FoundlingOfDollar, have you looked into the "Shipping ETA - TBD" topic on this same forum?

Long thread, but the gist of it seems to be a lot of early built units are being held back (or even being shipped first to another Ford facility).

Due to some "quality control" issues.

Maybe yours is in that lot, which would be consistent with what ou are hearing from your dealer.

Talked to my dealer today, he claims that Ford is telling him that there is a backorder on some parts required for our Fusion Hybrid and he currently has no estimated delivery date. Since it is now November if I were to see one pop up at another dealership I can have my deposit refunded and go pick one up off the lot, but so far I have not seen any 2013 hybrids on the lot, just the conventional gas only 2013 Fusions.

No hybrids because of backorder FOR THAT TRIM NOW TOO?...jesus christ ford..what the hell is going on... backorder on auto start/stop for the gas model.....internal recall due to quality control issues... backorder for the fusion hybrid... no sure word on the titanium hybrid or energi's production start/sell date...people not knowing when their vehicles ordered way back to the middle of this year will show up...this is turning into the biggest new car release fiasco i've ever been apart of...and the worst part is the american public is none-the-wiser...orders coming in to ford for vehicles they have no idea when will be created or shipped out..just the promise of 8-12 weeks...well that time is up for thousands of people across america who have ordered many months ago...that time is up for many americans across america who now have no idea when their vehicle will either be created or delivered...this is just turning pathetic.

how many other car manufacturers are this hard to order from and get what you purchased? On a much more sarcastic tone it may be better to either get another car (as some people are already thinking) or the 2013 Fusion will be sold as the 2014 Fusion by the time it's ready and people can get it.

I just don't know what's going on..you're a multibillion dollar company...how are you unprepared for the biggest launch ever? Not enough parts? Not enough quality? Stop showing amazing images and videos of a vehicle you're unprepared to sell...you're just pissing people off...this car doesn't sound like it's ready to be released at ALL...and with all of these problems god save anyone looking to get an energi in early 2013 as that's when the normal trims will finally be pushing out again.

Most of this is just speculation about what is or isn't wrong. Ford is pushing hard to build and launch more new vehicles than ever before in a shorter timeframe. They're also pushing suppliers. They're having problems. They know they're having problems. It's better that they get these problems fixed before the vehicles get delivered to customers if possible. It's better to delay the launch than to just ship out defective vehicles and ignore the problem.

Why would they tell the public including their competition exactly what problems they're having? The majority of these problems only affect dealer stock so it just takes longer for vehicles to arrive at dealerships. Only a few retail orders are affected. It sucks for those that are affected but it's not the end of the world either.

• Like 1

...and the worst part is the american public is none-the-wiser...

One of the pitfalls of getting too much info on how the sausage is made, most people place their order and go about their lives, then when the dealer calls they are happy and go get their new car. Seems like this type of thing may be more common in new models launches than most manufacturers of any stripe would want the public to realize, who knows.

Edited by jeff_h

No hybrids because of backorder FOR THAT TRIM NOW TOO?...jesus christ ford..what the hell is going on... backorder on auto start/stop for the gas model.....internal recall due to quality control issues... backorder for the fusion hybrid... no sure word on the titanium hybrid or energi's production start/sell date...people not knowing when their vehicles ordered way back to the middle of this year will show up...this is turning into the biggest new car release fiasco i've ever been apart of...and the worst part is the american public is none-the-wiser...orders coming in to ford for vehicles they have no idea when will be created or shipped out..just the promise of 8-12 weeks...well that time is up for thousands of people across america who have ordered many months ago...that time is up for many americans across america who now have no idea when their vehicle will either be created or delivered...this is just turning pathetic.

how many other car manufacturers are this hard to order from and get what you purchased? On a much more sarcastic tone it may be better to either get another car (as some people are already thinking) or the 2013 Fusion will be sold as the 2014 Fusion by the time it's ready and people can get it.

I just don't know what's going on..you're a multibillion dollar company...how are you unprepared for the biggest launch ever? Not enough parts? Not enough quality? Stop showing amazing images and videos of a vehicle you're unprepared to sell...you're just pissing people off...this car doesn't sound like it's ready to be released at ALL...and with all of these problems god save anyone looking to get an energi in early 2013 as that's when the normal trims will finally be pushing out again.

If people stopped believing everything they hear (like frame recalls, etc.) and realize that this does indeed happen alot more than we think (seems like every time I pre-order a new model something like this happens).

Either live with it or go order a Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai or Kia off the dealers lot. I ordered my car 6/4/12. If I don't like it I will do something else. Don't sit here & cry & rant & rave everytime someone posts a suspected rumor.

• Like 4

If people stopped believing everything they hear (like frame recalls, etc.) and realize that this does indeed happen alot more than we think (seems like every time I pre-order a new model something like this happens).

Either live with it or go order a Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai or Kia off the dealers lot. I ordered my car 6/4/12. If I don't like it I will do something else. Don't sit here & cry & rant & rave everytime someone posts a suspected rumor.

Lol, of course I'm living with it. I don't care what's wrong with this car, I'm paying for mine in cold hard cash and I'm someone who can afford a car well above this one...AND i'm fresh out of high school lol. I don't care if the car came with rats in the gas tank I'm not canceling my order. It's a good car to me in style and technology. I honestly don't care about safety, number of airbags, steel strength (guess I'm young and naive). But still..doesn't stop me from speaking out for all those who are frustrated. This is a brand new car turning out to have more problems then Ford would ever publicly admit that's all. But it seems people like you in this forum are good to just pretend everything they hear that's wrong with the Fusion doesn't exist until a national recall is actually announced saying brakes don't work..then people will start believing stuff...until then there's nothing wrong with the fusion right? No tail light differences...no headlight problems... no misaligned trunks even though pictures show it...no...of course not...this car's amazing because you ordered it.

Oh and another thing Scotty, the whole frame recall thing wasn't a rumor, it was a Veteran's Day joke I created..Guess you didn't get the "JUST KIDDING" at the top of the post so that was a poor example. You should have went with rumors such as ford shipping all new fusions to Michigan for quality reassurance or the titanium being the only vehicle with full wrap-around LED tail lights...oh wait...those aren't rumors..Nonetheless glad to see you referenced something from a post I created! I'm glad you ordered your car in June and still haven't gotten it yet. Makes the rest of us feel much better about getting ours in a timely manner. With the amount of time you've been waiting rumor is you'll be getting your car before December 31st...

Edited by DarkeRetribution

This is a real suprise... not! "AND i'm fresh out of high school lol."

That's why I just try to ignore most of his rants except when there is misinformation involved. Having raised 2 teenagers I realize that he's always right and everyone else is always wrong and you'll never convince him otherwise.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what Ford's social networking customer relations rep "Natasha @ Ford" has to say:

Hi Jordan!

Your Fusion has a VIN, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It’s currently awaiting shipment while we do quality checks and inspections. Please know, we aim to deliver as quickly as possible; we want you to have it almost as bad as you do. The status date was updated recently, which means it’s had a bit of movement in the right direction! Check back with me next week and I’ll look for the latest news.

~Natasha

I love the phrasing "it's currently awaiting shipment while..." I mean, that could be "It's currently awaiting shipment while we design, prototype, tool up, build, and test it". If it didn't look so good and if the previous FFHs weren't way nicer to drive than a Prius I would have just pulled this order by now.

Oh, cool. An actual troll on the board. I haven't seen a decent troll since USENET went all spammy. Now that we know what's going on it should be easier to ignore.

It's terribly frustrating that so many of us have to wait. At least with my order I have known all along that the wait time would be long. I feel bad for those of you whose orders are in the black hole. Hope mine doesn't end up in its own black hole, but you never know.

• Like 1