MKZ Build Date

oops 11/05.

I am really conflicted now because of the 2013 'short' year. If I can get it in Dec/Jan., I'll do it (allowing for early termination of my lease). If I have to wait until April and lease end, I'll figure something out from April to Aug and wait for the 2014. They'll have the bugs worked out better by then, too.

Edited by Dedonut

oops 11/05.

I am really conflicted now because of the 2013 'short' year. If I can get it in Dec/Jan., I'll do it (allowing for early termination of my lease). If I have to wait until April and lease end, I'll figure something out from April to Aug and wait for the 2014. They'll have the bugs worked out better by then, too.

I'm not sure I believe that date. Lots of dealer orders have been showing up in inventory over the past two weeks, and all but a couple of them (in the Detroit area anyway) are EcoBoost or V6. This leads me to believe they started building them in October as originally scheduled, and if anything the hybrids are being produced later.

I'm not sure I believe that date. Lots of dealer orders have been showing up in inventory over the past two weeks, and all but a couple of them (in the Detroit area anyway) are EcoBoost or V6. This leads me to believe they started building them in October as originally scheduled, and if anything the hybrids are being produced later.

I guess we will know once we see some pre-orders in "building" status. Mine is still in "processing" status.

I ordered yesterday. The dealer thinks I'll have it in Dec. but that would be 6 weeks and seems kind of soon to me. I'll be surprised if it isn't Jan. She also said the the traveling Rep was there Fri. or Sat. w/the 2013. It wasn't a true production model but a kind of 'mock up' with some hand-made components.

Were they able to give you a price when you ordered? Mine said they wouldn't know until the order person enters it into the system and the system prices it out!

My salesman told me that a man ordered one fully loaded save for the 3.7 and that he would come in around $45,000! I've seen the pricing on the Lincoln site and that seems consistent with numbers I've seen. My dealership is pretty straight forward without the B.S. which is why I shop there and I've seen no reason in my past experience to doubt what he told me.

I'm optimistic I can get a fully loaded one with a 3.7 and come in in the 48s. Maybe that's too optimistic but I'm hoping anyway!

This site has some off-the-wall suggestions but there are legitimate ways to join an organization and qualify for the X Plan.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51278-x-plan-pins-for-everyone-sticky-this/

So what do you think would be a realistic approach for one such as myself to qualify for the X Plan? I know I could join Mustang Club of America and have considered given my 07 GT500 but that seems rather thin at best for qualifying for a reasonable discount on my MKZ purchase.

Check out this membership for $40 a year or $50. for a family plan, You need to be a member for at least 60 days and discuss it with your dealer to make certain they participate and know that you'd like to do it. EAA membership allows you to participate in the Ford Partnership Plan. Dealers who participate in X Plan are reimbursed by Ford. If I understand correctly, the A plan is for Ford employees and the D plan is for Dealers. Talk to your dealer first to see if they participate and are willing to let you do it that way.

http://www.eaa.org

http://www.eaa.org/membership/benefits.asp

http://www.eaa.org/ford/

I went to KBB and priced out a fully loaded one and then started with an offer of 300 over cost. The only things my does not have are > rear shade but that is because I have the pana roof ( can not have both) . The inflatable rear seat belts, and the special seats that showed late availability They have some sort of air cushions , etc in them - Mine are the heated / cooled seats front, heated rear - Paid well less than 46 K and felt pretty good about it, never even knew about any X plans, etc -

Yes, the dealers can quote discounted prices on your order.

The inventory person at my dealer checked on status last night and it showed one build start date for next week and then another on the first week of December start for their dealership ordered cars, but no customer pre-orders with projected/assigned build start dates yet. :(

WOW! That's a couple of months before they even started building them. My hope is, things will start moving faster once the dealers start getting them.

I thought my order went in last week but they're just know doing the DORA.

Edited by Dedonut

Seems like the dealers orders are going into production starting now, and after that hopefully the pre-orders will start. I think things are running a bit slower than they had hoped.

I really need to get my car traded in soon, so I hope I get some news about my order before too long.

WOW. They moved it again? Donlen still says 11/5. And still says 10/22 was the hybrid start-up date. What's with the missed deadlines?

I'm puzzled by the 'lip service only' Ford seems to be giving when they say they want to restore the Lincoln all the while pushing the Fusion it seems almost exclusively. We have a difference of opinion on the forum about advertising/promoting the 2013 MKZ when it isn't yet out. However, for people who haven't yet bought this late in the year, Ford isn't building any anticipation for buyers to take a 'wait and see' approach to selecting their next car. I haven't even seen much advertising on the 2013 Lincoln models that are already out. A new model year seems a better time to push the brand but it appears 2014-2015 may be their goal for amping up the dealerships, the Lincoln, and the concierge service. It would have been nice to see them all come together. IMHO, Ford should have started getting the dealerships ready earlier and they should be pushing the Lincoln a bit more. The Fusion market will still be there but many potential Lincoln buyers may have looked elsewhere by now.

Edited by Dedonut