MKZ Build Date

Lincoln Customer Service left a message today that ETA to dealership was Monday....so apparently on schedule

That is great to hear, I received a call from Lincoln Customer Service and they are still showing this ETA as well, although when I asked them where my car was, they could not tell me. I said Ramp 54, and they were like "What is Ramp 54" i love dealing with uninformed people such a pleasant experience. Anyway I hope we both get great news on Monday, if you want send me an email with your cell and we can stay in touch.

Lincoln Customer Service left a message today that ETA to dealership was Monday....so apparently on schedule

TaTonka, got an email from my dealer.... Now I am not sure that I am buying what he is saying but..... according to him our cars are not going on the train, but are being put on trucks for the short trip to Phoenix. So bottom line is they could actually leave Monday and be here in 6 hours or so, depending on the border crossing in time for our ETA.

Nov. 19, was my Order Date and I pulled together these stages from my Sales Rep's emails. My last car was shipped 2 days after it was released but there's no change registered on Etis today. However, Monday isn't a holiday in Mexico. :-)

STAGE STATUS LOCATION DATE EST'D DELIVERY DATE

In Order Processing Unscheduled - Clean Nov-19-2012, 19:43 EST

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week - of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-03-2013, 12:04 EST

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (2013-02-04) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-12-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (2013-02-04) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-24-2013

In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-31-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Production Produced Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-09-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01i03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-12-2013, 12:15 MT *Feb-25-2013

Awaiting Shipment Released Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-14-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

Edited by Dedonut

Just called and my car will arrive in Flat Rock tomorrow evening. Hopefully Tuesday (19th) car off-loaded and inspection process starts. I'm starting to believe they can really get it to me by the 25th, as long as the inspection is expeditiously processed and loaded on a truck by Friday.

TaTonka, got an email from my dealer.... Now I am not sure that I am buying what he is saying but..... according to him our cars are not going on the train, but are being put on trucks for the short trip to Phoenix. So bottom line is they could actually leave Monday and be here in 6 hours or so, depending on the border crossing in time for our ETA.

TaTonka, just saw a MKZ Hybrid roll off at Sanderson yesterday. It was not even clean and there was a guy in the front seat with a Salesman buying the car literally hours after it hit the ground. Amazing. Anyway make sure your pinging me tomorrow if you get any news on your car please. I will do the same!!

TaTonka, just saw a MKZ Hybrid roll off at Sanderson yesterday. It was not even clean and there was a guy in the front seat with a Salesman buying the car literally hours after it hit the ground. Amazing. Anyway make sure your pinging me tomorrow if you get any news on your car please. I will do the same!!

Will do ! It won't let me email you through this forum because I don't have enough posts but I can view . Drop me your info and I will just email etc directly.

These crappy salesman are going to be having a party as soon as the trucks start pulling in. Haha

Best conversation ever with my Lincoln Customer Care Representative. Ah good afternoon Mr..... this is Joette from Lincoln I wanted to follow up with you on the status of your car. So it appears that your car went into production on the 7th(really, cause according to ETIS it completed production on the 7th), and so now we are in a 28 day period called Awaiting Shipment. Not sure that I understand you told me my estimated time arrival was the 18th(which by the way is TODAY!!!!). Oh no Sir, ETA is the estimated time arrival for the car to finish production. Oh really?? See I have some other friends and their cars are all on their way to Flat Rock to be QA'd and then delivered so how is it that my car took 11 days to finish the production line and theirs did not? Hmm sorry Sir, I am not sure.... (Yeah no kidding). Ok so when do you forsee me getting my car? Well typically that is 28 days plus your production date. So your saying I wont see this car until mid March??

ARE YOU &*($&*(%&)(#*$&)#( kidding me???

Edited by tanner83

The ETIS website actually shows the build date, not production completion date. not that this is really important or helps matters...when your tracker status was "Scheduled to Day (Feb-07-2013)" that was the build date as well. It just so happened that your car was built or put into production a couple days early and was completed on the 7th.

On another note...I have reason to believe that most of the ETA's in the tracker system are not really valid at this point. More specifically, for those heading to Flat Rock. I believe this to be true b/c of a dealer bulletin on the 15th of Feb.

It sounds as though your dealers will be getting a seperate email communication (after the inspection) on ETA if you are headed to Flat Rock (in which case the tracker ETA should be disregarded); otherwise, the tracker is accurate for pre-orders being inspected in Mexico.

good luck staying patient to all. please do not drive yourself crazy people...it is well worth the wait, and you will regret spending so much time, energy, and consternation on the cars outcome which clearly you cant control.

Edited by markd4864

Is this still accurate?

Q. What do the dates mean?

A. They represent the various stages of production.

Receipt Date: MS&S (Material Planning & Service – Ford’s Sales Branch) recorded the order. When the order is received from the dealers.

Serialize Date: MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning & Logistics – Ford’s Planning & Procurement Department) and the VIN is created. The order is then received by Material Planning and the parts are ordered.

Segment Date: MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

When they figure what week parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to the vehicle.

Sequence Date: MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle.

Blend Date: MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day. When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: VO (Vehicle Operations – Ford’s Manufacturing Branch) finished assembling the vehicle. Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers shipping. Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck).

Ship Date: The vehicle left the Assembly Plant. Your unit has left the load site, and is on its way to the dealer.

Arrival Date: The Dealership received the vehicle. Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The Customer picked up the vehicle. You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers.

good luck staying patient to all. please do not drive yourself crazy people...it is well worth the wait, and you will regret spending so much time, energy, and consternation on the cars outcome which clearly you cant control.

Mine would have to leave today from Hermosillo to make the 7 day railcar trip and be in No. CA on the 25th.

Hey Mark thanks again for your assistance and words of encouragement. I hope your right. I have no doubt that the car will be worth the wait, heck I spent the past four months driving every thing I could find and never came close to finding another car that had all the things I wanted at the price the MKZ was. Actually couldn't find a car even above the price of the MKZ. Saying that I seriously doubt that I will ever do a pre order process again as this has soured my perspective on the process, granted this is my first pre order. Never owned a Ford or Lincoln before so it is sad that this has colored my perception as well. I would say though that my perception is tenured by the great actions of you and others from Lincoln and Ford. Good people doing what they can for others.

I will try to remain positive, I have reached out to my dealership to make sure we are staying close to the inventory manager on these car arrivals. You know on another topic we will need to get a photo site up and running when we all start getting our cars. Excited to see everyone's!!!

All the other dates are reliable its just the ETA. Dealers have been told "to ignore the ETA" until the inspection is complete in flat rock, at which time they'll receive a seperate communication with an ETA. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ...

Mark,

With that being said, mine arrives at Flat Rock tomorrow which is still 6 days prior to the ET 25 Feb. How long do you think inspection will be? Is it still possible for them to meet the 25th?

The ETIS website actually shows the build date, not production completion date. not that this is really important or helps matters...when your tracker status was "Scheduled to Day (Feb-07-2013)" that was the build date as well. It just so happened that your car was built or put into production a couple days early and was completed on the 7th.

On another note...I have reason to believe that most of the ETA's in the tracker system are not really valid at this point. More specifically, for those heading to Flat Rock. I believe this to be true b/c of a dealer bulletin on the 15th of Feb.

It sounds as though your dealers will be getting a seperate email communication (after the inspection) on ETA if you are headed to Flat Rock (in which case the tracker ETA should be disregarded); otherwise, the tracker is accurate for pre-orders being inspected in Mexico.

Finally back in the states, I so agree with you about being patient. We have about another 2 weeks for out ETA. We need pix from those that received theirs.

Too late. I've already driven myself crazy over this and am looking for a way out.

It's not worth that, xgman. The way out? Just tell the Sales Rep you're no longer interested in waiting and will look for something else in stock somewhere.

That might not be a bad idea. This whole thing has been the worst car experience ever, and I've bought a whole lot of cars in my lifetime.