Why is DTP so MESSed Up

MILANCMM

I am just wondering Why is DTP so Messed up

we have shift Managers ,Superintendants, and Supervisors Constantly Loading the shipping pad with units,

supervisors and superintendants are always doing hourly jobs, AND THIS IS OK WITH OUR UNION. THEY (the UNION) will TELL you, no I don't want to write him up for working that is something I can use agasnist that ( Supervisor, Superintendant) to keep someone from getting fired because they did not come to work the previous day.

IN THIS DAY AND AGE IF SOMEONE DOSE NOT COME TO WORK HE SHOULD HAVE A REAL GOOD REASON FOR NOT COMMING TO WORK. I VALUE MY JOB AND UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE THAT HaVE SOME PERSONAL ( FAMILY ISSUES OR MEDICAL ISSUES. But isn't that what FMLA's are for.

Wow wht a union

it is bad enough that there are not any work rules at this place But this UNION IS A BIG JOKE.

Lets let the manager work at cutting horly jobs on the line so that all the jobs are all loaded to the max, If I guy misses one bolt, or one little clip they ( the union) will say ok he missed the clip LETS WRITE HIM UP WE WILL SHOW THE MEMBERSHIP WHO WE ACTUALLY WORK FOR.

GOD FORBID THAT HIS JOB ISN'T TOO OVERLOADED!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL THEY ARE SO WORRIED ABOUT ME SIGNING SOMETHING FOR COLLECTIVE BARGINING RIGHTS. ( IS THIS SO THEY WON'T LOSE THEIR ELECTED OR APPOINTED JOBS IN THE PLANT! ) , BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN FOR THE UNION TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU

YOU MIGHT AS WELL BUY A POWER BALL TICKET , YOUR ODDS ARE JUST ABOUT THE SAME

10,000,000,000:1 the company always wins

thank god for LOCAL 600

PS YOU WOULD THINK IF Walter Ruther was still around would this be happining

HELL HARRY BENNETT WOULD BE JUMPING FOR JOY WITH THIS PLACE

All while the remaining 99% of us come to work do our jobs to the highest quality everyday. Sorry for your thoughts on DTP but I like my job as well as the entire team. We are greatful for our great pay, benifits, medical and dental for our families.

Sorry but you are not speaking for the 99%

You will rarely,if ever,get any support from your fellow workers at DTP.Yes,I am grateful to have a job as much as anybody but maybe the guy has a legitimate complaint.Isnt that the direction we all want to go,making it better for hourly workers?

All while the remaining 99% of us come to work do our jobs to the highest quality everyday. Sorry for your thoughts on DTP but I like my job as well as the entire team. We are greatful for our great pay, benifits, medical and dental for our families.

We have a kiss ass! I bet you rat your fellow union brothers and sisters out if they do wrong !

I bet if the supervisor needs to write somebody up they come to you and ask who it should be!

Well keep thinking DTP is great , one day your supervisor that you do favors for is gonna turn on you , let's see how you feel then!

• Like 1

I rarely see managment working (I work on days Chassis 6/7 relief), I would love to see one working and would write them up in an instant if I saw it.

As for FMLAs, now this is a crap shoot. I know people who abuse them weekly and screw over the rest of the team. I have a headache, I am going home. Amazingly my kid gets sick at school every thursday, i am going home. It's supposed to be 90 degrees today?? Screw that I am going home via fmla.

If i get a headache, i take an asprin, If i want a thursday off, i use personal time, If it is gonna be a hot day I dress accordingly and stay hydrated, if my kid is feeling under the weather I have a back up plan so I do not have to miss work.

• Like 1

I rarely see managment working (I work on days Chassis 6/7 relief), I would love to see one working and would write them up in an instant if I saw it.

As for FMLAs, now this is a crap shoot. I know people who abuse them weekly and screw over the rest of the team. I have a headache, I am going home. Amazingly my kid gets sick at school every thursday, i am going home. It's supposed to be 90 degrees today?? Screw that I am going home via fmla.

If i get a headache, i take an asprin, If i want a thursday off, i use personal time, If it is gonna be a hot day I dress accordingly and stay hydrated, if my kid is feeling under the weather I have a back up plan so I do not have to miss work.

I was loaned out to DTP for 11 months.. I worked at the start of the engine line and saw frequently supervisors running jobs. I was blown away by this when I started there and was told by workers that it was common practice.. I would have loved to have written them up if I ever saw a union rep and when I did was told I'll get back to you and never see them again..

really people the Union at DTP is a total joke.

The only thing about that place I liked was the people that worked on my team.. great bunch all around.

Edited by oogravyoo
  • Like 1

Sorry louie, but while he's not speaking for the 99% he sure as hell isnt the 1% either. Everyone is greatful for their pay, benefits etc. but that doesnt mean everyone should just shut the fuck up and take whatever shit is thrown at them. why the hell have a union if you're just going to say nothing when the company bends you over.. and they do it to you too, dont think your special because you come to work everyday and do your job.

Louie is a sheep and the union has him herded up like they like. Its true the union there is weak. Nick says that international dosent like him. Wrong they love him cause hes a used car salesman selling local 600 their shit no questions asked! Jobs are overloaded no doubt , but why are we the membership voting these clowns in? I say clean house of nick and the rest of local 600 dtp union.No help from them so fuck them lets vote all these guys out ! f150 is the best seller ford has and we didnt get shit on our last local agreement.Shitty coolers for perfect attendance! If international wants to get membership up we should hire more workers at dtp so management can concentrate on doing their own jobs.

Call me what you want. I have an opinion like everyone else. I dont take shit, or eat shit or bend over as you say. I have no problem resolving issues on my own. If I need the union then its something legitimate that I cant fix on my own. Nobody has me herded. I am on a good team with a good group of members. I like my job and have nowhere near the problems that these name callers have.

Sorry if my opinion doesn't line up with the 1%.

I worked at DTP fo nearly 2 years. Last job I had was on the Cal Line. Great group of people over there on Days...HOWEVER...I gotta agree with the original poster. DTP has NO Union. Nick K. is a total idiot, and has no real idea of what it takes to be a REAL chairman. Getting the Union out to help with a problem was difficult at the best of times. Getting a grievance filed for anything was nearly impossible. Overtime equalization was over 600 hours off, a month after zeroing out, and Union did nothing. I had to fight my own battle to get out of that place, when it should have been an automatic thing based on my senority when they asked for people to return to my home plant. Took me over 3 months to get it done, cause the union didn;t do anything to help. Nick told me...SORRY...NOTHING I CAN DO! He is a JOKE.

I watched fo the two years I was there...Saw Supevision doing hourly work more times than I could count. Every area I worked in, had some really good members working the line, with very few exceptions. But Manegement SUCKED. what a bunch of backstabbing morons. Saw alot of ass kissers trying to "Help" supervision...and each time, I saw it come back and bite them in the ass.

The very best day of my 25 year career at ford, was May 13, 2011, My LAST day in that HELLHOLE!

The Best of luck to all of those that have no choice to get out of that place. I wish you well, and all the best.

• Like 1

We are all working longer and harder just in order to keep our precious jobs.Mostly due to 'globalization'The UAW has been beaten down both at the International and the Locals.Job related stress is always a problem.I let others have their say and complain about whatever is buggin them at least let them vent and yes,of course,in a complex,class conscious, society where people compete for that almighty dollar and where the working-class is BORN a debt slave to the banks that own the government and also where healthcare is practiced as heartless, extortion and last but not least 'NOBODY OWES YOU A JOB',,,, but I sure owe.I owe the government taxes and I owe to cover the banks 'reckless lending' losses.So since the working-class,like it or not 'owes',then why doesnt capitalism 'owe' all those willing to work a job?I owe and so do you and your children and your grandchildren.They say that there is an all- loving,compassionate God and God is not a human.I hope so,meantime,I guess ya just gotta always worry and do whatever you are told.Solidarity.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 2

We are all working longer and harder just in order to keep our precious jobs.Mostly due to 'globalization'The UAW has been beaten down both at the International and the Locals.Job related stress is always a problem.I let others have their say and complain about whatever is buggin them at least let them vent and yes,of course,in a complex,class conscious, society where people compete for that almighty dollar and where the working-class is BORN a debt slave to the banks that own the government and also where healthcare is practiced as heartless, extortion and last but not least 'NOBODY OWES YOU A JOB',,,, but I sure owe.I owe the government taxes and I owe to cover the banks 'reckless lending' losses.So since the working-class,like it or not 'owes',then why doesnt capitalism 'owe' all those willing to work a job?I owe and so do you and your children and your grandchildren.They say that there is an all- loving,compassionate God and God is not a human.I hope so,meantime,I guess ya just gotta always worry and do whatever you are told.Solidarity.

Damn good post! We do keep working harder as they hack jobs and close plants. I am so thankfull for my job, but i always thought things were supposed to get better as the years go by, but all these years and all the churning going on from plan to plant, it's just a moral sinking time.All we can do is keep venting, and see what the future hold next! Hang in there!
  • Like 1

I worked at DTP fo nearly 2 years. Last job I had was on the Cal Line. Great group of people over there on Days...HOWEVER...I gotta agree with the original poster. DTP has NO Union. Nick K. is a total idiot, and has no real idea of what it takes to be a REAL chairman. Getting the Union out to help with a problem was difficult at the best of times. Getting a grievance filed for anything was nearly impossible. Overtime equalization was over 600 hours off, a month after zeroing out, and Union did nothing. I had to fight my own battle to get out of that place, when it should have been an automatic thing based on my senority when they asked for people to return to my home plant. Took me over 3 months to get it done, cause the union didn;t do anything to help. Nick told me...SORRY...NOTHING I CAN DO! He is a JOKE.

I watched fo the two years I was there...Saw Supevision doing hourly work more times than I could count. Every area I worked in, had some really good members working the line, with very few exceptions. But Manegement SUCKED. what a bunch of backstabbing morons. Saw alot of ass kissers trying to "Help" supervision...and each time, I saw it come back and bite them in the ass.

The very best day of my 25 year career at ford, was May 13, 2011, My LAST day in that HELLHOLE!

The Best of luck to all of those that have no choice to get out of that place. I wish you well, and all the best.

Glad you got out! You speak the truth. It is absolutley time to clean house.

Typical kiss ass....Same type of person that saw the signing bonus and took the money and ran giving the Union the YES vote they wanted instead of sending them back to the table to get Something better then a Chunk of cash slapped in our faces.. While your out there in your nice driving job the rest of us are doing the manual Labor. With NO union support! Oh wait, we got Smoking Huts! THANKS NICK!

Local is a Joke. the things that go on here would NEVER fly at Rawsonville.

My question is when are you going to get your head outta the companys ass? When is everyone going to wake up!!! FORD is going to POST record gains again this year. and were all suppose to be happy we have a job, and benefits... Guess you didnt read the fine print on the contract you voted in! they CUT legal services they are going to KEEP Cutting every chance they get. at some point we have to say enough is enough unless you want to be like the 2nd tier workers. THATS fords main goal, play stupid till they get us all down to $20an hr and chop all our benefits up..... and Idiots like yourself all the while will be going """ Welp at least we have a job, be happy""" Last time i checked my family and our familys have fought and died for everything we have gained in this Union... Now a bunch of dumb asses come along with the motto BE HAPPY your working and everything is okay! Well Its NOT! and if we dont start fighting back were going to lose everything.

if 600 is so great and want an informed membership where is our NEW local Agreement booklets??? Oh thats right giving us those would allow us to have a VOICE and a EDGE over the Boss and force the Local to do their elected jobs! :club:

• Like 1

Yeahhhh. How's Rawsonville doing with 600 people and all the legacy product loss in the last 4 years...

Cant help that the economy went into the tank..... but at the end of the day no matter how much everyone hated joel, at least he got things done. Unlike DTP. I dont Smoke but the Bus stops they installed are a far cry from the custom built and heated gazebos they had installed at raws. DTP is suppose to be the golden baby of FORD MOTOR co and we get the short end of the stick on everything..and for some dumb reason everyone there is programmed to think its okay how local 600 works... its Not!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow....very weak thinking here louie. We ar all grateful for our jobs/benefits. But that does not mean you cannot disagree with being treated like crap and/or accept whatever Ford Mtr. decides to give us. Have you read the story about Apple corp. and the factory in China? This is what happens when workers cannot negotiate or are just "happy and grateful" to be working. Corporations WILL NEVER, EVER do what is right or fair for the people that make their products(labor). They only worry about profits. Corporations will do whatever they can get away with, whether it be taking advantage of the labor force or dumping toxic waste when nobody is looking. Unless corporations are challenged with doing the right thing or being fair with their workers, they will abuse every law on the books and hope they do not get caught. And when/if they get caught, they will spin it so it appears that it was a big mistake, bad communication, or basically not their fault. Wall street and BP are also good examples of what I have just stated. Read the article about Apple Corp. all the way through. Eventually that is what we will have if American corporations(including the auto sector) go unchecked.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/business/ieconomy-apples-ipad-and-the-human-costs-for-workers-in-china.html?pagewanted=all

Hey RougeWelder, you don't have to go to Apple for an example. If it wasn't for Mrs. Ford, we wouldn't have the UAW. She was responsible for telling the old man to settle. If it was up to the Henry, he would of never settled with the strickers and UAW would have never existed.