MKZ Build Date

We're not obligated to take a Special Order. If you don't take it, they'll put it on the lot and it'll probably go before they finish preping it. And I'm sorry it's soured you on Ford/Lincoln. This is not the usual process. My last one went smoothly. This is all about a problem in the new model year. And, as I've been saying, if you think you're going nuts over this, just try to imagine a day in the life of the Lincoln Execs.

Edited by Dedonut

We're not obligated to take a Special Order. If you don't take it, they'll put it on the lot and it'll probably go before they finish preping it. And I'm sorry it's soured you on Ford/Lincoln. This is not the usual process. My last one went smoothly. This is all about a problem in the new model year. And, as I've been saying, if you think you're going nuts over this, just try to imagine a day in the life of the Lincoln Execs.

Actually in Googling various terms to see what they meant, I find that in fact issues and delays with custom orders from this factory are common, with delays and problems getting the cars shipped on time, at least for the last few years. I'll be ecstatic once it's all over in ________. (fill in your own month/year)

Edited by xgman

LOL . No, Tim, I didn't notice but figured if it hadn't left, it wouldn't make it, and it hadn't.

I'm also tracking a car my Dealer ordered that's exactly like the one I ordered but w/pano roof. I have '1st dibs' on that but I figure that one will go to Flat Rock first,so it's going to be awhile.

xgman reminds me of an old saying, not universally true but:

Patience is a virtue, possess itif you can. It's seldom in a woman but never in a man.

LOL . No, Tim, I didn't notice but figured if it hadn't left, it wouldn't make it, and it hadn't.

I'm also tracking a car my Dealer ordered that's exactly like the one I ordered but w/pano roof. I have '1st dibs' on that but I figure that one will go to Flat Rock first,so it's going to be awhile.

xgman reminds me of an old saying, not universally true but:

Patience is a virtue, possess itif you can. It's seldom in a woman but never in a man.

Look at it this way, we will all have those rare cars that were only built for a few months way back in 2013 before any ol Joe could pick up a '14 model. ;)

Vent all you want but don't go around saying things that simply aren't true just because you're pissed off.

Why would I do that? You think I have nothing better to do than make crap up and post it here? I just don't have time to coral references for you to justify my point. In fact I wish you would just ignore all of my post and I will do the same of yours. I don't like you!

JJBKLB - refer to the first posting in this thread; the updates do not come in the form of a posting in this thread, but rather an edit to the original and first post. Refer to the edited date at the bottom of the first post to see when the status was last updated.

mark

i had lost the link to this thread for awhile.When I found it again,I knew that you had posted a list of VIN's ,including mine,to get updates.i've gone back to the FIRST post on page 1 by Stentgaft 95 dated 8-Sept-12 & worked my way from beginning to end twice without finding that post.Is there any chance that it was removed?

To show I've done my due diligence before posting this inquiry,I went through & located EVERY post that you put on this link.The first mark 4864 post that I found was #163 on 01-Jan-13.The following posts of yours were:

173,186,191,194,252,291,295,298,305,312,313,319,321,322,332,353,383,390,393,416,434,435,438,480,481,490,497,508,513,549,552,566,626,631,715,718.

.....and yes,i know i spend way too much time on the PC.

Could you give me a link that will take me to the page with that information on it.if it has been stripped off the thread,could you let me know?

Well, the car I've been following, like mine but with the panoramic roof, arrived at the dealer last night. I found out from Lincoln Customer Service before the Sales people knew it had arrived. One of the sales reps went and found it and put a temp. Sold sign on it. He'll check tomorrow to make sure no one has spoken for it. Otherwise, I have a 1pm appt to go test drive it and check it out. My pre-order, according to Lincoln Cust. Service, shows an ETA of Mar. 01 not 04.

One very interesting note, ETIS doesn't show this car having even left Hermosillo!!

Edited by Dedonut

Well, the car I've been following, like mine but with the panoramic roof, arrived at the dealer last night. I found out from Lincoln Customer Service before the Sales people knew it had arrived. One of the sales reps went and found it and put a temp. Sold sign on it. He'll check tomorrow to make sure no one has spoken for it. Otherwise, I have a 1pm appt to go test drive it and check it out. My pre-order, according to Lincoln Cust. Service, shows an ETA of Mar. 01 not 04.

One very interesting note, ETIS doesn't show this car having even left Hermosillo!!

Curious, if the car is spoken for. I don't think they are allowed to let you test drive it. Let's say you pre ordered a car and it arrived. Would you want some one test driving it? Well that's what my dealer said to me unless that other car arrived and hasn't been spoken for. I just said this because there is a * sold * sign on it unless I misread :P

"Curious, if the car is spoken for. I don't think they are allowed to let you test drive it. Let's say you pre ordered a car and it arrived. Would you want some one test driving it? Well that's what my dealer said to me unless that other car arrived and hasn't been spoken for. I just said this because there is a * sold * sign on it unless I misread."

You did misunderstand. He put the 'sold' sign on it so i could see it first ..... as long as it isn't spoken for. He'll make certain it isn't before I even go there.

"Curious, if the car is spoken for. I don't think they are allowed to let you test drive it. Let's say you pre ordered a car and it arrived. Would you want some one test driving it? Well that's what my dealer said to me unless that other car arrived and hasn't been spoken for. I just said this because there is a * sold * sign on it unless I misread."

You did misunderstand. He put the 'sold' sign on it so i could see it first ..... as long as it isn't spoken for. He'll make certain it isn't before I even go there.

Ah ok that's nice of him. Yeah there was a fully loaded MKZ about 3 weeks ago. It was spoken for otherwise they would have let me test it out. They just got it in and the buyer came in and took it. Still no other MKZ around the various dealers within 100miles. From what I've read there seems to be a few MKZ around but I haven't seen any. lol maybe that's a good thing, I think I would probably follow it every where it went.

Edited by Serraph

My car has made it to PHX !!! It is being offloaded from rail for truck transport to the dealership now for ETA 2/23. Interestingly Tanner's car had same ETA as mine (2/18) up until a few days ago but his went for an additional inspection it seems. His was actually built a few days before this one. Anyway thought I'd post something since it may be close.

Dedonut, hope it works out for you today..... get the one you want, you're so close either way !

Cheers

Dedonut, hope it works out for you today..... get the one you want, you're so close either way !

Thanks for the good wishes, Tatonka, and you're absolutely right about getting it right when I'm so close. You're also getting close. :-)

My only small regret is that they aren't both here to see side-by-side. I had concerns about the Sacramento summer heat and so much glass but I want to see it and see if I also think there line-of-site issues with the large support pillars. But with the rear-view camera and BLIS, not sure why it would be a problem. Think I'm more interested in the overall look of the car with the Pano Roof.

I'll post after I hear from the Sales Rep on whether it's spoken for or I can go see it today.

I decided to call Lincoln Customer Service yesterday. I've been relying on my Sales Rep and mkztracker for my info. The fellow I talked to was really helpful. He's the one who told me this car today had already been delivered - another case of we on the Forum know something before the Dealership does. But, in fairness, the Dealership deliveries go to a site a few miles away for prep so the Sales Rep had to check the system and go confirm that it was actually there. He was amazed that I knew it was there and had the VIN. :-)

Anyway, the Lincoln Customer Service Rep was great. We talked for quite awhile, he gave me his name, days and hours he works, and his direct line and ext. and said to call him anytime. LOL. He was so great I wish I'd called weeks ago. He reiterated the literally billions Ford has invested in re-establishing the Lincoln brand and how determined they are that these will be right. So, when we get them, they should be the best they've got. :-)

BTW - This car today has a window sticker date of 12/20/2012 so it took 2 months to get to the Dealership.

BTW2 - Have I misunderstood by thinking that Etis would show when the car was on a railcar and the rail info? It still shows just the build dates and all details of the two cart I'm following.

Edited by Dedonut

Why is it taking till the 23rd to get to your dealership. The railyard is 40 miles from your dealership??

Was my first thought too but at this point I'm just going to be happy it's around the corner. Hey maybe they're actually going to under promise and over deliver instead of the other way around !???