Obama campaign caught in lie....

cal50

What does someone's opinion have to do with his actual fiscal accumen? Nothing. You hate anything labeled Republican or Conservative and you do nothing but look for ways to attack or criticize. Others do the same thing with Liberals and Democrats.

It's turned into a game of college football where your team is right and your team must win so you support everything your team does and you attack everything the other team does. And that goes for both sides.

It serves no purpose other than to prevent us from getting to a common ground and actually solving problems. If the Republicans got off their religious high horse and stopped talking about gay marriage and abortion (which have nothing whatsoever to do with running the country) and the Democrats would stop hating rich people then we might actually be able to have some bipartisan solutions that benefit the country.

I am going to suggest that your premise is flawed and that i don't hate anything at all. Did you figure this out because I don't feel that there is none better than Paul Ryan at the budget and believe him to be about the same as all the rest of them? That hardly seems that I am hating on the right. I haven't offered up liberals as being particularly great at the budget so I'm lost as to what I said in that post that makes it partisan.

There are no superstars in this congress, the past congress nor most likely the upcoming congress as to sound budgetary policy. No one is being anything more than partisan hacks and that includes the Paul Ryan. His budget is nothing more than a starve the beast formula with little actual detail. And a majority of it is only a bait and switch, with cuts to medicare effectively falling on states and individuals to make up which the CBO in it's report, using his staff's numbers, says would make health care cost more not less for everyone.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2011/04/americas_budget

While I don't think I suggested Ryan is a "wonderkid", I do submit he's much more of a straight shooter than most or all.

Right now Obama is suggesting that the deficit will be brought under control by raising taxes by 5% on a very small fraction of the population. Ryan has said this is not mathematically possible and without meaningful entitlement reform we are on a path to insolvency. For that, he's accused of wanting old people to die and the poor to starve.

People need to accept that ignoring the inevitability of the fiscal cliff (as Obama is) doesn't make it go away.

If you recall, Obama promised to address entitlement reform in his first term. What has he done?

Again, that's a partisan view of it. I don't believe he's a straight shooter, I believe he's an ideologue who has taken his Randian views and created a budget plan that is not realistic nor is it even worthy of consideration for those of moderate to left wing thinking. When you read the CBO report on his budget they spell it out distinctly that the final report they got were using the numbers his staff offered and not subject to any analysis by them or others. When independent groups looked at his budget they found simple issues with it, the numbers were unrealistic and arbitrary, health care costs rose as the federal government pushed more of the costs on to the states and private citizens.

Lets be honest, the fact that you like it is rooted in it's theory not it's application. I on the other hand like neither.

I suppose the opinion of the head of Obama's own deficit commission carries no weight with you?

Is he partisan?

Could I get a link to those "independent groups" you mentioned?

Can you present the complete transcripts for Bowles speech not the cut version? It seems that a little bird is saying that the speech your passing around is a bit should we say edited.

Can you present the complete transcripts for Bowles speech not the cut version? It seems that a little bird is saying that the speech your passing around is a bit should we say edited.

If your "little bird" is saying the video is edited to misrepresent what the context of the speech was, he apparently has access to it, so why ask me (and not the bird) for the link?

My question: Did he say something in the (rest of the) speech that was contradictory to the statements presented in the video?

Apparently the Huffington Post doesn't think so. Neither does the DailyKos.

Not everyone on the right thinks so highly of Ryan either:

Paul Ryan’s Fairy-Tale Budget Plan

By DAVID A. STOCKMAN

The Ryan Plan boils down to a fetish for cutting the top marginal income-tax rate for “job creators” — i.e. the superwealthy — to 25 percent and paying for it with an as-yet-undisclosed plan to broaden the tax base. Of the $1 trillion in so-called tax expenditures that the plan would attack, the vast majority would come from slashing popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, 401(k) accounts, state and local taxes, charitable giving and the like, not to mention low rates on capital gains and dividends. The crony capitalists of K Street already own more than enough Republican votes to stop that train before it leaves the station.

In short, Mr. Ryan’s plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. And it couldn’t pass even if Republicans were to take the presidency and both houses of Congress. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan have no plan to take on Wall Street, the Fed, the military-industrial complex, social insurance or the nation’s fiscal calamity and no plan to revive capitalist prosperity — just empty sermons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/opinion/paul-ryans-fairy-tale-budget-plan.html?_r=2

Not everyone on the right thinks so highly of Ryan either:

Paul Ryan’s Fairy-Tale Budget Plan

By DAVID A. STOCKMAN

The Ryan Plan boils down to a fetish for cutting the top marginal income-tax rate for “job creators” — i.e. the superwealthy — to 25 percent and paying for it with an as-yet-undisclosed plan to broaden the tax base. Of the $1 trillion in so-called tax expenditures that the plan would attack, the vast majority would come from slashing popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, 401(k) accounts, state and local taxes, charitable giving and the like, not to mention low rates on capital gains and dividends. The crony capitalists of K Street already own more than enough Republican votes to stop that train before it leaves the station.

In short, Mr. Ryan’s plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. And it couldn’t pass even if Republicans were to take the presidency and both houses of Congress. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan have no plan to take on Wall Street, the Fed, the military-industrial complex, social insurance or the nation’s fiscal calamity and no plan to revive capitalist prosperity — just empty sermons.

http://www.nytimes.c...-plan.html?_r=2

What have the democrats offered the last 4 years that's any better?

• Like 1

There is no point in debating your post. You made stupid generalizations that have no meaning other than as personal attacks. You wish to call people names, just do it and be done, don't couch it like a pussy suggesting we are mentally ill and that there's some clinical premise to what you say.

And there lies the fundamental difference. I just don't post when it gets to that point. You feel the need to dodge and explain yourself. Edited by Versa-Tech