Ford's New "Go Further" Ad Campaign Ramping Up With Good Response

I liked the ad. I am not surprized it was effective with non-Ford owners. Ford is making great progress with the new Fiesta, Focus and I'm sure the Fusion will be a home run. Ford came back in the '80s with great cars like the Taurus and T-Bird after the disasterous '70s. They can do it again with truly great cars.

A lot of people I know didn't even realize the vehicles in there were Fords when the ad first started. It really was a great idea about removing the blue oval the first week to get people to focus only on the cars and not the badge.

My uncle was talking to me about wanting to get the new Fusion when it comes out, and he has always been a strict imports-only guy. He was equally surprised when I told him I've aready ordered the Focus ST.

• Like 3

A lot of people I know didn't even realize the vehicles in there were Fords when the ad first started. It really was a great idea about removing the blue oval the first week to get people to focus only on the cars and not the badge.

My uncle was talking to me about wanting to get the new Fusion when it comes out, and he has always been a strict imports-only guy. He was equally surprised when I told him I've aready ordered the Focus ST.

Congrats on the Focus and welcome to the forum. When are you scheduled to take delivery?

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the Focus and welcome to the forum. When are you scheduled to take delivery?

Thanks! Not sure yet as the car hasn't gotten a VIN or been scheduled. Production I heard was starting sometime mid-June and Ford is saying late summer/early fall delivery, likely sometime in September.

Going to be a long wait, am looking forward to replacing the old econobox with something a little (a lot) more fun.

Still seeing this ad campain on from time to time. It is actually one of my favorite car commercials. No loud shouty guy, no gimmicks, just great cars.

Edited by agr964

I like the idea too. Tell you the truth, I knew Ford, so when the first commercial came out, I could tell they are Ford's new vehicles. But I was actually not realizing the logos were missing.....

Until I read it here in the forum!

Ford did it before with the 2010? Taurus. They put a no logo Taurus at the auto shows and filmed peoples' reactions. Positive reactions, and posted them on the internet.