MKZ Build Date

Not sure what they're doing vs. what they're saying. This was the most recent email I got from my Sales Rep, showing a history. However, the car was actually produced, and the window sticker generated, on Jan. 31st. My understanding, which may not be correct, is that the build date is on the window sticker and that the sticker isn't generated until it is built. Kirby will know more about that than I do. Now I'm hoping that Feb-25-2013 is estimated delivery date.

In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-31-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-25-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-25-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-18-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-18-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-12-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-12-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-08-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-11-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-04-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-03-2013, 12:04 EST *Feb-25-2013

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Nov-19-2012, 19:43 EST

If look at it it shows sent to production on 1/31. This just means a released from the system order.

Look closer and is says " scheduled to week 2/4". Then states "scheduled to day 2/8".

My guess is that actual build is on Friday and that 2/25 is indeed the expected date of arrival at the dealership. Sounds like you'll be cruising by March !

The date on the sticker I believe is the date released to production, not the build date. If they stick to the original schedule, then yes, all these will be built in the next several days and hit late February. I also think the Ford ETIS site gets updated once the car is actually built, so it may serve the purpose of confirming the build if nothing else.

I thought the window sticker wasn't generated until the car was actually built.

My Sales Rep said yesterday that my car and another just like it, but with the pano roof, are sitting side by side in Hermosillo. That car was built Dec-20-2012 and is still sitting there. She said they should both arrive together. I want to see both of them before I decide which one to take. The pano roof car isn't a Special Order.

It just dawned on me last night, I'm the only woman on this forum. Wonder why that is?

LOL. TY. BTW- Are you anywhere near the Blarney Stone? :-)

Because you want to take control of your environment and be the leader and not the follower?

Because you want to actually get solutions to your problems, and not just be listened to?

Because you have great taste and understand the quality of men on this forum?

Please take your pick...... ROFL LMAO

Checking ETiS everyday this week, nothing yet. Tanner let me know if you get confirmation that your beautiful Bordeaux car was completed. Seems that our cars will be on the same train/truck.

PS my dealership is lame. I'm telling THEM when to expect my car, his response "take that date with a grain of salt, it could be an extra week". Way to underwhelm buddy!

Checking ETiS everyday this week, nothing yet. Tanner let me know if you get confirmation that your beautiful Bordeaux car was completed. Seems that our cars will be on the same train/truck. PS my dealership is lame. I'm telling THEM when to expect my car, his response "take that date with a grain of salt, it could be an extra week". Way to underwhelm buddy!

I would have to agree with you... Fiesta is a pretty lame dealership. I went to all three during this process. Hopefully you are not working with Joey, cause he is a total idiot. My build day was today, and so far I do not see any change in ETIS. I will definately let you know when I see any changes...

I just found out this morning that my car was issued Priority 01 status. How does this priority status affect the timing. Sorry, you guys probably already discussed "priority" but the discussion has been a mumble to me while I've been bummed out setting sidelines with a build delay.

At this stage it probably doesn't matter. I found this about Ford's priority codes:

2. Priority Codes. This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. Its also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheduled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore.

The codes start at 1 and run to 99. A dealer can only assign between 10 and 99. A 99 order can't be schuduled. I use these for people that tell me to get them a unit on date (later than normal orders take). I put in a 99'd order so I have what they wanted in the system and don't forget about it and then change it to a build able priority when time comes they're ready for the truck. The region (or other Ford divisions) can prioritize below 10, I've only seen a 01 priority below 10. They do this in the event of something unusual, most orders never see a priority 01. An example is if they're manually scheduling (like the First F-150 for each dealer, or first year T Birds) or if its something that needs to be urgent (first order destroyed in shipping, etc). Again I normally only see this a few times a year. Also if you do get a priority 01, things usually get scheduled fast even if you have some hard to get commodities (but not hold items). More on commodities later. I believe that the under 10 prioritys go first through the allocation system.

It appears this will be a short production year for the MKZ. An update in Donlen says 2013 MKZ Final Order Date is 04/26/13 and 2014 Initial Order Acceptance is 04/15/13 and 2014 Production Startup is 07/15/13. Hmmm, the 2014s will probably be on the street in Sept. I should think the 2014 production would go smoothly and timely with all the wrinkles worked out in this model year.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx

And didn't this say 18-20 weeks before?

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Edited by Dedonut

I don't know if anyone has seen this but I watched it a couple of years ago and am still fascinated by it. It's a video of the Genk Plant in Belgium that Ford is trying to close but so far has been met with employee resistance. It shows the automated process of building the Mondeo. Genk was/is still? the most advanced plant Ford has. Since this was shot, Ford has put $1.5 billion, I believe, into upgrading production in Mexico, including Hermosillo. I'd love to see a video of the Hermosillo plant in operation.

Edited by Dedonut

It appears this will be a short production year for the MKZ. An update in Donlen says 2013 MKZ Final Order Date is 04/26/13 and 2014 Initial Order Acceptance is 04/15/13 and 2014 Production Startup is 07/15/13. Hmmm, the 2014s will probably be on the street in Sept. I should think the 2014 production would go smoothly and timely with all the wrinkles worked out in this model year.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx

And didn't this say 18-20 weeks before?

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Yes it is going to be a short model year. Still they have to wait for the ok to buy. I think that's just the initial pre orders for the 2014.

It was 18-20 weeks before. Seems they are getting them out faster now that things have settled down.

If you have 50minutes to kill while waiting for new forum topics or news on Linclon MKZ, here is a good video on Ford assembly plant from making a car start to finish.