MKZ Build Date

Mine, too, along with Minor Features … which turn out to be all the features. So, do I have it right that, when it's loaded onto a railcar, Etis will have that update on Railcar # and I can then follow it by UP phone #?

Primary Features Build Date: 09.02.2013 Vehicle Line: MKZ Body Style: 4 Door Saloon Series: Series 25 Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split S/Wir Drive: LHD FWD Axle Ratio: 2.56 Final Drive Ratio Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C Paint: White Platinum

And from mkztracker this morning:

B191 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807891 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01i03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-12-2013, 12:15 MT *Feb-25-2013

I'm also waiting on a car ordered by my Dealership that is like mine but with the Pano Roof. It isn't a Special Order, so I'll get 1st dibs on that if I prefer the Pano Roof car. It was built Jan-17 and hasn't shipped yet.

With the earlier post above, I'm trying to pull Railcar Tracking together for posting onto it's own, new Forum. Tanner you started it with the first post, can you start your own Forum just for the Railcar Tracking Info so 'newbies' will know where to go and how to follow their own?

Edited by Dedonut

Hey Tatonka car is built an waiting on ramp 54 is the latest that I have

ramp 54 is where all the action is right now. I don't have any info but assume that mine is sitting right next to yours (and looking damn good). At some point in the near future there's gonna be a MKZ parade coming up from Mexico! There's got to be hundreds getting delivered. Once it leaves it's just a day or two up to Maricopa or Tucson offload to truck it to the dealer. Then another few days to CA to drop off Dedonut's car.

From the 2011 MKZ train travel, the railcar:

-left Hermosillo on Mar 28 @18:00 MT

-arrived at Tucson Intermediate Point Mar 30 @9:41 pm MT

-passed Tucson Mar 31 @10:11 MT

-arrived Maricopa Intermediate Point Mar 31 @14:31 MT

-passed Maricopa Mar 31 @16:01 MT

-arrived at my stop (Benicia, CA) Apr 04 @16:17 PT

-final delivery to dealer Apr 08 @5:00 PT

-I had the car Apr 08 @19:00 PT

Edited by Dedonut

Cool I am getting a hybrid too

If you want you should add your VIN to the tracking post MKZtracker updates on Mon, Wed, Fri

Site wouldn't let me post to your PM because not enough posts.

At this point we should be close enough that its just waiting for the laziest salespeople in history to have an excuse to call. Keep updating what you know as we are on the same rail. This time next week I expect to be styling !

LOL, dude I hear ya man. You would think that for 40K you might actually get a little customer service from this "Luxury Brand" dealerships, but i guess not. Not sure if you noticed but there is a way to send emails to each other. Send me one when / if your notified that car has arrived. I will do the same.

And ETIS catches up..........

Primary Features

Build Date: 11.02.2013

Vehicle Line: MKZ

Body Style: 4 Door Saloon

Series: Series 25

Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric

Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split S/Wir

Drive: LHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 2.56 Final Drive Ratio

Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements

Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C

Paint: Smoked Quartz TC

Train kept a Rollin' all night long

I don't see how they can let a car sit for a whole week before it gets moving towards inspection at this point. The crux of the problem here seems to be Mexico itself. That's what you get for USA outsourcing. I doubt I will ever buy another Ford product after these last 2 experiences.

In this case it's one week from build date to ETA at the dealership. Build date 2/11, ETA is 2/18

Wouldn't attempt to make excuses for any of this but the logistics of getting 1000 cars on a train that all go to different places means some of them will have to sit a few days after theyre built before that thing takes off.

In this case it's one week from build date to ETA at the dealership. Build date 2/11, ETA is 2/18 Wouldn't attempt to make excuses for any of this but the logistics of getting 1000 cars on a train that all go to different places means some of them will have to sit a few days after theyre built before that thing takes off.

Well they should have thought about that in January. I've just heard some inside information that I won't repeat here, but they are spinning this whole problem to be an inspection issue which is deemed by insiders to be cover. We probably will never know what really happened.

Whatever the reason, two things are certain:

-they're more determined to get them right than to get them out;

-they're no happier about this than we are.

I would hazard a guess, and it's only that, the issue may be safety-related for it to be worth all this. If it is, I'd rather they fix it now than discover it on the road somewhere like Toyota drivers did. Whatever it is, it must be serious.

Whatever the reason, two things are certain:

-they're more determined to get them right than to get them out;

-they're no happier about this than we are.

I would hazard a guess, and it's only that, the issue may be safety-related for it to be worth all this. If it is, I'd rather they fix it now than discover it on the road somewhere like Toyota drivers did. Whatever it is, it must be serious.

I think you're right....to be honest I knew that jumping on an unproven model would be a gamble.....I jumped in though and am now hoping for the best and looking forward to finally getting into this car.

Hey Tatonka just went over to Camelback Lincoln yesterday they have a white MKZ 2.0 on their lot it is a base model but was great fun to drive. They also have a V6 as well

Hey thanks Tanner.....good to hear that it test drove well. I'm thinking that these cars are going to be nicer in person by far than the pics whereas the Fusions actually look better online than on the road.

I think you're right....to be honest I knew that jumping on an unproven model would be a gamble.....I jumped in though and am now hoping for the best and looking forward to finally getting into this car. Hey thanks Tanner.....good to hear that it test drove well. I'm thinking that these cars are going to be nicer in person by far than the pics whereas the Fusions actually look better online than on the road.

I understand what you're saying, Tatonka. I debated about the 2013 vs. the production and road-tested 2014. However, I don't think it'll be as big a gamble when we finally get them. These cars are being far more vetted than any other brand would be. Lincoln isn't just building a new car with this model, they're counting, long-term, on a new reputation. Hold this thought - what we finally get is going be be something special. :)

• Like 1

The crux of the problem here seems to be Mexico itself. That's what you get for USA outsourcing.

Absolutely incorrect. Hermosillo has been Ford's #1 plant for quality for the last decade or so. They built the original Fusion, Zephyr/MKZ there for 7 years without a hitch.

This has to do with rushing a new product out too fast with a new platform and new suppliers. These problems would have occurred regardless of the factory location.

Absolutely incorrect. Hermosillo has been Ford's #1 plant for quality for the last decade or so. They built the original Fusion, Zephyr/MKZ there for 7 years without a hitch.

This has to do with rushing a new product out too fast with a new platform and new suppliers. These problems would have occurred regardless of the factory location.

Sorry, wrong. Have you not paid any attention to the multiple issues plaguing Ford since the middle of last year relating to this plant? Fusions, Escapes etc?? Trust me it's been even worse than this MKZ delay.

Sorry, wrong. Have you not paid any attention to the multiple issues plaguing Ford since the middle of last year relating to this plant? Fusions, Escapes etc?? Trust me it's been even worse than this MKZ delay.

Yes, you were wrong. No need to be sorry about it.

They built the original Fusion and MKZ for SEVEN years without these issues including launching them as brand new. This has NOTHING to do with Hermosillo and everything to do with engineering and parts suppliers.

Weren't many of those issues design related though? Not necessarily production issues? I might be wrong

Bad stamping dies - sent back to Dearborn for repair.

Bad headlamp lenses - supplier goofed.

1.6L engine fires - poor engineering

Those were the major Fusion problems - none of which were related to the factory or factory location or workers.

I became fully serialized today although the Dealer forgot to include that in the email. I’m scheduled for the week of April 8th. This seems like it’s a long way out considering I ordered December 18th. The only thing I can figure is that this length of time is due to the Multi Contour seats.

At any rate, at least I’m finally in the queue.

LOL, dude I hear ya man. You would think that for 40K you might actually get a little customer service from this "Luxury Brand" dealerships, but i guess not. Not sure if you noticed but there is a way to send emails to each other. Send me one when / if your notified that car has arrived. I will do the same.

Lincoln Customer Service left a message today that ETA to dealership was Monday....so apparently on schedule