MKZ Build Date

TY … I'm beginning to feel guilty. Cheer up … I won't have it until Friday. :-)

I just have to say wow, a local dealer finally got some of the dealer stock in and we quickly called to reserve a test drive. They literally came off the truck the night before and was in the process of being prepped for today. The ride was great, very smooth and comfortable. There was some road noise going on the highway according to my wife but that's to be expected here since there is a lot of truck traffic and they leave huge indentations on the road. She thought the ANC would cancel that out but I told her that only applies to engine noise. Oh and I think the main reason she heard some minor road noise because for a good 3-5minutes I was driving in EV mode at 60MPH so there was no typical engine sound. Anyways we're glad that we test drove it and think we made the best choice in sticking with Lincoln. Logically, there isn't anything else comparable to the MKZ right now. For the price and standard amenities, nothing comes close. I mean we drove 4hours just to go to an Auto Show last month so we can see one in person and make sure it was something we truly wanted. I hope some of you that are teetering back and forth and debating would get a chance to sit and test drive one. You will be amazed. I guess going from a Prius to a luxury car, I better be amazed right? lol

Anyways, good luck to those getting theirs soon.

Wow, simply gorgeous!

Mine has a scheduled build date of April the 8th and I can hardly wait. I know from checking in daily that there are a couple of people growing impatient but trust me, I'm well beyond all of you but I'm really looking forward to getting my car. Especially after seeing Dedonut's beautiful car.

Just turned 100 miles. Hang in there, people. It's worth the wait for something you'll have for years. We got caught up in the process and lost sight of the goal. :-)

Wow very nice, I can see the differnece from Champagne and White Platinum now during the day. Congrats again.

Just turned 100 miles. Hang in there, people. It's worth the wait for something you'll have for years. We got caught up in the process and lost sight of the goal. :-)

You gave up on it too and bought dealer stock. Seriously though, you made a good decision. I wonder when your ordered car will finally roll in?

Hmm, that's dealer stock? Do a thorough check. I found a lot of misalignment on the car at the one I test drove also. The trunk for one isn't flushed. Hmm, what else. Oh check the side view mirrors. Some one said it wasn't straight either. Wish I remember where the pix of that was. It wasn't on this forum. Something about the bezel or pedestal. Since it was based off the Fusion, check the dashboard and the door panels. See if there is an gap. Let me find you a link. I haven't seen any like that on the MKZ but you never know.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52737-mis-alignment-between-left-side-of-dashboard-and-drivers-door/page-1

Thank you. It's taking some getting used to with all the bells and whistles. I'll check out the things mentioned that might be a problem.

xgman, it wasn't that I gave up on the delivery of my pre-order, but when I saw that my Dealership was getting a car just like my order, but with the Panoramic Roof, I wanted to track it and check it out. I had hoped they'd both arrive together so I could see them side-by- side but I liked this well enough to go with it. When they then announced the latest QC, I thought this dealer-order would go to Flat Rock while my order stayed in Hermosillo. And since I'm X Plan, the Pano Roof difference wasn't all that bad. However, I ended up doing the 7 yr (additional 3yrs) on maintenance and 7 yr bumper-to-bumper on Repair. I took that in exchange for a 2.2% loan for 84 months! Better than the 3.99 I was going to get. :-)

Edited by Dedonut

Thank you. It's taking some getting used to with all the bells and whistles. I'll check out the things mentioned that might be a problem.

xgman, it wasn't that I gave up on the delivery of my pre-order, but when I saw that my Dealership was getting a car just like my order, but with the Panoramic Roof, I wanted to track it and check it out. I had hoped they'd both arrive together so I could see them side-by- side but I liked this well enough to go with it. When they then announced the latest QC, I thought this dealer-order would go to Flat Rock while my order stayed in Hermosillo. And since I'm X Plan, the Pano Roof difference wasn't all that bad. However, I ended up doing the 7 yr (additional 3yrs) on maintenance and 7 yr bumper-to-bumper on Repair. I took that in exchange for a 2.2% loan for 84 months! Better than the 3.99 I was going to get. :-)

I think some one said you can buy the warranty a month before your original warranty expires of something like that. Also 2.2% is really good. We got 2.4% but Lincoln has .9% for 36month which we might go for. 1.9% at 48mo. Good thing about these is they don't have any other additional fees which was amazing. Our last Toyota purchase had a hidden $1k fee which we weren't aware of but it was too late, we had already signed and agreed but then again we were in a hurry. Let me know if you find any cosmetic issues with the car and if you do, bring it to the dealers attention. Sorry if I am scaring you, didn't mean to. Just want your new car to be, NEW and problem free.

• 2 weeks later...

The Parable of the Lincoln "Marriage Proposal"

Imagine, if you will, that a suitor name McKenZie has approached you with a proposal of marriage. The suitor has spared no expense (slick brochures and ads) to arouse your interest and after carefully considering other offers, you accept McKenZie's "proposal of marriage" in July of 2012.

When you ask when the marriage will take place, you are initially told "late fall," but when you tell your beloved that you want the best caterer in town ("multi-contour Active Motion seats") you are told the wedding will need to be postponed until December as the caterer is not available until then. You're very much in love with this tech-savvy lover with a gorgeous body, so you say "fine." You tell yourself it will be worth the wait to have the wedding of your dreams and you sell a lot of stock, even though the market is down a bit, so you'll have the necessary cash for the honeymoon.

But December comes and goes and still no marriage. (Your CPA tells you that by selling all that stock you incurred a totally unnecessary tax liability, but you try to remain optimistic.) Your fiancée never calls, but you finally make contact. "Right after the first of the year," you're told, but January comes and goes as does February. Still no firm date for the day of the marriage. You begin to wonder if McKenZie's intentions are honorable. And still, you are the only one who initiates any communication.

Then, along about the first of March, in response to your persistent queries, your lover finally informs you that the chosen caterer can't tell you when she'll be available and that the marriage will therefore have to be postponed indefinitely. Your suspicions are now fully aroused and you begin to ask around, only to discover that without so much as consulting you, your fiancée has actually cancelled the contract with the caterer (i.e., one can no longer even order the multi-contour seats as an option on the Lincoln website for 2013!) In fact, it looks as if the wedding won't take place until sometime in 2014. If at all.

By now you are furious. You realize your intended has lied to you repeatedly. Obviously there are some real commitment issues in play with McKenZie. The market is up sharply and you wish you'd never sold that stock. You're still in love--even if you no longer very much like your suitor!--so a part of you wants to hang on, desperately hoping that this marriage really will happen. But you are also beginning to have "buyer's remorse" for having accepted the marriage offer in the first place as you think about all those other suitors out there (e.g. Lexus) with whom you could have already been happily married. Your best friend suggests hiring a lawyer and "suing the cheating bastard" for breach of contract, but that's just not your style so you decide to settle for a lesser wedding, with a rather mediocre caterer. Still, there is a part of you that wonders if this marriage will EVER take place, especially since your fiancée is still either unable or unwilling to give you a firm date! You decide to get your mind off the entire matter by reading Bill O'Reilly's best-seller, Killing Lincoln. There is something in the title that seems strangely satisfying as you sit by the phone, waiting for McKenZie to call.

The Parable of the Lincoln "Marriage Proposal"

Imagine, if you will, that a suitor name McKenZie has approached you with a proposal of marriage. The suitor has spared no expense (slick brochures and ads) to arouse your interest and after carefully considering other offers, you accept McKenZie's "proposal of marriage" in July of 2012.

When you ask when the marriage will take place, you are initially told "late fall," but when you tell your beloved that you want the best caterer in town ("multi-contour Active Motion seats") you are told the wedding will need to be postponed until December as the caterer is not available until then. You're very much in love with this tech-savvy lover with a gorgeous body, so you say "fine." You tell yourself it will be worth the wait to have the wedding of your dreams and you sell a lot of stock, even though the market is down a bit, so you'll have the necessary cash for the honeymoon.

But December comes and goes and still no marriage. (Your CPA tells you that by selling all that stock you incurred a totally unnecessary tax liability, but you try to remain optimistic.) Your fiancée never calls, but you finally make contact. "Right after the first of the year," you're told, but January comes and goes as does February. Still no firm date for the day of the marriage. You begin to wonder if McKenZie's intentions are honorable. And still, you are the only one who initiates any communication.

Then, along about the first of March, in response to your persistent queries, your lover finally informs you that the chosen caterer can't tell you when she'll be available and that the marriage will therefore have to be postponed indefinitely. Your suspicions are now fully aroused and you begin to ask around, only to discover that without so much as consulting you, your fiancée has actually cancelled the contract with the caterer (i.e., one can no longer even order the multi-contour seats as an option on the Lincoln website for 2013!) In fact, it looks as if the wedding won't take place until sometime in 2014. If at all.

By now you are furious. You realize your intended has lied to you repeatedly. Obviously there are some real commitment issues in play with McKenZie. The market is up sharply and you wish you'd never sold that stock. You're still in love--even if you no longer very much like your suitor!--so a part of you wants to hang on, desperately hoping that this marriage really will happen. But you are also beginning to have "buyer's remorse" for having accepted the marriage offer in the first place as you think about all those other suitors out there (e.g. Lexus) with whom you could have already been happily married. Your best friend suggests hiring a lawyer and "suing the cheating bastard" for breach of contract, but that's just not your style so you decide to settle for a lesser wedding, with a rather mediocre caterer. Still, there is a part of you that wonders if this marriage will EVER take place, especially since your fiancée is still either unable or unwilling to give you a firm date! You decide to get your mind off the entire matter by reading Bill O'Reilly's best-seller, Killing Lincoln. There is something in the title that seems strangely satisfying as you sit by the phone, waiting for McKenZie to call.

I think McKenzie is fine. He's trying to break out of his father Fordley's shadow who has problems with his other sons. Their name escapes me. Thier family tends to lose focus and without any familial fusion. Just give McKenzie some time and he will break out of his father's shadow. He comes from a good family history and he's trying to be the best for you. Remember it will be his first time as well and once things get under way you will be much more happier. Go out have parties, celebrate, throw a fiesta.

Wow, simply gorgeous!

Mine has a scheduled build date of April the 8th and I can hardly wait. I know from checking in daily that there are a couple of people growing impatient but trust me, I'm well beyond all of you but I'm really looking forward to getting my car. Especially after seeing Dedonut's beautiful car.

When did you order it? I'm comparing order dates to getting build dates scheduled to see if I can even guess at a time for delivery (heh) for mine.

When I originally saw you had tracked two cars, I decided to see if my dealer, or anything in my area, had something similar to what I ordered coming in. They don't, so I'm going to have to wait for my order to come in.

• Like 1