooked" as opposed to being conscious design decisions? Also - are these people getting the updates from their dealer or are they using somebody else's files (say from a Ford Edge)? They may be different.

Favorites bar on the steering wheel? Unless the Focus has something my Edge doesn't, I don't know what this is referring to. I do believe that the Favorites screen has been eliminated altogether though on the main screen. I never used it anyway, so no loss to me. Others might be peeved though.

Of course you realize that people are always going to bitch.

As for updates, what else is new? I'm constantly getting updates for almost all apps on my iPod Touch or software on my computer. You can always make something better.

Favorites bar on the steering wheel? Unless the Focus has something my Edge doesn't, I don't know what this is referring to. I do believe that the Favorites screen has been eliminated altogether though on the main screen. I never used it anyway, so no loss to me. Others might be peeved though.

Yes, the Focus has 2 favorites shortcut buttons on the steering wheel controls.

Edited by svtenthusiast
  • Like 2

How do you know these things were "overlooked" as opposed to being conscious design decisions? Also - are these people getting the updates from their dealer or are they using somebody else's files (say from a Ford Edge)? They may be different.

Well if they were conscious they are a step backwards. If you give people functionality, then take it away people have a right to be upset.

The MyFord Touch update is the same package for all vehicles. It must have logic in the package to know what options to install. Each dealership got the same drives for all their stock vehicles. Even the SD navigation cards are the same from what I hear.

• Like 2

Of course you realize that people are always going to bitch.

As for updates, what else is new? I'm constantly getting updates for almost all apps on my iPod Touch or software on my computer. You can always make something better.

Only if you decide that all the buttons have to be electronic instead of physical. You can't improve on my car's controls, nor do they ever fail to work or change what they do.

• Like 1

They can be a shortcut to anything in the MyFord Touch system. For example, Valet mode. Instead of going deep into menus for your most used items.

Hmm suppose that's useful for the handful of people who use some of the deeper functions. Don't think most people will even notice.

Hmm suppose that's useful for the handful of people who use some of the deeper functions. Don't think most people will even notice.

So are you giving them a pass that this was overlooked just because some people won't notice? It's OK for something to be broken that worked before an upgrade? Sorry, I don't agree.

Edited by svtenthusiast
  • Like 1

So are you giving them a pass that this was overlooked just because some people won't notice? It's OK for something to be broken that worked before an upgrade? Sorry, I don't agree.

So don't get the upgrade. Nobody is forcing you to get it. You're more than welcome to keep the old buggy stuff.

They certainly didn't "forget" to put it in. Software mfrs are constantly adding new features and removing old features.

DirecTV's latest software release no longer allows me to pause live TV while in the Guide. I used that feature a lot but you don't see me whining about it all over the internet.

• Like 1

So don't get the upgrade. Nobody is forcing you to get it. You're more than welcome to keep the old buggy stuff.

They certainly didn't "forget" to put it in. Software mfrs are constantly adding new features and removing old features.

DirecTV's latest software release no longer allows me to pause live TV while in the Guide. I used that feature a lot but you don't see me whining about it all over the internet.

huh, whining? I am stating the facts. It's your opinion that it's OK to lose functionality, but I am confident you are in the minority.

If they didn't forget to put it in, then they need to tell us that 2 buttons on the steering wheel are non-operational. This is normal customer service stuff here which you are defending.

Edited by svtenthusiast
  • Like 4

huh, whining? I am stating the facts. It's your opinion that it's OK to lose functionality, but I am confident you are in the minority.

If they didn't forget to put it in, then they need to tell us that 2 buttons on the steering wheel are non-operational. This is normal customer service stuff here which you are defending.

If you don't like it let Ford know and if enough people complain then maybe they'll add it back. If Ford left it out then they had a reason - they didn't just "forget" it.

Nobody here can do anything about it. My point was things will always change in a new software release and you can't please everybody with every design decision.

Didn't say anything about giving them a pass. I just don't think most people will notice. I'm annoyed at some of the things they left out, like the ambient temperature display. :rant:

Well in any case, it doesn't look good for this version of the upgrade. There are over 700 posts in one thread over at the Focus forums, complaints about glitches, lost fuctionality and poor graphical design. Ford started one of the threads and hasn't been back since. That speaks volumes.

Very bad that someone called Sync customer service and they didn't even know what the favorites buttons were on the Focus steering wheel. You think they would of learned by now to be knowledgeable and overly helpful with how justifiably sensitive everyone is about MyFord Touch. They (and we) don't need this again and it's almost like the never ending story.

I won't be installing this revision.

• Like 3

Well in any case, it doesn't look good for this version of the upgrade. There are over 700 posts in one thread over at the Focus forums, complaints about glitches, lost fuctionality and poor graphical design. Ford started one of the threads and hasn't been back since. That speaks volumes.

Where are you seeing this?

Meh. Seems a draw. People complaining about stuff, and people praising the improvements. Anyway, Ford will do another re-fresh, because it's software. Welcome to Serial Service Pack. With mobo BIOS chip-sets, it was not uncommon to see revision "J" or higher, as zits get popped. :)

I still can't wait to, lost thermometer be damned! :P

You can now. go to syncmyride.com

If you have nav, they won't let you download because you need the new SD card. But you can select "non-nav" which is the same software if you can live without your nav until they send you the SD card.

• Like 1

You can now. go to syncmyride.com

If you have nav, they won't let you download because you need the new SD card. But you can select "non-nav" which is the same software if you can live without your nav until they send you the SD card.

I have the nav. No sense wasting my time downloading it if I'm gonna be getting a flash drive in the mail soon anyway.