2013 Escape Accessories/Mods

transitman

I have a round, 3 3/4 diameter leather coin purse for the loose change. I also purchased a 4" x 6" leather pouch with multiple pockets to keep my leatherman, maglite, iphone USB cable, tire pressure gauge, etc. in. They both obviously fit in the center console and even if its dark I can reach in there and quiclkly identify and pull out what I need.

post-48549-0-53738000-1350835655_thumb.jpg

post-48549-0-49831100-1350835664_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

On the left and right outside black pieces on the lower front facia, above the turn signal lens are two covered access points. The left thread eye hook bolt threads into the threaded holes under the covers. The tow strap is connected to the eye hook instead of something under the car. If attached under the car, the tow strap will raise up as it tightens damaging the lower facia and possibly more, plus the strap is pulling on a point that's designed to handle the stress. The web site states for front or rear but I have not been able to find tow points on the rear bumper, a closer look may find threaded holes under the car. On the Ford Accessory Store web site it's called a Recovery Hook.

A short mention on the tow hook is on page 191 of the Owners Manual.

http://accessories.f...overy-hook.html

Edited by transitman

I guess having the tow package I could get pulled from the rear, if that was my only option. I'm going to look for that attachment thread in the rear of the vehicle. Thanks for the info. BTW how do you remove the panels that cover the front points?

Edited by Escapism

I guess having the tow package I could get pulled from the rear, if that was my only option. I'm going to look for that attachment thread in the rear of the vehicle. Thanks for the info. BTW how do you remove the panels that cover the front points?

I looked under the rear of car with a flashlight and couldn't locate any recovery hook attachment points.

There is a small indent on the facia next to the cover to use a coin, or small screwdriver to pop it open. If I ever need to open them, I'll use a rag to protect the piano black surface.

Transit, that's what I thought you meant as most newer cars have this type of procedure for recovery of the vehicle. So you're saying the car doesn't come with the eye bolt? Both of our Subarus did. WTH Ford?

Do I really need to answer that, you own one, did it come with an eye bolt?

Edited by transitman

Do I really need to answer that, you own one, did it come with an eye bolt?

I haven't looked to be honest. I don't feel like taking the crap out of the back to peek in the spare tire well. I just find it a little surprising that it is not a standard piece of equipment since that is the recommended way to extricate the vehicle. Maybe it is a piece that is standardized and tow operators carry them. I haven't needed a tow truck for a recovery since the early '80s.

I don't think "most newer cars" have a tow hook. Actually it's a ditch extraction hook and it's required in Europe so you can thank the Kuga for that one. Subarus are not your average American market vehicle. My 2000 Lincoln LS had one because it was supposed to be exported to Europe but that's the only other vehicle I know that actually came with a hook from the factory.

According to the OM it's a dealer accessory. Most owners wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

Your pessimism about every tiny little thing that's either wrong or not up to your personal standards is a litle tiresome.

• Like 1

On the left and right outside black pieces on the lower front facia, above the turn signal lens are two covered access points.

http://accessories.f...overy-hook.html

That's odd. I went outside to look and I only have the small removable hatch on the passenger side of the lower facia, not both sides. I can only attribute this to the fact that up there around the great white north folks just can't handle their coors light as well as us Virginians and thus end up in the ditch more often. Can folks confirm this -that down south you only get one access door versus two. And of course I haven't even looked behind it to confirm that I even have a threaded connection point for this elusive tow/recovery hook and strap-on.

PS. confirmed. I do have the monster threaed hole ready to accept the coors light challenge.

Edited by Escapism

Does anyone have any experience with Intro-Tech? I am looking for the most effective windshield sun shade for our Escape's.

Here is a link to what I've found:

http://www.autoanyth...0A5833A0A0.aspx

I had an Intro-Tech screen in my Focus. I'm using it my Escape but it doesn't reach all the way side to side. Thanks for the link, now that it's cooling down, I had forgotten about getting one that fits my Escape. To answer your question, they're good quality and sturdy. With all screens that you roll to store, it curls at the ends.

I was able to order the Digiti-fit floor liners from Weathertech yesterday....the order was accepted so I expect to have them shortly.

cartract, were you able to get liners for the 2nd row as well? When I look at the website, it appears that only the 1st row is available.

On the left and right outside black pieces on the lower front facia, above the turn signal lens are two covered access points. threaded holes under the car.

Can folks chime in about having only one tow point on the front paasenger side like mine or actually having two points, both driver and paasenger side. Just want to see if its a regional difference.