MKZ Build Date

I've only got a VIn # with a 2/4/ start. No window sticker yet. That means late Feb or early March deliver. That seems like 100 years more waiting to me. I'll never pre-order a car again after this.

Just got a start date as well. 2-4-13. Hopefully will be back from vacation to take delivery of the new car but I agree, seems like forever. I wish the Lincoln dealers around here have one or two to test drive. Really new to this pre order thing and it's not looking so good on their end.

The other thing re: receiving emails from Lincoln - whenever I see a chance to sign up for more info I do it.

In 2011, that got me 2 rebates/Lincoln cash for the 2011 MKZ Hybrid. So far this time, there is absolutely no sign of any sort of incentive or customer cash whatever. At least yet, but it should have been out by now if they were going to promote it at launch.

Just got a start date as well. 2-4-13. Hopefully will be back from vacation to take delivery of the new car but I agree, seems like forever. I wish the Lincoln dealers around here have one or two to test drive. Really new to this pre order thing and it's not looking so good on their end.

Hmmm, so far mostly everyone I've heard of with pre-orders has a 2/4 start date. (except for Stankin?) What's up with that? Something seems fishy. First, why wait a month after the "go retail", and second, really start all pre-orders so far on the same day? I don't know about all that. . . .

Edited by xgman

Hmmm, so far mostly everyone I've heard of with pre-orders has a 2/4 start date. (except for Stankin?) What's up with that? Something seems fishy. First, why wait a month after the "go retail", and second, really start all pre-orders so far on the same day? I don't know about all that. . . .

Yea kinda weird. One thing I noticed about my dealer is that it's the largest I've seen in my state as far as inventory. They have over 30 2013 MKZs coming in and over 100 Lincolns alone. Maybe larger dealers get higher priority?

Yea kinda weird. One thing I noticed about my dealer is that it's the largest I've seen in my state as far as inventory. They have over 30 2013 MKZs coming in and over 100 Lincolns alone. Maybe larger dealers get higher priority?

Larger dealers get more allocations.

Have you checked the inventory on Lincoln.com? A few dealers around me have 1 or 2 in stock.

I did, I've check Lincoln.com and check dealers website which said they have in stock. So not true. The sales person said they weren't aware of any 2013 MKZ in stock at all. They said those were in transit. I was going to mention why their website says in stock because I would have driven 2 hours to test drive one. I'm really glad I called to confirmed.

Curious as well. My preorder is a hybrid, is every one else on 2/4/13 a hybrid as well or like Akirby said just a scheduled start date.

The dealer inventory is updated automatically from Ford (the standard Ford inventory website, not a dealer specific website) and it does show vehicles as in stock while they're in transit. I don't like it either since you can't really tell without calling. But the dealership doesn't control it.

Just found this site and I'm also looking forward to owning a MKZ Hybrid. Ordered ours the next day after seeing it in person at the international auto show here in Tampa. Just like some of you, I got the congrats email, VIN, and have a first week of Feb build (2/4/13). I'm hoping for a end of Feb / Mar beginning delivery so pretty excited about that. Our first Lincoln was a 2008 Mark LT; man I miss that truck and wish they would come back again. Anyway, it will be nice to chat with others about it and glad I found this site.

V/r

The dealer inventory is updated automatically from Ford (the standard Ford inventory website, not a dealer specific website) and it does show vehicles as in stock while they're in transit. I don't like it either since you can't really tell without calling. But the dealership doesn't control it.

From what I've noticed, it says "Dealer ordered" when it's in transit. I've confirmed this with a few cars in my area.

From what I've noticed, it says "Dealer ordered" when it's in transit. I've confirmed this with a few cars in my area.

It starts out at Dealer ordered but I'm pretty sure the Dealer Ordered tag disappears after it's shipped but before it arrives at the dealer.

Suffice it to say that just because a vehicle shows in stock that doesn't mean it's actually there. It may not have arrived yet or it may already have sold.

Lincoln field rep called me again yesterday and insisted that NO retail order will be started in most of January, however, it is possible that an existing dealer stock order can be converted to a retail order if the dealer has done so. Probably the case with Stankin's order start quote of Jan 14. January is production of dealer stock. He also told me that not all of the pre-orders will start exactly on Feb 4th. Could be a bit sooner or later as they phase them in, hopefully in order, and priority number. Once the car starts the build they shoot for 18 days to the dealer but often it turns into 4 weeks depending on when the train is loaded and departs. So these 2/4 orders will likely deliver late Feb through early March. They were very apologetic about the earlier lack of communication regarding the delays in the pre-order program and acknowledged there wasn't any great advantage as it sits beyond the obvious. The truth is by March and after, it may be possible to find your exact order, or close, somewhere in dealer stock anyway.

Edited by xgman

Lincoln field rep called me again yesterday and insisted that NO retail order will be started in most of January, however, it is possible that an existing dealer stock order can be converted to a retail order if the dealer has done so. Probably the case with Stankin's order start quote of Jan 14. January is production of dealer stock. He also told me that not all of the pre-orders will start exactly on Feb 4th. Could be a bit sooner or later as they phase them in, hopefully in order, and priority number. Once the car starts the build they shoot for 18 days to the dealer but often it turns into 4 weeks depending on when the train is loaded and departs. So these 2/4 orders will likely deliver late Feb through early March. They were very apologetic about the earlier lack of communication regarding the delays in the pre-order program and acknowledged there wasn't any great advantage as it sits beyond the obvious. The truth is by March and after, it may be possible to find your exact order, or close, somewhere in dealer stock anyway.

Sounds like you guys are lucky. I have to call and email to find any answers. It use to be the same answer soon or in a few weeks until a few weeks ago I said I was disappointed with the lack of information regarding the preorder. So a manager who was my original sales person stepped in and said he will give me weekly updates regardless of any info or not. That eased my concerns but I'm sure they are trying their hardest to get any info at all. I have faith this will be a perferct car for us and can't wait til we get it home. It will be a great Easter present.

Sounds like you guys are lucky. I have to call and email to find any answers. It use to be the same answer soon or in a few weeks until a few weeks ago I said I was disappointed with the lack of information regarding the preorder. So a manager who was my original sales person stepped in and said he will give me weekly updates regardless of any info or not. That eased my concerns but I'm sure they are trying their hardest to get any info at all. I have faith this will be a perferct car for us and can't wait til we get it home. It will be a great Easter present.

Trust me, this only after a lot of noise on my part.

Just curious - what were your expectations when you placed a "pre-order"?

Just curious - what were your expectations when you placed a "pre-order"?

That we might get the cars in a timely manner at around the same time dealer stock started showing up (which is now). That, and the fact that "Lincoln" told the dealer that the pre-orders should be in by the end of Dec (not the beginning of March) Also, no info during the delay until about a week ago. If the dealers are well stocked by the time the pre-orders deliver, I probably could have picked a stock mode close to what I wanted. I get all this, but it isn't the way they portrayed the pre-order process to me. Lincoln has since acknowledged and apologized for this deficiency in communication to me.

Edited by xgman

That we might get the cars in a timely manner at around the same time dealer stock started showing up (which is now). That, and the fact that "Lincoln" told the dealer that the pre-orders should be in by the end of Dec (not the beginning of March) Also, no info during the delay until about a week ago. If the dealers are well stocked by the time the pre-orders deliver, I probably could have picked a stock mode close to what I wanted. I get all this, but it isn't the way they portrayed the pre-order process to me. Lincoln has since acknowledged and apologized for this deficiency in communication to me.

I wasn't defending it - just trying to see what someone who doesn't understand the internal Ford process would expect.

Those of us that do understand know that dealer stock will start showing up while the first retail orders are being built but the retail orders should be clean and problem free whereas the dealer stock may have been repaired.

Not much Ford can do about slippage in the launch date. That's the target date but so many things can go wrong causing delays.

If Ford/Lincoln had said up front that your pre-order would arrive sometime between December 1st and January 31st with a caveat that production delays could occur that could push the date out even further - would that have satisfied you?

I agree there should be better communication when dates do slip - just wondering how Ford should handle pre-orders in the future for better customer satisfaction (for those who don't understand the process).

I wasn't defending it - just trying to see what someone who doesn't understand the internal Ford process would expect.

Those of us that do understand know that dealer stock will start showing up while the first retail orders are being built but the retail orders should be clean and problem free whereas the dealer stock may have been repaired.

Not much Ford can do about slippage in the launch date. That's the target date but so many things can go wrong causing delays.

If Ford/Lincoln had said up front that your pre-order would arrive sometime between December 1st and January 31st with a caveat that production delays could occur that could push the date out even further - would that have satisfied you?

I agree there should be better communication when dates do slip - just wondering how Ford should handle pre-orders in the future for better customer satisfaction (for those who don't understand the process).

For me I think just having some weekly or so email communication with an update on activity. I would rather of heard of issues being corrected, if any so I knew they were working on getting the car. Until the last call with the 2/4 date I had no clue they were even doing anything with the car. Maybe a website for those who put money down I could visit to get updated. I spent a lot of time just going to Google and typing any word with MKZ to find info, that is how I found this site. Very excited about the car but it has been tough for someone who has always just purchased off the lot. Lord help me if I ever try to buy a custom home (LOL)

For me I think just having some weekly or so email communication with an update on activity. I would rather of heard of issues being corrected, if any so I knew they were working on getting the car. Until the last call with the 2/4 date I had no clue they were even doing anything with the car. Maybe a website for those who put money down I could visit to get updated. I spent a lot of time just going to Google and typing any word with MKZ to find info, that is how I found this site. Very excited about the car but it has been tough for someone who has always just purchased off the lot. Lord help me if I ever try to buy a custom home (LOL)

I agree, I've gotten more information here than my dealer has given me. Every one here has been very helpful. I'm the type of person that likes to know the all the technical detail involved if any.