MKZ Build Date

It would appear, if I'm reading this right, that it showed up on Etis, not on shipping date, but on the build date.

"Here is mine SMSGT;

Ordered - Oct/2012 - Reserve Package - Bordeaux exterior/Dune Interior

Oct/2012 - Jan/2013 - TBD NO COMMUNICATIONS

26 Jan 2013 / Scheduled to week 2/4/2013

28 Jan 2013 / Scheduled to day 2/7/2013

30 Jan 2013 / Sent to Production to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-7-2013 ETA Feb-18-2013

31 Jan 2013 / Window sticker; date at the bottom is 1/30/13 http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3LN6L2LUXDR807932

8 Feb 2013 / Official build Date (ETIS)

8 Feb 2013 / Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01l03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-08-2013, 01:00 MT *Feb-18-2013"

The card came FedEx, not USPS, did you check the place your deliveries are usually placed?

Do you have the window sticker?

Have the sticker and car should be built today, but no fed ex anything. Guess I'm out of luck. I wish I knew who to call.

I just went back and looked yet again. So if my window sticker was generated 01/31/13, and the build date is about 7 days then shouldn't it have been built 02/07 or 02/08 and be on Etis by now?

You are likely 2/9 with most of us then or either ETIS may show up Monday.

You're right - Latest update:

In Production Produced Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-09-2013, 00:00 EST *Feb-25-2013

Will check Etis tomorrow. Feb-25 is anticipated delivery date to the dealer.

Congrats...same delivery ETA with most of us. After the 25th, man this place is going to be crazy

I think it is less about order date, and more about production date. So it appears that when MKZ says "scheduled to day" that is the actual day that the car completes its build. The next day(so for me that was the 7th) my car information came up on ETIS. Also the next day(8th) we all received an update from MKZ and mine said Awaiting Shipment which tells me it is either on the ramp awaiting loading or going somewhere other than the plant. If my hopes are confirmed it means it is sitting on the ramp waiting to be loaded on a rail car.

Tanner any word on movement of your car? I haven't seen/heard anything.

where is your car today? Is it going to Flat Rock or local inspection or is it on the way to your dealer already?

It was build 2-09-13 and was sent to Flat Rock, I have ETA date of 3-04-13. Which is like almost a month after it was built. Not sure why it would take 2-3 weeks to inspect unless something is wrong and they have to take the car apart( highly unlikely). Seems every one else is getting their car 2 weeks earlier not including the ones that were inspected in Hermosillo.

It was build 2-09-13 and was sent to Flat Rock, I have ETA date of 3-04-13. Which is like almost a month after it was built. Not sure why it would take 2-3 weeks to inspect unless something is wrong and they have to take the car apart( highly unlikely). Seems every one else is getting their car 2 weeks earlier not including the ones that were inspected in Hermosillo.

Mine hasn't even left for Flat Rock yet and has a 2/25 date to get to Maryland. I think you should get yours by the end of next week unless something is off we don't know about.

Mine hasn't even left for Flat Rock yet and has a 2/25 date to get to Maryland. I think you should get yours by the end of next week unless something is off we don't know about.

It's not, confirmed with dealer and Lincoln that it won't get to the dealer until 3-4-13 unless things change. I hope it gets faster but we'll see. Haven't seen any MKZ here yet but there was one sold at my dealer.

Seems you have an ETA date of 2-25, wait til tomorrows update from MKZtracker and see where it is. I think it will be on rails by then heading to Flat Rock for the final inspections.

Edited by Serraph

Once on the rail, it takes right at 1 week to get from Hermosillo to Markham, IL. Mine left of the 7th and scheduled to arrive on the 14th. It could be a day early as it is only 35 miles away from destination and leaves tonight.

Edited by SMSgt B

Stentgraf: "I don't recall someone has probably already stated this but there appears to be a corollary between when the window sticker is produced and when the car is built. The sticker seems to be produced first about seven calendar days prior to when the build date shows in ETIS. To further this premise it appears that from the sticker date to delivery takes 27 days and the delivery from the ETIS date takes about 20 days.

Ah deductive reasoning you have to love it. I wonder if I should have been a detective instead of a computer geek."

My sticker date is Jan-31-2013, my build date was Feb. 08 and back on Jan. 19th in the MKZ Build Date Forum I estimated my car would arrive at the dealer Feb. 26 to 28.

We need to start a new Forum on Railcar Routes and Tracking with all the work Tanner and Sarg have done. I've added a bit on No. CA.

tanner83

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Hi Guys I spotted this over in another thread, thought I would post here. I guess at some point in time we will get a Rail Car assignment for our cars. It appears you can track the train this way...

Here are instructions that I copied from a prior post and saved to an email in case I needed it for my shipment, have seen comments from others that yes it works, so give it a try.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

tanner83

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Ok, I think I confirmed my theory SMSGT, I called UP's automated number at 800 255 4915, follow the prompts to trace and then say clearly ETTX810011. When I did this I got Departure County Line Feb 9th (so today), en Route, Marcomm, IL, ETA Feb 14th. I am not sure I got the city in Illinois correct hard to make out. Anyway I think that is the deal guys. When the cars leave Hermasillo they are initially on CSX. When they hit the US(probably in Nogales, AZ) they are dropped off and Union Pacific picks them up. So initially you will call CSX to track from Hermasillo to Nogales and then UP from Nogales to where ever(but it may go back to CSX east of the Mississippi).

SMSgt B

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Trying to figure out specifically what path our car is traveling on its way to IL, I came across this weather station map that you can use to possibly track your car's path. I noticed these weather stations were along railways and they also had codes like UP675; maybe UP stands for United Pacific. I took the last point where my car was and started tracing it out all the way to Chicago by only using paths listed as UP. Here is what I came up with and here is the link I'm talking about. I can't believe I'm doing this stuff on a Sat night; but it's fun.

http://mesowest.utah...urrTimeChecked=

Station Code Location

EFAW UP308

DURAN UP303

VAUGHW UP968

DAVIS UP300 SANTA ROSA, NM

NSTNOS UP355

ARVID UP273

TCMCRI UP441 TUCUMCARI, NM

OBAR UP377 TEXAS LINE

ROMERO UP453

KING UP458

DALHART KDHT DALHART, TX

CHBRNL UR096

CONLEN UP296

STEVNS UP415 STRATFORD, TX

TXHOMA UP424 TEXHOMA, OK

GOODWL UP320 GOODWELL, OK

GUYMON KGUY GUYMON, OK

OPTIMA UP383 TYRONE, OK

LIBERAL KLBL LIBERAL, KS

SHMRCK UP407

HOBART UP332

DW9907 BLOOM DW9907

GRNBRG UP323 GREENSBURG, KS

WELFRD UP430

PRATT MUN KPYY PRATT, KS

TURON UP423

PRTRGT UP394

HUTCHINSON MUN KHUT HUTCHINSON, KS

GRVLND UP324

MCPHERSON KMPR MCPHERSON, KS

GALVA UP317

DURHAM UP304

HERNTN UP330 HERINGTON, KS

LATMIR UP349

VOLLND UP428

MAPLHL UP360 TOPEKA, KS

GRANTI UP250

BUCKI UP091

LINWDL UP054

FORLKI UP020

ETON UP911 KANSAS CITY, MO

BUCKNR UP904

MYRICK UP926

BLOSER UP901

MRSHLL UP925 MARSHALL, MO

BLKWTR UP900

BNVILE UP902 BOONVILLE,MO

OVERTN UP928

ALGOA1 UP895 JEFFERSON CITY, MO

BONML1 UP903

WSNTN1 UP936 WASHINGTON, MO

GRSMT1 UP915 GRAY SUMMIT, MO

EURKA1 UP912 EUREKA, MO

GARD UP318 ST. LOUIS, MO

WALSHJ UP814

NOKOMS UP452 NOKOMIS, IL

EW1303 PANA E1303 PANA, IL

KIRKVL UP343

BURBON UP775

BONGRD UP773

ROYAL UP806

GOODWI UP045

WTSKA1 UP817 WATSEKA,IL

GRPTK1 UP787 GRANT PARK, IL

CRETE1 UP298 CHICAGO, IL

Dedonut

And for anyone interested in the railcar shipment from Mexico to Northern California, it’s a 7 day trip:

Hermosillo, MX, Ferrocarril, Mexicano

Nogales, AZ, Junction Point, begin Union Pacific RR

Aldona, AZ

Tucson, AZ

Maricopa, AZ

Yuma, AZ

Salvia, CA

W. Colton, CA

Bakersfield, CA

Saco, CA

Fresno, CA

Stockton, CA