Fusion Coupe?

QUOTE(matthewq4b @ Jul 28 2006, 11:09 PM)

A Fusion Coupe is just not a good idea. It is some that is needed Ford has been lacking product in that segement for years.

Yes it is not just a good idea but a must if Ford wants to start capturing other buyers.

Matthew

Hey...you might want to re-write your post. I can't figure out if you think it is a good idea or a bad idea with the way have you have it written right now...

Oh and I agree a Fusion Coupe is a great idea! Ford are you listening? Get this model into production and fast!

If I read it right, a Fusion coupe is a crap idea, but a necessary filler vehicle to get some more sales.

Edited by Roadrunner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I read it right, a Fusion coupe is a crap idea, but a necessary filler vehicle to get some more sales.

Pretty much covers it. Ya it will be a of waste resourses will never generate big sales. But it will generate interest and caputre buyers that will eventually move up in to other Fords. The young professional female will buy it. If it is a decent car then the replacement when the family comes along likly will be anouther Ford product. And that is how you build loyal life time buyers.

This is how Toyo and Honda have built a solid sedan market. Think of all those 2 door civies and yoto counter parts they sold to young women in the early and mid ninties. Well now they are buying yota honda suvs mininvans and sedans. We all know how much influance women have in the new car buying decision in a modern family.

Got to get them at the start. And sorry the 500 the Panthers the trucks the 4 door fusion. And the ancient entry leval Focus are not going to do it. Yes the mustang does but generally the women I see driveing them are not young but established with older kids (teenagers) Or perminantly single proffesionals.

The fusion coupe is a nessesary. It in it's self may not add to the bottom line in any signifigant amount but the future sales it should generate will.

These cars have to be well built as used cars they will end up one step further down the ladder to young women just finishing high school or starting university or college. If is not a POS again chances are when it comes time for a new car it will be a Ford. Ford has to think long term, recovery is not going to happen over night, it is going to take years.

The Japs and yota especially were working on a genrational time line for domination of the industry.

Again this is the japs looking at the next quarter century and not the next fiscal quarter as NA manufactures have been doing and are still doing .

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

Latest Motor trend arrived yesterday - they do a spread on Ford which mentions (and shows a photo of) the upcoming Fusion coupe. They actually seem pretty up on Ford's current and upcoming offerings. Also, a coupe of pages later, they attack Toyota's green credentials, mentioning all the trucks and SUVs (a bone for you media conspiracy theorists).

Latest Motor trend arrived yesterday - they do a spread on Ford which mentions (and shows a photo of) the upcoming Fusion coupe. They actually seem pretty up on Ford's current and upcoming offerings. Also, a coupe of pages later, they attack Toyota's green credentials, mentioning all the trucks and SUVs (a bone for you media conspiracy theorists).

could you scan it please?

Igor

Really? I think that's one of GM's best-looking vehicles right now. Guess it's all subjective. I think the sedan is boring but the coupe looks great to me.

It looks great from the front and sides, but the back really bothers me. If you see a G6 coupe at a dealership, you'll definitely notice that the back has a quasi-boat tail. It was not aesthetically pleasing to me. To each their own, I guess.

And you're right, the sedan is very pedestrian on the outside. I would have considered buying a G6 over a Fusion if it were not so pedestrian (and if I could see around the G6's huge headrest setup for its seats).

A Fusion 2 door hardtop would be an excellent idea, especially with the 3.5 liter engine. For an analogy think of the '63 1/2 Falcon Sprint.

I think that there would be little cannibalism from the Mustang.

No, I'm definitely sure that there won't be much cannibalism -- especially if the Fusion keeps the 2.3 I4 and 3.0 V6. Those engines definitely don't make the power a Mustang can.

Good point, and during many of those years, the Mustang survived while there was a T-bird available, a Ford Probe. All relatively around the same price range, different configurations and demographics. Obviously, the coupe segment has dwindled since

But again, as long as it's economically feasable, it works.