MKZ Build Date

Stentgraft95- I'm also going to order one after I see and drive it. Like you, I've followed it and talked it up to my friends. They're aware of the car and dealership changes to come and my intention to buy. I would have liked to see more excitement shown by Ford in anticipation of it's release, given all the changes and what it's supposed to signal for the role Lincoln will play in Ford's future. Guess I wanted them to be as excited as I am. :dance:

Agreed, I have a lot of optimism that this car is going to start the turnaround. I don’t expect a 180 degree recovery with their reputation but I expect to see an incremental change. This is the first car from the allocated design studio but if I understand what I’ve read here correctly, certain aspects of the design were already determined such as roof geometry before Max Wolf’s team was put in place. I fully suspect that I will buy the new MKZ but will have an insurmountable amount of envy over the next generation MKS and MKX which will be fully designed by the Lincoln Team but I will be locked in for the following 10 years.

Ford's priority right now is to build up an adequate supply of Fusions to restock dealers and meet demand. There is still enough of a supply of 2012 MKZs to hold Lincoln dealers over until the 2013 is available, whereas Ford dealers have been essentially sold out of Fusions. The trade-off of building both at the same factory is if all the capacity is being used for Fusions, the MKZ takes a back seat. The MKZ may be a key product for Lincoln's future, but an extra month or two wait isn't going to make or break it.

Lease it. :-)

I like to buy new vehicles when I buy but I haven’t resigned myself to always having a car payment. I bought my LS new in 03 and it will be 10 years old when I get the “Z”. I know there are numerous ways of looking at “new” vehicle purchases and for me that involves keeping it for a minimum amount of time.

I put a deposit and ordered one about 2-3 weeks ago. Spoke to Lincoln last week ( they were extremely nice too) and they gave me the order number and a phone number to call around the first week of Nov. They told me by then they should be able to give me an update to where my car was in the process. It sounded like early to mid Nov to see mine. Problem now is my wife is all excited about a new vehicle and she wants to look a what is out now like the new BMW X1 SUV, as she has a SUV now. Not even close on gas mileage but close to same price but I am holding out. But one more push out on the date for the MKZ hybrid I am not sure I can (LOL)

The BMW X1 SUV doesn't appear to have the same features even if the money is close. I didn't see adaptive cruise, park assist, BLiS (blind side indicators), lane correction. Lots in the way of safety. I haven't seen another mid-size car with the technology packages that will be offered with the 2013 MKZ.

Ford's priority right now is to build up an adequate supply of Fusions to restock dealers and meet demand. There is still enough of a supply of 2012 MKZs to hold Lincoln dealers over until the 2013 is available, whereas Ford dealers have been essentially sold out of Fusions. The trade-off of building both at the same factory is if all the capacity is being used for Fusions, the MKZ takes a back seat. The MKZ may be a key product for Lincoln's future, but an extra month or two wait isn't going to make or break it.

My local dealer has 45 Fusions in stock listed as of today. They are a mid sized dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to Lincoln today and gave them my order number and still not in process. I was told could be Dec / Jan when the dealers will see them. I will call back mid Nov and see. Also drove the ES 300H today and it was nice ride, just a bit more money and 5 MPH less per mile Hope the MKZ comes up soon :)

Spoke to Lincoln today and gave them my order number and still not in process. I was told could be Dec / Jan when the dealers will see them. I will call back mid Nov and see. Also drove the ES 300H today and it was nice ride, just a bit more money and 5 MPH less per mile Hope the MKZ comes up soon :)

Yes, I have the feeling that it will be later than we hope, especially the Hybrid orders.

I think so to but just hope it rides nice and looks good. We test drove the 2012 and purchased a fully load 13 while we at the dealer. Trying to keep the faith and so far my wife is not too bad but after driving the Lexus she got all worked up so spent a lot of time trying to compare the two so we can see if the wait will be worth it.

We got the poster , it is OK but rather have the car. Also got a package from them with several gifts that my wife can pick out once we take possession of the car. It says they are around 600-700 dollars in value. My favorite is the whiskey collection, not sure it is hers though