2013 ESCAPE-NO REAR BRAKE, TURN, OR BRAKE L.E.D.LIGHTS

IPSONDN1

JUST RECEIVED MY 2013 ESCAPE SEL 2.0. GREAT VEHICLE BUT EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED THAT THIS ALL NEW ESCAPE DOES NOT HAVE L.E.D.

LIGHTS FOR THE BRAKE,TAIL,OR TURN SIGNALS. THE EXPLORER HAS THEM,& MOST VEHICLES NOW INCORPORATE THEM IN THEIR CARS. EVEN FOREIGN VEHICLES (KIA-TOYOTA ETC.) UTILIZE L.E.D LIGHTING. THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD TIME TO UTILIZE THEM IN THE 2013 ESCAPE.

You'll find that most smaller vehicles on the market today still do not incorporate a full array of LED lighting. My Edge doesn't have rear LEDs either. :shrug: As long as the reflector pattern is pleasing, I'm okay with it for now. It's one of those design elements that are in transition, much like projector headlights. Some vehicles have em now. More will in the future.

TRANSITMAN, I ALWAYS USE CAPS ONLY (AT MY AGE THEIR EASIER TO SEE) IF PEOPLE DON,T LIKE IT THATS TO BAD. I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS FOR FREELY EXPRESSING ONES OPINION, ALTHOUGH THE FILAMENT TYPE BULBS ARE NO BIG DEAL, I STILL BELIEVE THE ALL NEW ESCAPE SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED L.E.D,S.

Edited by IPSONDN1

didn,t know i was yelling, i,ll try to fit in better- also have a 98 explorer v6 & 2005 explorer v8 & thought all new meant all new. now have 300 miles on the 2013 with no problems. cant believe the tourqe & power from the 2.0 eco boost engine, amazing & quiet. all have a nice day

• 5 months later...