Does the GOP need a new ("white knight" ) candidate?

Great, what could go wrong?

Absolutely nothing if you let American/Canadian ingenuity do its thing, but if you continue down this road, you will end up with any kind of energy so high, we will all be spending everything to heat/cool our homes, and drive our cars. That doesn't bode well for the economy as a whole, just for a vision.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Fact:

Warren Harding went into the brokered 1920 convention with only 6% of the delegates, but emerged as the party’s nominee. Harding won the general election in a landslide and took a very non-interventionist approach to the Depression of 1921.

GOOD NEWS FOR RON PAUL

MOST polls we read are of REPUBLICAN voters only. The current Gallup poll of ONLY Republican voters reads: Romney 41% Santorum 25% Paul 15% Gingrich 7%

QUITE a difference when the voter spectrum is complete. Here's the latest Gallup poll including INDEPENDENTS and DEMs: Paul 35% Romney 28% Santorum 20% Gingrich 4% undecided 13%

RON PAUL IS AHEAD IN A POLL OF THE ENTIRE VOTER SPECTRUM - LEADING AMONG ALL U.S. VOTERS. THIS POINTS TO VICTORY IN NOVEMBER-

Interesting Fact:

Warren Harding went into the brokered 1920 convention with only 6% of the delegates, but emerged as the party’s nominee. Harding won the general election in a landslide and took a very non-interventionist approach to the Depression of 1921.

Just asking, but when Harding won the nomination, was it a brokered convention? I am not saying it was, I am asking if it was, because no such thing is going to happen this time around.

Just asking, but when Harding won the nomination, was it a brokered convention? I am not saying it was, I am asking if it was, because no such thing is going to happen this time around.

Things were different back then but here is a little info.

Brokered convention

The last winning U.S. presidential nominee produced by a brokered convention was Franklin D. Roosevelt, in 1932.

I wouldn't say that much yet. They say Romney has to take 75% of the delegates to get it outright. There is also the FACT that DRP has been getting a majority in the caucus states where they are not bound in the first vote, which truthfully means Romney has less than reported by the MSM.

Things were different back then but here is a little info.

Brokered convention

I wouldn't say that much yet. They say Romney has to take 75% of the delegates to get it outright. There is also the FACT that DRP has been getting a majority in the caucus states where they are not bound in the first vote, which truthfully means Romney has less than reported by the MSM.

I will be honest with you, I don't know the math for Romney. I do know that Santorum needs somewhere around 80% of the remaining delegates to get the nod, but that is according to the talking heads on the news, and who knows if they are being accurate on any of the counts.

I am certain that no matter who the nominee is, this is going to be the most devisive general election in post WWII history. Obama can't run on anything in his record, so he is going to attack any idea the GOP nominee has including if they ever make public what kind of toilet paper they use.

I seriously don't see how Obama can win this election as long as the electoral college is still the method used to choose the President. The polls at this time mean little at this point because you have Obama and all the democrats attacking GOP ideas almost without reprisal as the GOP is still working for a nominee. Once that happens and all their dollars are pointed at Obama speaking in unison, he will be a sitting duck.

And for our friends on the left, we should remember Bill Clinton. Everyone laughed, do we remember? A nobody governor from Arkansas. And what about Obama? A lecturer/community organizer. People wanted CHANGE both times, and they got it. 1 for the good, and 1 that has been terrible. With over 70% of the the people saying the country is going in the wrong direction, wouldn't you take that to mean they want change again?

There is absolutely, positively no doubt that at this point in time, it is the GOPs race to lose, not Obamas to win!

Edited by Imawhosure

It is April, not to worry. If you see those numbers in September, then it is a different story. With all the screw ups Obama did in the last 2 weeks, you will see the numbers come much closer together which will probably make everyone feel better, and I expect more of the same to follow.

It is April, not to worry. If you see those numbers in September, then it is a different story. With all the screw ups Obama did in the last 2 weeks, you will see the numbers come much closer together which will probably make everyone feel better, and I expect more of the same to follow.

580985_382126945141879_275683962452845_1183789_1684660117_n.jpg

580985_382126945141879_275683962452845_1183789_1684660117_n.jpg

It's not "all about beating Obama" for the sake of beating Obama.

It's about getting the country on a path to prosperity for all. That is not saying the Romney is the best person to do this. But I know Obama isn't.

So long as the government is at a standstill, and most anything Obama presents to the Congress is voted down with bipartisan majorities (some of them voted down by 100% majority), then maybe he's right where he needs to be; ineffective and inconsequential.

lol Daddy, the question isn't if Romney could buy his nomination from the GOP; the real question is if Obama using 1 billion dollars can again buy the Presidency. If he and his minions keep shooting themselves in the foot over Romneys wife, I am thinking it might take 2 billion, lol! Get out your wallet, Obama needs another cash infusion-)

War on women? Your guys are so pathetic it is almost funny. I hear your fearless leader is paying his women less in the whitehouse then the men. I am gonna have to watch my political shows Sunday morning to watch the mighty liberals spin on this, but I am sure come Monday morning, this tidbit will begin the start of the candidates numbers coming much closer together.

Poor Ann Romney--------->A cancer survivor, and has survived MS. Your guys really know who to pick on, now don't they!

Edited by Imawhosure

Still tilting at windmills Don Quixote.

The deal is done. It will be Romney. Paul never had a chance. The rules require a candidate to win 5 Primary/Caucus ballots just to be considered on a 1st ballot at the convention. I don't see 5 contests Paul can win from here on out.

He won't go independent for the sake of his son's political career.

Not even I believe that YOU believe what you posted; so that begs the question of why you would post something so far fetched that you would have to be flying over the masses powered by your Beanie and Cecil caps to think it was even possible.

I believe it. Every state has different rules.

Romney still needs almost 500 delegates to clinch GOP nomination

Then I wish you well, but hope you won't be crushed if it doesn't happen.

I won't. Like you said before you can't have radical change. Hopefully this continues on and things get better for all of us instead of the lesser of the two evils. He has strong grassroots(state and local level) support that hopefully starts to change things. You would know this if the MSM covered him at all, but they don't.

Still tilting at windmills Don Quixote.

The deal is done. It will be Romney. Paul never had a chance. The rules require a candidate to win 5 Primary/Caucus ballots just to be considered on a 1st ballot at the convention. I don't see 5 contests Paul can win from here on out.

He won't go independent for the sake of his son's political career.

I believe they just need to win a delegate in at least 5 states.

I believe they just need to win a delegate in at least 5 states.

I really do not know the rules, but if you think the GOP is going to take someone who is close, or in the lead out of the race with Obama, then you aren't thinking about removing our problem, you are just creating another problem for us to deal with.

DRP chose to run as a republican. As such.......for both him and his son, he knows what that means. It is very clear to me that his total intention is to remove Obama from office before it is to late. He has made it clear that another 4 years of Obama will virtually sink us. Therefore----------->if he decides to run as an independent, that will almost cinch an Obama victory, which means he lied because allowing Obama another 4 years was not as important as he said.

I am not calling him a liar, all I am saying is------>if he runs as an independent, then he is calling himself a liar, and no more than a typical power grabbing politician who will say anything to get his people to stick with him. He knows EXACTLY who it would put in the Whitehouse, and it won't be him.

Edited by Imawhosure

I really do not know the rules, but if you think the GOP is going to take someone who is close, or in the lead out of the race with Obama, then you aren't thinking about removing our problem, you are just creating another problem for us to deal with.

DRP chose to run as a republican. As such.......for both him and his son, he knows what that means. It is very clear to me that his total intention is to remove Obama from office before it is to late. He has made it clear that another 4 years of Obama will virtually sink us. Therefore----------->if he decides to run as an independent, that will almost cinch an Obama victory, which means he lied because allowing Obama another 4 years was not as important as he said.

I am not calling him a liar, all I am saying is------>if he runs as an independent, then he is calling himself a liar, and no more than a typical power grabbing politician who will say anything to get his people to stick with him. He knows EXACTLY who it would put in the Whitehouse, and it won't be him.

" who is close, or in the lead" in what? Polls?

Take a look at DRP's numbers then, if you can find them. Especially the ones that are not just Repubs(include Dems and independants).

" who is close, or in the lead" in what? Polls?

Take a look at DRP's numbers then, if you can find them. Especially the ones that are not just Repubs(include Dems and independants).

Then I must be faaaaaaar removed Mr Cap, because besides you, everyone I know talks about Romney or Obama. And I don't mean on here, I mean in real life. I talk to, do business, with multiple people including having things done personally. I purposely bring up politics while being non commital so they will speak freely, and I have never had 1 of them bring up DRP. It is always Obama, Gingrich, Santorum, or Romney. In the last week, it is all Obama and Romney discussion.

I like XR commend you on your loyalty, but if you really believe what you keep posting, I fear you are going to be sorely disappointed after the conventions.

Cap, I really do enjoy seeing some one that is truely 100% behind a candidate, any candidate. I wish I could experience that some day. I find myself holding my nose when forced to make a choice. Good on you!

Well I feel that until people stop "holding there nose" nothing is going to change. The other problem is people need to educate them selves and stop blindly following 1 party no matter what. I believe you said you voted for Obama but now have second thoughts about it. There are many that did and still hold him up as there hero(I believe we have a few here).

I felt a need to throw this in....

America went off the Gold Standard in 1971

530480_285247354893238_169567139794594_653857_564497932_n.jpg