Reality Is Setting In Here At CAP

Decker

All the text messaging and phone calls with the need to talk with any human being about the "A" crew, "B" crew and the answer to Fords need for cheap labor the "C" crew are jamming all the cell phone band width around CAP....

Some here at CAP are starting to see the crap hitting the fan, I refer to the "3 crew" part of the AWS and all the other opitions under this AWS crap.

Now dont get me wrong there are those that really want to work "4" days a week. Also there are those that want to work "4" on "3" off or "5" on "20" off or what ever is going on in the Trades....

Then "Reality" !!!!!

Well, "4" days a week.... mabye not. Mandatory Overtime, yep 5 days a week. Some of the text messaging involved such questions as, What the hell you mean they can make me (A Crew) come in on Sunday at 6 freckin A...M..???

Look at it like this, what did you really do on the Sunday in between Saturday and a Monday holiday like Memorial Day? Hell the holiday is really Monday anyway.

"4" day work schedule yep sounds great. What happens when your work schedule includes let say, a Friday and a Monday? Some other text messages were... How the hell can they make me (C Crew) work NATIONAL HOLIDAYS that falls on Monday or Friday!!!!??? and the phone call that really had a slam of reality.... What do you mean your not sure I can convert my HOLIDAY PAY if I work the HOLIDAY!!!!??

Then the text and phone calls on the topic of "I like the schedule I have now". (starting at 2pm, the current "C Shift") "how do I go about declining my bid for C Crew?"...

Then there are the assumptions... Hell, I`ll just bump off this dam "C Crew" now that I have the classification anyway...?? The other assumption... Sunday will be Double Time??? Well, yes if the A Crew and the C Crew work Friday and Saturday together, side by side, then when the A Crew works Sunday it will be DOUBLE TIME!!!! And yes if the B Crew and the C Crew work together, side by side Monday and works Saturday ( if its mandatory), then when the B Crew works Sunday side by side with the C Crew, it will be DOUBLE TIME!!!! Sunday double time really????

One thing for sure, I keep hearing "We didn`t vote for this CRAP!!!" Well, the reality is here. Hang in there CAP. We will see how the Trim and Chassis department do Monday. I feel for those untrained, unknowing young members that just finished their training classes last Friday.

As for the Salaried Crew..... get that deer in the head lights look off your faces its.... REALITY... right there in front of you. Now get those numbers!!!

Decker

1 of the 1788

In reality, C-Crew is the most expensive crew to operate... There is the 10% shift premium for all of those on that shift... yes, there are mostly low-seniority people there, but the majority of them make the first-tier wage. At $28.24/hour, that's an extra $2.82 per hour, per person, that the company has to shell out.

Anyone with any knowledge of the contract should know that if you work the holiday, you can convert your holiday pay to personal time. That has been in the contract for years. In the case of C-Crew, however, national holidays scheduled as regular days of work can't be converted. You have to work on the "observed" holiday in order to be eligible for conversion. That's just one of the pitfalls of working C-Crew. There are too many more to mention, so don't get me started.

It is frustrating to have to work on a company holiday only to realize you are only getting straight time for it - trust me, this comes from experience. This is what happens when the company puts wording in LOU's that benefits them without the UAW realizing it.

DTP has been doing "Super Days" for a few years now. It's the nature of the beast. But, two crews will NEVER overlap each other - they simply come in at their normal time, albeit on a normal day off. I don't know how CAP's 3-Crew system will (or does) work, but the way it works at DTP, if a "Super" day is scheduled, A-Crew comes in on Sunday at 6am, and B-Crew comes in Saturday at 5:30pm. The only differences are that they can't work you more than 10 on a super day, and that it's one of your scheduled days off, which is guaranteed overtime. C-Crew does not have any additional slots to come in, therefore they never get the chance to work a "Super" day (they can't get called in either). That's just how it works.

We are all creatures of habit, and it sucks when starting times get changed and there's nothing you can do about it. This is the auto industry - never expect the expected.

Also, don't think for a second that bumping to another crew means you get to keep your same job. Here at LAP, yes, you may be able to bump to another shift... The asterisk in all of that is that you DO NOT necessarily get to keep your same job - you go to available work. I guess that's how the company wants it from now on... don't quote me on that though.

C-Crew SUCKS. After 14 months of it, all I can say is this... If you want a shift like that, then more power to you. Otherwise, be prepared. Your body will most likely not get used to it and your record will suffer because of it (speaking from personal experience).

Edited by qwertyuiop
  • Like 2

All the text messaging and phone calls with the need to talk with any human being about the "A" crew, "B" crew and the answer to Fords need for cheap labor the "C" crew are jamming all the cell phone band width around CAP....

Some here at CAP are starting to see the crap hitting the fan, I refer to the "3 crew" part of the AWS and all the other opitions under this AWS crap.

Now dont get me wrong there are those that really want to work "4" days a week. Also there are those that want to work "4" on "3" off or "5" on "20" off or what ever is going on in the Trades....

Then "Reality" !!!!!

Well, "4" days a week.... mabye not. Mandatory Overtime, yep 5 days a week. Some of the text messaging involved such questions as, What the hell you mean they can make me (A Crew) come in on Sunday at 6 freckin A...M..???

Look at it like this, what did you really do on the Sunday in between Saturday and a Monday holiday like Memorial Day? Hell the holiday is really Monday anyway.

"4" day work schedule yep sounds great. What happens when your work schedule includes let say, a Friday and a Monday? Some other text messages were... How the hell can they make me (C Crew) work NATIONAL HOLIDAYS that falls on Monday or Friday!!!!??? and the phone call that really had a slam of reality.... What do you mean your not sure I can convert my HOLIDAY PAY if I work the HOLIDAY!!!!??

Then the text and phone calls on the topic of "I like the schedule I have now". (starting at 2pm, the current "C Shift") "how do I go about declining my bid for C Crew?"...

Then there are the assumptions... Hell, I`ll just bump off this dam "C Crew" now that I have the classification anyway...?? The other assumption... Sunday will be Double Time??? Well, yes if the A Crew and the C Crew work Friday and Saturday together, side by side, then when the A Crew works Sunday it will be DOUBLE TIME!!!! And yes if the B Crew and the C Crew work together, side by side Monday and works Saturday ( if its mandatory), then when the B Crew works Sunday side by side with the C Crew, it will be DOUBLE TIME!!!! Sunday double time really????

One thing for sure, I keep hearing "We didn`t vote for this CRAP!!!" Well, the reality is here. Hang in there CAP. We will see how the Trim and Chassis department do Monday. I feel for those untrained, unknowing young members that just finished their training classes last Friday.

As for the Salaried Crew..... get that deer in the head lights look off your faces its.... REALITY... right there in front of you. Now get those numbers!!!

Decker

1 of the 1788

You make no sense, I had to stop reading , I'm not sure you know what you were typing

Coming from a member of this forum that seems to know and make complete sence of everything and every posts topic. I can only thank you for putting me into that ever growing number of members that have been graced with your complete understanding of everything.

Would Candy Cane PHD., suggest some form of continuing education? On my part?

Hey, CC you going for some kind of responce record? Pull up BON and all you see is "Candy Cane"..... good luck, I don`t know what the prize is but, dam your well on your way.

The new format is going to take a little time to get use too. I for one, while not making any sence, want to have proper spelling of my Jibberish...(Americanized Yiddish) Where is the spell check?

Decker

1 of the 1788

Decker

1 of the 1788

LOL! now that was f**kin' funny!!! andelay vato!!! :banmolest:

• Like 1

Coming from a member of this forum that seems to know and make complete sence of everything and every posts topic. I can only thank you for putting me into that ever growing number of members that have been graced with your complete understanding of everything.

Would Candy Cane PHD., suggest some form of continuing education? On my part?

Hey, CC you going for some kind of responce record? Pull up BON and all you see is "Candy Cane"..... good luck, I don`t know what the prize is but, dam your well on your way.

The new format is going to take a little time to get use too. I for one, while not making any sence, want to have proper spelling of my Jibberish...(Americanized Yiddish) Where is the spell check?

Decker

1 of the 1788

Now that you mention it...the spell check does seem to be MIA...I can help a little on the new format though. When you want to reply to a poster...click the quote button in the far right lower corner.

• Like 1

Now that you mention it...the spell check does seem to be MIA...I can help a little on the new format though. When you want to reply to a poster...click the quote button in the far right lower corner.

Thanks Pulse

• Like 1

CAP should be thankful they could have closed and Atlanta stayed open.

Yep, we are thankful.... and after hearing it over and over from this IUAW Rep and that IUAW Rep we all sing it in unison now... "Yes, we are thankful to have a Jaa-Ohh-Bee" but, it dosent make the contract and its loop holes go down any easier..... :mellow:

Yep, we are thankful.... and after hearing it over and over from this IUAW Rep and that IUAW Rep we all sing it in unison now... "Yes, we are thankful to have a Jaa-Ohh-Bee" but, it dosent make the contract and its loop holes go down any easier..... :mellow:

Why Ford would not want to build vehicles in

Sunny ATL is a mystery.. Chicago is too expensive to do business and live .

Ford closed all the good plants

Why Ford would not want to build vehicles in

Sunny ATL is a mystery.. Chicago is too expensive to do business and live .

Ford closed all the good plants

Simple economics. Cost to ship parts to & from those stand alone plants is one of the main reasons they closed.

Edited by taurus10
  • Like 1

AWS schedules are here to stay and will only become more onerous unless the IUAW stands up for its members.Anything over 8 hours should pay a 150%premium;every hour worked on a Saturday or Sunday should pay 150% or 200% premium.Company paid holidays should be holidays-period.The union was formed in order to establish an 8 hour work day along with voluntary weekends.

• Like 1

This is what I dont understand. We (CAP) are going to 3 full shifts of production. With all those extra cars rolling off the line why do we have to do "super days"?? I thought the purpose of adding a shift, crew, work release program or whatever you want to call it was to get rid of overtime and to get more cars out the door. With the UAW singing the praises of "you will have one more day off to spend with your family on the 3 crew schedule" as a major selling point of this bs to all of us. I am so fucking tired of them playing with my life..I am blessed to have a job dont get me wrong..but the constant revolving door of bullshit we have to go through day in and day out is rediculous. SUPER DAYS shouldnt be allowed to happen period!!

You should feel blessed your product is selling and they need 3 crews and super days!

Ford has always played games it did not just start, so it might be time for you to quit since it bothers you.

Don't bring the people around you down when they are truly blessed to have a job, you say you are but in next sentence bitch.

Go to labor and sign for a buyout and then you will be at peace!

You should feel blessed your product is selling and they need 3 crews and super days!

Ford has always played games it did not just start, so it might be time for you to quit since it bothers you.

Don't bring the people around you down when they are truly blessed to have a job, you say you are but in next sentence bitch.

"Ford has always played games" well, I guess you can call it that. Ford is in business to do one thing and only one thing.... Show a Profit. Yes Ford has become very good at one thing over the last 70 or 80 years and that is, controling the business (IUAW) that Ford purchases all its labor from.

70 to 80 years ago a group of people stood together and fought for a number of things the laborer`s at the different plants in Detroit needed to become safe on the job, have a life outside of the plant, provide for their families on a middle class level and the right of choice. The group of people became the IUAW a very trusted organization. (then) The labor organization fought and won the right to work in a safe environment, wages that grew to help build the American middle class and this family orientated organization fought and fought for the right of choice when it came to overtime. If Ford needed to buy extra labor, the organization (not a business partner) made it clear that the time after the first eight hours in any day and after the fifth day of any work schedule would be purchased at a premium.

What the HELL happened to the IUAW....??

My opinion and only my opinion. I can think of two situations that may have been the writing on the wall.

First, Henry fought the UAW and stated on many occasions he would never have the Union in his buildings. Ford was the last to be organized. Then Henry released a statement, "I will control the union by doing as I do with all other business partners", "I will give the elected union officials Executive Privilege".

Like most business partners the union officials come and go without any concern of the time clock. Office space, phone privileges, company supplies and in some buildings free meals. Now today stop and think of some of these business partner benefits. Why you may wonder, is the "word" so often mentioned when Ford and the IUAW Ford Department are working together on just about anything? The word is Relationship.... Yep, good Business Relationships produce successful, rewarding and profitable business.... For the business PARTNERS.

The second situation, does anyone really think that the Reuthers or any other leaders in our Labor Organization, would have ever imagined how their organization would be transform in to a large business entity. Sitting on the Board of Directors of one of The Big Three, becoming part owners of Chrysler LLC, controling over a Billion Dollars in assets, control and adminiester multi Billion Dollar insurance corperation.(VEBA) (a second attempt but, first in the Auto Indust.)

Once again, my opinion. I believe my Union was taught very well by a business genius (Ford Motor Co.) and over the years has become a very ruthless business partner. Ford is buying and the IUAW is selling what they need to reach Fords one and only reason for existence. Profit.

How things have come full circle. The only difference from way back then, the Reuthers only had the company to contend with. We on the other hand have a multi billion dollar vender to contend with and the venders business partner, Ford Motor Co.

Ok, bring on the go and quit shit, CC. As far as bringing anyone down, really??? have you talked with any Trades members that have had their schedules change two or three times in the last month? Or maybe walk through the Trim or Chassis Department lately? Maybe take a walk through Pre-Delivery where starting times are a topic of discussion everyday? That look on so many faces is as down as I`ve seen since we went to one shift.

CandyCane in all due respect, a "downer" is watching members that have to do whatever Ford wants (even if it makes NO sence) and their business partner doing very little to support the membership to their right of choose. Do you know any members that have had to choose between the Little League Game, Dad`s weekend or an R&W because Saturday`s are manditory?

Edited by Decker
  • Like 3

"Ford has always played games" well, I guess you can call it that. Ford is in business to do one thing and only one thing.... Show a Profit. Yes Ford has become very good at one thing over the last 70 or 80 years and that is, controling the business (IUAW) that Ford purchases all its labor from.

70 to 80 years ago a group of people stood together and fought for a number of things the laborer`s at the different plants in Detroit needed to become safe on the job, have a life outside of the plant, provide for their families on a middle class level and the right of choice. The group of people became the IUAW a very trusted organization. (then) The labor organization fought and won the right to work in a safe environment, wages that grew to help build the American middle class and this family orientated organization fought and fought for the right of choice when it came to overtime. If Ford needed to buy extra labor, the organization (not a business partner) made it clear that the time after the first eight hours in any day and after the fifth day of any work schedule would be purchased at a premium.

My opinion and only my opinion. I can think of two situations that may have been the writing on the wall.

First, Henry fought the UAW and stated on many occasions he would never have the Union in his buildings. Ford was the last to be organized. Then Henry released a statement, "I will control the union by doing as I do with all other business partners", "I will give the elected union officials Executive Privilege".

Like most business partners the union officials come and go without any concern of the time clock. Office space, phone privileges, company supplies and in some buildings free meals. Now today stop and think of some of these business partner benefits. Why you may wonder, is the "word" so often mentioned when Ford and the IUAW Ford Department are working together on just about anything? The word is Relationship.... Yep, good Business Relationships produce successful, rewarding and profitable business.... For the business PARTNERS.

The second situation, does anyone really think that the Reuthers or any other leaders in our Labor Organization, would have ever imagined how their organization would be transform in to a large business entity. Sitting on the Board of Directors of one of The Big Three, becoming part owners of Chrysler LLC, controling over a Billion Dollars in assets, control and adminiester multi Billion Dollar insurance corperation.(VEBA) (a second attempt but, first in the Auto Indust.)

Once again, my opinion. I believe my Union was taught very well by a business genius (Ford Motor Co.) and over the years has become a very ruthless business partner. Ford is buying and the IUAW is selling what they need to reach Fords one and only reason for existence. Profit.

How things have come full circle. The only difference from way back then, the Reuthers only had the company to contend with. We on the other hand have a multi billion dollar vender to contend with and the venders business partner, Ford Motor Co.

Ok, bring on the go and quit shit, CC. As far as bringing anyone down, really??? have you talked with any Trades members that have had their schedules change two or three times in the last month? Or maybe walk through the Trim or Chassis Department lately? Maybe take a walk through Pre-Delivery where starting times are a topic of discussion everyday? That look on so many faces is as down as I`ve seen since we went to one shift.

CandyCane in all due respect, a "downer" is watching members that have to do whatever Ford wants (even if it makes NO sence) and their business partner doing very little to support the membership to their right of choose. Do you know any members that have had to choose between the Little League Game, Dad`s weekend or an R&W because Saturday`s are manditory?

Excellent post !!!

Thank you, best post I have read in a long time, very logical thought process. The local would be a lot better off if you were in a leadership position. Blue Oval would be a lot better read with more posts like this instead of the childs talk.

Do you guys send the police vehicles out to be made into police cars or do you dress them up in house ?

Yep, we push the police units through our process then send them down the street for dress out. We haven`t worked all the bugs out of this type of process so, these units do come back to our plant for this or that then back down the street. We are seeing some paint application issuses, this to will make for the boomerrang symptom.....

I can only hope we get close to the process that our sisters and brothers in Canada had in place, on the best police interceptors made.

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 1

Excellent post !!!

Great post

Thank you, best post I have read in a long time, very logical thought process. The local would be a lot better off if you were in a leadership position. Blue Oval would be a lot better read with more posts like this instead of the childs talk.

Thanks, CandyCane, Smokey paw and XSTAP.

The Big Business, Labor Agency we call "Our Union" is really moving further and further away from its beginings. The questions of "why" they do this or that seem to be asked by an ever growing number of its members.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

Judging by your inability to use the English language, you, CC, are the one that is "truly blessed" to have a job! Everyone has had the chance to move to CAP. They hired off the street because they did not get enough volunteers. The 3 crew AWS sucks!!! Our union sold us out. It seems that we at CSP and CAP were the only ones smart enough to vote no on this bullshit contract.

• Like 1