Retiree Question

longball

Is it true that our UAW gave away the social security creep payments in the last contract?

Yep, Took away alot of our heathcare too!!!! For 32 years I thought Ford was trying to screw me, and I retire and take it in the behind from my beloved Union. Can you say RIGHT TO WORK STATE! It's got my vote.

I read that GM kept their coverage for their 62 year olds....what is the UAW doing?

I retired under the previous contract in 2008,turned 62 a year ago, and I've continued to receive the supplement for nearly a year now. I've received my last supplement since I'm old enough to draw 80% of my social security as of two weeks ago. I'm not sure what happens to those who've retired since the last contract. I went to the Ford Fanatics Forum for more info and found that I had actually posed the same question over there several months ago after reading a similar rumor on BON. I couldn't get an answer there or from reading the contract highlights. It would be a good idea to make a phone call if you're considering retirement.

I retired under the previous contract in 2008,turned 62 a year ago, and I've continued to receive the supplement for nearly a year now. I've received my last supplement since I'm old enough to draw 80% of my social security as of two weeks ago. I'm not sure what happens to those who've retired since the last contract. I went to the Ford Fanatics Forum for more info and found that I had actually posed the same question over there several months ago after reading a similar rumor on BON. I couldn't get an answer there or from reading the contract highlights. It would be a good idea to make a phone call if you're considering retirement.

I retired in 2008 but have not turned 62 yet....hearing that under the latest contract we no longer get the payments...$18000.00 taken away from retirees turning 62....and we couldn't even have a vote.

I retired in 2008 but have not turned 62 yet....hearing that under the latest contract we no longer get the payments...$18000.00 taken away from retirees turning 62....and we couldn't even have a vote.

Go to Myfordbenefits.com and click on "pension". Then click on "payment information" and "payment amounts". That will tell you exactly how long your supplement payments are going to continue. You may not like what you see,but at least you'll know.

• Like 1

Go to Myfordbenefits.com and click on "pension". Then click on "payment information" and "payment amounts". That will tell you exactly how long your supplement payments are going to continue. You may not like what you see,but at least you'll know.

From what I see there, you only receive the supplement for 1 month after turning 62.

If they overpay you, you may have to pay it all back.

While I was talking to our benifits rep the other day I asked him about this issue. He said that as of Sept 2011 it was done. He also mentioned something about if you were born before a certain date in 1949 it continues (don't hold me to that one we talked about alot of things). He said this particular benifit gained for retirees the UAW only had for a total of four previous contracts.

While I was talking to our benifits rep the other day I asked him about this issue. He said that as of Sept 2011 it was done. He also mentioned something about if you were born before a certain date in 1949 it continues (don't hold me to that one we talked about alot of things). He said this particular benifit gained for retirees the UAW only had for a total of four previous contracts.

Oh....it was a benefit for ONLY 4 contracts....that is ONLY half of my career at Ford...why would I expect a benefit that has been in place for 16 years to be there when I can benefit from it....Be kind to your junior workers.....they will be voting on contracts that will make changes to your retirement that you thought were untouchable....Retirees need to be able to vote on National contracts

Oh....it was a benefit for ONLY 4 contracts....that is ONLY half of my career at Ford...why would I expect a benefit that has been in place for 16 years to be there when I can benefit from it....Be kind to your junior workers.....they will be voting on contracts that will make changes to your retirement that you thought were untouchable....Retirees need to be able to vote on National contracts

Right, let us vote, and let the BC try to explain that if they took more off retirees the contract would be turned down, so thats why you lost break time,vacation, or got a smaller raise than you wanted. Maybe we should vote in BC also

Right, let us vote, and let the BC try to explain that if they took more off retirees the contract would be turned down, so thats why you lost break time,vacation, or got a smaller raise than you wanted. Maybe we should vote in BC also

Did you say raise :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: now that's funny. By the time this contract is up that will be ten yrs. with no raise. I hope everyone still enjoying their bribe i mean signing bonus :angry:

If you are tired of the UAW sticking to us retirees, do what I did. I contacted State Street Bank and had them quit deducting my $2.00 in union dues. It might be only $24.00 a year but I figure that I can take the Mrs. out to dinner on the UAW once a year!

If you are tired of the UAW sticking to us retirees, do what I did. I contacted State Street Bank and had them quit deducting my $2.00 in union dues. It might be only $24.00 a year but I figure that I can take the Mrs. out to dinner on the UAW once a year!

Don't take the wife out to dinner! Save the $24 for the next hike in perscription drugs co-pay and/or the increase in monthly payments for health care. It seems to me everything we fought for in my 39 years at Ford has been given back or taken away.