MKZ Build Date

Has the MKZ build started yet? I’m really wanting to get a look at this car soon. We're taking the Wife's Edge to our dealer (2 hours away) in mid-October and I was hoping I might be able to look at one on the lot.

Yes two hours away! It's a long story and has everything to do with my GT500, but I'll not bore everbody with that.

Gregg

You do understand that Fusion production is being added to Flat Rock, right? Hermosillo doesn't have enough capacity for anticipated Fusion/MKZ demand.

Exactly my point, if Hermosillo is at capacity, maybe Flat Rock would be a great place to build MKZ, freeing up more capacity at Hermosillo for increased Fusion production for export....

You do understand that Fusion production is being added to Flat Rock, right? Hermosillo doesn't have enough capacity for anticipated Fusion/MKZ demand.

I do understand that but I would not look for the MKz to sell near the numbers of that of the Fusion. I also understand that the Fusion and the "Z" are shared platforms I was just thinking that it may not bear the sales numbers to stock "Z" componentry at both Hermosillo and Flat Rock. Maybe housing components at both facilities is no big deal though.

I do understand that but I would not look for the MKz to sell near the numbers of that of the Fusion. I also understand that the Fusion and the "Z" are shared platforms I was just thinking that it may not bear the sales numbers to stock "Z" componentry at both Hermosillo and Flat Rock. Maybe housing components at both facilities is no big deal though.

I wasn't anticipating it being built in 2 places either but since the MKZ isn't being exported to South America then they could build MKZ only at Flat Rock with no issues, freeing up Hermosillo for more Fusion production.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of things:

-Spuds64, I can't access the link for the 2013 MKZ Owners Manual (wants log-in). Would love to see that. Disappointed about the delayed build date.

-Does anyone know what, if anything, will be done to keep the panoramic roof from creating additional cabin heat build-up during the summer?

Couple of things:

-Spuds64, I can't access the link for the 2013 MKZ Owners Manual (wants log-in). Would love to see that. Disappointed about the delayed build date.

-Does anyone know what, if anything, will be done to keep the panoramic roof from creating additional cabin heat build-up during the summer?

It's tinted and should be no different than the glass roof mustang and only slightly worse than the current vista roof edge, flex, etc.

I have the 2011 MKZ and, with the black dashboard and black trim around the interior doors (the rest of the interior is Cashmere), I find it gets really hot with just the standard moonroof. I'm interested in the panoramic roof but concerned about what that much more glass means during Sacramento Valley's hot summers. I'm hoping they drop the black interior trim completely.

Couple of things:

I'm concerned about the same thing but in watching the silent video on YouTube of the black "Z" spinning on the pedestal I can see a shade opening prior to the roof opening. I'm hoping its like the wife's Edge with the vista moon roof as it has a blind or shade allowing you to block the sunlight.

Sometimes I have to do that now with the standard moonroof but they're touting the retractible so much, and the purpose is to be able to have it open w/o the shade. It would be nice if it was double tinted or something to cool it but allow it to stay open comfortably. We'll see. I'm sure the designers also thought about it.

Edited by Dedonut

Ford wants to re-energize the Lincoln, and the MKZ, and capture more of the mid-size sedan market, yet I've seen very little, if any, advertising about the up-coming MKZ. And why so late a release date for the 2013 MKZ? Aren't they missing a good deal of the usual Fall market? And now the 10/01 build date is moved to 10/22. It's puzzling to me, and disappointing. I was hoping for more early marketing hype.

Edited by Dedonut

Ford wants to re-energize the Lincoln, and the MKZ, and capture more of the mid-size sedan market, yet I've seen very little, if any, advertising about the up-coming MKZ. And why so late a release date for the 2013 MKZ? Aren't they missing a good deal of the usual Fall market? And now the 10/01 build date is moved to 10/22. It's puzzling to me, and disappointing. I was hoping for more early marketing hype.

Why would they advertise a car that they can't sell for at least another 2 months? Yes, they're missing sales so there has to be a very good reason for the delay.

Why advertise a car they can't sell? I didn't advertise ... but I think Ford should be running advance ads to create anticipation that it's coming. It seems to me it would be good to generate interest enough to make people willing to wait to see it before buying something else. It has great technology, tout it. Tout the concierge service that's said to be coming with Lincoln ownership.

I guess I've looked at it as if the teasers to magazines and other media releases are a form of advertising. My intent at this point in the ballgame is to order one mid January for an early spring arrival and in telling my coleagues of my plans most all of them have at least heard of the car if not seen glimpses of it. They're not necessarily tuned into the level of detail that I am but then I wouldn't expect them to be as aware.

Stentgraft95- I'm also going to order one after I see and drive it. Like you, I've followed it and talked it up to my friends. They're aware of the car and dealership changes to come and my intention to buy. I would have liked to see more excitement shown by Ford in anticipation of it's release, given all the changes and what it's supposed to signal for the role Lincoln will play in Ford's future. Guess I wanted them to be as excited as I am. :dance: