Interior Color Choices

fmarra2009

Does anyone have any idea why a black interior is the only choice you have when purchasing any Titanium model in the Ford line up, not just the new Fusion?? I can't believe we don't have a choice of colors when purchasing the "top of the line" model. I live in Florida where you try to stay away from black because of the heat. And choice of colors are very limited when you do get a choice......very opposite of what GM is offering.

I remember back in the 80s when cars came in many more interior colors. Our gold car had a matching gold interior. My grandparents had the same car in blue and it had a blue interior. Both grandparents also owned white cars and one side's had a burgundy interior and the other side's was navy blue. Today, it seems like all cars have black, gray, or tan interiors.

Only black is pretty sad. I took their on-line survey in the fusion site, and blasted the lack of options. In Arizona (me) and all across the sun-belt, people like the option for heat reasons. But I'd bet even in Alaska they would like the option.

P.S. My white '94 Mustang convertible has a red interior.

The Fusions they had on display at NAIAS 2012 had some unique looking interior colors. I can't remember exactly what they were (I think one might have been red), but they looked exciting and weren't just your typical black, gray, or tan. I was hoping to see these make it to the production versions, but unfortunately it looks like it was all for show.

The Fusions they had on display at NAIAS 2012 had some unique looking interior colors. I can't remember exactly what they were (I think one might have been red), but they looked exciting and weren't just your typical black, gray, or tan. I was hoping to see these make it to the production versions, but unfortunately it looks like it was all for show.

I didn't know that^ :thumbup:

&

patience canstock0695151.jpgs

(not you , Timf ;))

I remember NAIAS showing the ginger interior color on the PREVIOUS year's Fusion that didn't offer that - iirc BORG had pix - think is was the 2010 NAIAS

imho they'll have other colors, if not nec. at Job1/intro

The temp article was very interesting ....................... but I guess my point was on interiors, if you're going to purchase the "premium" model, give the customer a choice of colors.....doesn't have to be many but something other than black. If you buying a base model, then I could understand the reasoning to offer only 1 color without a choice. It just doesn't make sense to me and I think it's going to hurt sales.

Couple things....

First off the options shown on the build site are just teasers/testing....I also found it weird that you can have a choice with the SE models vs the Ti models.

Another reason why there aren't multiple colored interiors any more...it drives up build costs due to the complexity of building different options etc....the more options you have, the more complex the car is and thus more expensive to produce. Thus why we've seen a marked decrease in options on a car and more packages. Blame the Japanese for this if you want...