Screen Protector for MFT?

deadman64

Okay, let's clear the air! Seems to be a lot of confusion so here's my perspective of the situation:

There are three different products here: SYNC with MyFord, Voice-Activated Navigation, and SYNC with MyFord Touch. Let's start with the easiest: SYNC with MyFord

SYNC with MyFord

• This option is the most basic and because you do not get the 8" touch screen you can NOT add any of the following features that require it to work to your vehicle: Rear Video Camera, Voice-Activated Navigation
  • Since SYNC with MyFord does come with SYNC with MyFord services you'll get 411 business search, personalized sport scores, news, horoscopes, traffic reports, turn-by-turn driving directions (it will speak to you), calendar, weather, movies, stocks, favorites and traffic report for your current location or en route to a personal address point like "Home" or "Work" Please note weather is just for your location or the location you pre-set as home/work. You will not get ANY weather you want
  • You will NOT be able to input a destination with your voice. Destinations must be on your phone or pre-sent to the vehicle
  • You will NOT get 3D maps or any maps of that matter...This is the NON-GPS version as in you do not have the touch screen so you get the small screen, THUS NO GPS-TOM TOM NAGIVATION-LIKE SYSETM
  • The service is complimentary for 3 years
  • You CAN ask it for directions with the MyFord Services. It's similar to GM's OnStar solution. You can ask it for a restaurant or any other POI. It uses your connected cell phone to transmit data to and from the car. You will need a data plan on your phone for this to work. It will then use your phones data plan to download the directions to the car for audio instructions. This is part of the 3 year trial and the $60 per year price tag thereafter. (courtesy of JSKershaw)

SYNC with MyFord Touch

• Having this option requires the technology package which includes other features and allows further optional features to be added to your car such as Rear View Camear and Voice-Activated Navigation (more on this next)
  • Including all the SYNC features I just mentioned you now get 2 customizable dual 4.2-inch cluster screens
  • You get the 8" customizable touch screen allowing for easier control of your vehicle and its features: climate, navigation, entertainment, and phone. You get greater control and customizability of what is in your forward dash area where your speedometer is.
  • You can now talk to your vehicle and say things like "climate 72 degrees" or "radio tune to serius 101 whatever" you may now "talk" to your car in more ways than just voice-activated phone calling and dialing. So radio-activated dialing is available now
  • You can now transfer your phones contact photos to your phone
  • You can now get HD radio and voice-activated sirius radio.
  • You can now create internet connectivity wifi-hotspots in your vehicle
  • You now get SD card slot and 2 USB drive slots along with RCA jacks (for playstation 3, camera, whatever)
  • Most importantly: 3D maps and that TOM-TOM/CELL PHONE GOOGLE MAPS REPLACEMENT. Now your car has "REAL" GPS built in. If you don't think you need this then think to yourself..what if you bought a TOM-TOM and it just talked to you after you typed in an address...no visuals...or what if you had Google Maps on your android phone and you just had a black screen without showing you any directions...if you think you like to travel like that on vacation then dont get this..but if you want a real navigation experience...then you need this. If you want a real navigation experience PLUS THE "UNIQUE" ABILITY TO TALK TO YOUR GPS TO TELL IT WHERE TO TAKE YOU THEN MOVE ON TO #3

VOICE-ACTIVATED NAVIGATION

• The only way to get Sirius XM Travel Link. This allows you to get any weather (local and national- not just local weather or home/work weather) with radar images and forecasted weather as well not just what the weather is right now; fuel prices, sports scores and weekly schedules, movie listings, movie start times and ratings; and you get stock informatio
  • FINALLY, VOICE-ACTIVATED NAVIGATION IS IN YOUR VEHICLE. Now you may talk to your car to tell it where to take you using voice-commands. "Find nearest restaurant, take me to the dodgers stadium, find nearest route to whatever" Now you get the ease of talking to your car to tell it where to take you. "Take me to 1234 Fake street" .... TAKING YOU TO 1234 FAKE STREET OR ALBERTSONS GROCERY STORE...stuff like that

So there you go...the options and differences laid out in plain day between the three. If you dont care about the touch screen or voice-activated navigation or dvd player...get SYNC WITH MYFORD...however one step up...adding MyFord Touch opens a world of options to your car..too many to pass up if you ask me....and upgrading another $795 to the voice-activated navigation completes the package and with the sirius xm travel link integrated you no longer need some of the basic sync services offered to people who dont have myford touch.

Hope this clears things up. I got all 3 in my new 2013 Fusion..MyFord Touch and V-A-NAV

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Darke here are a couple of things that needs to be changed to your list above. Most of it is correct, but some not so much.

Under Sync with MyFord: You CAN ask it for directions with the MyFord Services. It's similar to GM's OnStar solution. You can ask it for a restaurant or any other POI. It uses your connected cell phone to transmit data to and from the car. You will need a data plan on your phone for this to work. It will then use your phones data plan to download the directions to the car for audio instructions. This is part of the 3 year trial and the $60 per year price tag thereafter.

The MyFord Touch (with or without Nav) does NOT have a DVD player. Its a single CD/MP3 player. If you want to watch a DVD on the screen you will need the car in Park and connect a DVD player to the RCA ports. I believe other models have built in DVD players but not the 2013 Fusion.

The only reason why anyone would pay the $795 price tag for the Navigation is so it's not phone dependent. It has all the map and POI data stored on the SD Card and the traffic data will come from Sirrus. The speed in finding a location or POI is much faster to load and having the on screen prompts and illustrations make it easier to use. If you're travelling in weak cell coverage areas or between countries (Canada/USA) then you will not have to worry about roaming charges on your cell phone for navigating. All the data is stored locally.

Everything else you had typed is pretty much correct.

Darke here are a couple of things that needs to be changed to your list above. Most of it is correct, but some not so much.

Under Sync with MyFord: You CAN ask it for directions with the MyFord Services. It's similar to GM's OnStar solution. You can ask it for a restaurant or any other POI. It uses your connected cell phone to transmit data to and from the car. You will need a data plan on your phone for this to work. It will then use your phones data plan to download the directions to the car for audio instructions. This is part of the 3 year trial and the $60 per year price tag thereafter.

The MyFord Touch (with or without Nav) does NOT have a DVD player. Its a single CD/MP3 player. If you want to watch a DVD on the screen you will need the car in Park and connect a DVD player to the RCA ports. I believe other models have built in DVD players but not the 2013 Fusion.

The only reason why anyone would pay the $795 price tag for the Navigation is so it's not phone dependent. It has all the map and POI data stored on the SD Card and the traffic data will come from Sirrus. The speed in finding a location or POI is much faster to load and having the on screen prompts and illustrations make it easier to use. If you're travelling in weak cell coverage areas or between countries (Canada/USA) then you will not have to worry about roaming charges on your cell phone for navigating. All the data is stored locally.

Everything else you had typed is pretty much correct.

Made the changes...but I called ford and the guy was really stupid. I asked him why you can't play dvds on it anymore and why the integrated 10GB memory for music storage isnt offered anymore and he said its because they've upgraded from a hard-drive based navigation system to a SD-card based navigation...i can believe that...although i think ford did that because its cheaper...now they dont need discs or even a hard drive...just a slot to put in a 10mb sd card and thats all it needs cause the maps are all on that....i actually think that's a huge step down...sure its probably as fast as the hard drive based one since its all digital information...but external media is never truly as fast as media built into a system and stored on it to be read...all i see is that making it cheaper for them to create because now they dont need an optical player or hard drive built into the navigation system...

But what he did tell me that was dumb was that the SD card slot is only used for navigation upgrades and if you put an SD card slot in it nothing will be read...im like..that's stupid...it says on the myford touch site

"Bring just about any device along for the ride and listen to it over your sound system. SYNC® has the ports you need to play music from an SD card97 or USB flash drive, making your music library that much more versatile. The SYNC® with MyFord Touch® media hub includes two USB ports, an SD card slot and even RCA connectors.97 Just plug and play."

So he clearly doesnt know what he's talking about..why would they include an SD card slot with the RCA jacks and USB ports you couldnt use?...I'm learning that people at Ford don't really know much as far as the features go on their vehicles..and whats worse is he didnt know so he asked someone else and THEY told him this info...just sad..a company offering so much to the public that they ( A ) don't train their employees on the products they sell and are providing customer assistance for and ( B ) in all the technological ways that actually mean something to me like playing DVDs, ambient lighting, integrated 10GB jukebox to store music in the car have all been stripped away starting with the 2013 version just to sell high-cost premium options like park assist. Taking away features that cost virtually nothing because they are already built into the cars systems and just allow for added convenience functionality is lame. In some ways anyone who has an old 2012- fusion really do have an icon on their hands as the new face of ford is both more expensive and less intuitive unless you're willing to pay upward to $4,000+ for those features. There is really no benefit from going hard drive to SD based navigation except as a downgrade for ford's costs...but with all the expensive options being sold as just that...expensive..it's a downgrade i dont really see justified.

BUT ANYWAY, all sadness aside...can't miss something you never had...only envy those that do have it...This gives other car companies features to add to their cars to make theirs more attractive than Fords that's all. And anyone with a 2012 and under model more reasons to say "look what we can do that you cant with your ass-on martin"

The hard drive jukebox was only added because there was some leftover space on the navigation hard drive after the map data was loaded so they chose to take advantage of it as a jukebox. With the ability to put way more than 10 gb of music on a usb flash drive the hard drive became irrelevant.

The hard drive could fail and if it does you'd have to buy a new head unit. If the SD card fails you just get a new one. If you want to update the map data you must first get a DVD with map data and then load it onto the hard drive. With the SD card you just plug in the new one. It may be cheaper but it's also WAY better.

Why are you going out of your way to complain about every little thing Ford does or doesn't do? Chill!

There is no way you are going to convince me that a hard drive based system is superior to one that uses flash based storage. I'd much rather have an SD card that is easily replaced over a clunker of a hard drive that we all know will fail eventually. If you want additional storage for music a 32GB USB drive can be had for 20 bucks.

The hard drive jukebox was only added because there was some leftover space on the navigation hard drive after the map data was loaded so they chose to take advantage of it as a jukebox. With the ability to put way more than 10 gb of music on a usb flash drive the hard drive became irrelevant.

The hard drive could fail and if it does you'd have to buy a new head unit. If the SD card fails you just get a new one. If you want to update the map data you must first get a DVD with map data and then load it onto the hard drive. With the SD card you just plug in the new one. It may be cheaper but it's also WAY better.

Why are you going out of your way to complain about every little thing Ford does or doesn't do? Chill!

The hard drive based system does not use DVDs for updates. Ford sent out USB drives loaded with updates. The updating process is essentially the same.

There is no way you are going to convince me that a hard drive based system is superior to one that uses flash based storage. I'd much rather have an SD card that is easily replaced over a clunker of a hard drive that we all know will fail eventually. If you want additional storage for music a 32GB USB drive can be had for 20 bucks.

I know external media can be used..it could be used with the old systems too. I'm talking about the convenience of having my music put into the vehicle to select and listen to whenever I choose. Also, you both sound like you have had experience with hard drive based navigations failing? Correct me if i'm wrong but most navigation systems today are hard drive based...and i dont really hear gps navigation screens exploding or failing as anything on the top 50 list of car problems people are facing with new technology...the fact is the technology just works..just like you could argue other features of the fusion are reliable and just work. These systems were made for vehicles in motion so they just work...so reliability really isnt an issue..i'd make the assumption that MICROSOFTS SYNC would fail and freeze and turn over on it self before the hard drive ever failed once...and we all know the myford touch problems people have faced in the past and some are still facing today..software...is unreliable..hardware-when built for what it needs to be used for correctly just works.

So with the whole SD/Hard drive speech on which is more reliable out of the way as i think that's a really negligent argument...we're looking at internal storage in the car vs. not having that storage.. The argument isnt even which is WAY better as the SD card only holds map data...the hard drives hold map data....CD's hold map data..i dont think GPS lag is a common problem and if it has been on fusions in the past...please let me know if this car has had more shortcomings than i'm aware of....the fact is its just CHEAPER...the only other benefit is its easier to update the maps...slide one SD card out and slide a new one in you've paid for...these maps are costing $895 to buy (you get the MTF touch screen nav and a bonus 110V outlet with rearview camera)...thats a lot of money for an optional SD card with maps on it.

The truth is..even if 10 GB doesnt seem like a lot for you for music or you have 32GB SD drives you can use for music..the truth is...its the convenience that adds on to the value of the purchase...spending a lot of money on an SD card with 3D maps is one thing...spending the same amount on a system that lets you play movies, store music and photos in the car and show 3D maps is another...and if you'd give up all those options for the prior then who looks stupid? You're both just justifying assumptions on the SD card being better performance wise...but the truth is you wont see any performance differences because it will work just as it has on the 2012 vehicles. No difference in performance or reliability.. and believe me...if your navigation fails it wont be the SD card that needs replacing it'll be the unit for not reading the data or whatever malfunctions it has...so assuming any failures will be remedied by popping in a new flash media costing so much seems illogical..

The truth is convenience adds value to anything. Convenience is what sells cars whether it's in performance or options or what comes standard and when you make things harder and more consuming for the customer value is decreased..at least in their mind. "Why get this when this other car can do this and that and also has this?" ..and while you're thinking this isnt a big deal, i know its not a big deal..im not saying it is...im just saying i wish they didnt DOWNGRADE their system because no matter how you try to justify it as simple, it just isnt...it adds nothing new...it just takes away...the old system was updated with USB drives no different than these SD versions when it comes to plug and play or plug and update...the only thing now is i have to keep a USB drive in my car 24/7 to have the convenience of storing my music in the car. i just wished my car already came with as it would have a year before...that's all..i have to shop for a small usb drive to keep in the hole because the whole point is not plugging something into my car everytime i get in and having something to forget..the point is not having something to lose or have accidentally break sticking up in my middle console...the point is simple..im just saying hard drive offered more than SD.

So yeah you two...i'm not complaining im just overstating something that bugged me...i can have my own opinions right? Yeah ill find an SD card to keep in the car thats 64GB or whatever and spend $40on it. just saying it would of been nice if a $895 system came with more as it did...back in the day? ..or 2+ months ago? Fords the one saying COMPARE US TO AN AUDI OR MORE EXPENSIVE VEHICLE..well the truth is those vehicles have hard drive jukeboxes built in and so do other midsized cars now. Just cause you two don't have any experience or care using it doesn't mean one other people in America don't care? I'm a man of luxury and there's nothing luxury to brag about having a SD based navigation system versus a car that can play DVDs and store my music internally..just saying.

Oh..and on a side note..I have a question for missleman. How long have you had your 2001 Ford Ranger? And when was the last time your GPS system had to be replaced in your vehicle. You say "we all know will fail eventually" but honestly...no...i dont know..you're the first person i've heard this from so i take it you've had to replace your entire unit..how much did it cost and what was wrong with it? Keep in mind if your system fails, it could be a number of reasons not related to the hard drive... the very same reasons the new SD card system could fail.

No, I simply decided that there is no point in trying to respond to your multi-paragraph drama filled rants that are filled with inaccuracies.

Anybody who would argue that a 10 gb hard drive that can only load music via cds is better than a solid state usb flash drive or sd card that can copy thousands of songs directly from your computer in one step and can hold 3 times as much music simply isn't worth the effort.

Seriously - get a hobby and stop obsessing over a car that you don't even own yet.

No, I simply decided that there is no point in trying to respond to your multi-paragraph drama filled rants that are filled with inaccuracies.

Anybody who would argue that a 10 gb hard drive that can only load music via cds is better than a solid state usb flash drive or sd card that can copy thousands of songs directly from your computer in one step and can hold 3 times as much music simply isn't worth the effort.

You know what...Since you're so into yourself old man why don't you just not reply to anything I say since you don't read before you talk. I won't even comment on how that line above you stated was NOT the point I was getting across and not what I said at all..but you have nothing better to do than scan around these forums thinking you help a lot of people when you're snotty, rude, and arrogant...HA! Are there inaccuracies in what I just said right there? You'd think so, huh? Except for the evidence right there.

Why don't you take your know-it-all, think-you-have-the-answer-to-everyones-question-and-if-someone-diagrees-with-you-you-blast-them-like-the-cranky-old-fart-you-are attitude somewhere else. I didn't join this forum to talk to someone like you. I didn't join this forum to have conversations like this with someone like you and I certainly don't need someone like you telling me what to do..especially since someone like you doesn't have the slightest clue on anything I said.

If you don't want to read my comments don't read them. If you don't have anything positive to add then don't reply to them. But all I've heard out your mouth are personal opinions and assumptions as good as anyone elses left and right all over this thread because you, sir, know as much as anyone else around here no matter how much more you like to think you know. Why don't YOU get a hobby and stop criticizing people over a car that you don't even own yet.

Darke, my 2001 Ford Ranger is about as basic a vehicle as you could get. It doesn't even have power windows much less a navigation system. I bought it as a daily driver while the toy sat in the garage and got driven on weekends. I based my comment on hard drives failing from my experiences with PCs as I'm not privy to car repair statictics. I can't tell how many PC hard drives I've had fail. No part that has heads floating above spinning platters that are rotating at a minimum of 4200 RPM will last forever. If you look at the PC industry the move in laptops is towards SSD drives as they are quicker and less prone to failure from being jostled. I'm sure hard drives used in car navigation systems are built to a more stringent standard but the fact is that it is a technology that is starting to be superseded. Just a couple of years ago it would cost 2K for a NAV system in a car. Today there are many manufacturers that will sell you NAV for under 1K. The technology changes and I'm not buying your argument that a hard drive based system is superior to one that is reliant on a flash drive. As I stated above, I'd much rather be reliant on a SD card that costs peanuts to replace than one with a spinning hard drive. And if I want to have my own music in the car then I'll buy a USB drive and load the music on it and leave it in the car. Heck, just checking on Newegg, I see several 128GB drives that can be bought for under a 100 bucks. I'm thinking 32000 songs might last me a couple of hour long commutes at least.

• Like 1

Darke, my 2001 Ford Ranger is about as basic a vehicle as you could get. It doesn't even have power windows much less a navigation system. I bought it as a daily driver while the toy sat in the garage and got driven on weekends. I based my comment on hard drives failing from my experiences with PCs as I'm not privy to car repair statictics. I can't tell how many PC hard drives I've had fail. No part that has heads floating above spinning platters that are rotating at a minimum of 4200 RPM will last forever. If you look at the PC industry the move in laptops is towards SSD drives as they are quicker and less prone to failure from being jostled. I'm sure hard drives used in car navigation systems are built to a more stringent standard but the fact is that it is a technology that is starting to be superseded. Just a couple of years ago it would cost 2K for a NAV system in a car. Today there are many manufacturers that will sell you NAV for under 1K. The technology changes and I'm not buying your argument that a hard drive based system is superior to one that is reliant on a flash drive. As I stated above, I'd much rather be reliant on a SD card that costs peanuts to replace than one with a spinning hard drive. And if I want to have my own music in the car then I'll buy a USB drive and load the music on it and leave it in the car. Heck, just checking on Newegg, I see several 128GB drives that can be bought for under a 100 bucks. I'm thinking 32000 songs might last me a couple of hour long commutes at least.

I never said one was superior over the other...i dont know why you guys are thinking i said HDD is over SD...and i had a feeling you were talking about HDDs in general and not the navigation systems in cars that are hard drive based. All I was saying was the hard drive based models offered more convenience to fusion purchasers in the past than the current SD one does for new fusion owners.. that's all i was saying... That's why i said disregard any comments on reliability between the two because there just isnt enough information on both to justify saying SD is better performing and lasts longer just as there isnt enough information to say HDD navigation have been a dread in vehicles since the day they were introduced with some dying the day after purchase, others a week later, and others 6 months after...that just hasnt happened or become mainstream..i cant even find any places of people complaining about HDD nav performance...so that's why i said with reliability and performance out of the way just going on the features they provide i'd take a system made to last the life of my car with included dvd playing capabilities and built in jukebox over SD card any day until someone proves SD card is better, faster, and lasts longer...because as of right now the only thing it does is make updating the maps easier...and i cant really see that justified either as the old fusions you just slide in a USB drive and downloaded it to the system and even if that took 30 minutes bing, bang, boom its done.

I'm welcoming the new technology because i have no choice..i want the nav (lol almost said vag) and the tech it comes with...just wish it didnt downgrade what the package used to come with.

Hard drives have moving parts that fail. Ask anybody who works on laptops - they probably fix 2 or 3 a week. SD cards and flash drives are solid state - they don't fail.

The ONLY thing the old DVD based navigation systems had that isn't better on MyFordTouch is the ability to play DVDs without an external player.

It is MUCH easier and faster to rip cds or download music on your computer and put it on a USB flash drive that can hold 32 gb or more than it is to sit there and load audio cds one at a time onto the jukebox. And if your head unit has to be replaced then you have to reload all of that music. I can re copy the flash drive in just a few minutes.

I never said one was superior over the other...i dont know why you guys are thinking i said HDD is over SD

LOL - you said it agaiin n the same paragraph!

i'd take a system made to last the life of my car with included dvd playing capabilities and built in jukebox over SD card any day until someone proves SD card is better, faster, and lasts longer..

SD cards are better, faster and last longer than hard drives. Ask any computer hardware person. You won't be able to buy a hard drive in a few years - everything will be solid state.

Dude lay off my comments..That wasn't even for you. I don't know what your deal is against me, but you're not making me look stupid you're making yourself sound rude and obnoxious. Your assumptions aren't based on facts. I've been in the computer repair industry for over 8 years so you aren't teaching me anything if you think you are. You don't know the first thing about superior or inferior..especially if you talk like this, leaving negligent responses to all of my comments.

You're so ignorant you're blinded by it. How is it easier to have to rip your your music, put it on a drive and have to keep that in your car over just putting the music in your car and you're done with it? Not everyone is even tech savvy. Who may even want to store music on a USB drive..do you do that in your car? Do you know anyone who does that? For most people just sliding in the CD or hooking up an ipod while driving is easier..but if you had your music in your car then thats the easiest cause its "in the system just tune in to it. So take your laughs and sarcasm somewhere else. I'm really getting tired of arguing with you...That comment wasnt even for you..i do believe it said missleman in the quote.

You have absolutely no proof the SD based navigation is better performance wise..do you have timings that the maps load faster? For computers theres a boost, but how do you know for what this car uses it for which is just loading map data the performance is any different? And stop talking about putting music in the car..that is irrelevant to anything..what does ripping speeds have to do with anything?

All SSDs do is replace a hard drive's head disk assembly - the platters and heads - with a lot of flash chips. The rest of the stuff is the same - and that stuff accounts for about half of all drive failures. So the best we can expect is that SSDs could be twice as reliable. But flash isn't that reliable either, especially as feature sizes shrink. It takes ≈20 volts to write NAND flash, which is a lot when insulators are molecules thick. Entire plane failures on flash die are common. And those are only the obvious problems. Bottom line: treat your SSDs as you do hard drives and know that you are only buying performance - not reliability. And until I see comparisons on the performance of this new SD based nav compared to the previous generations I ONCE AGAIN SEE NO BENEFIT except loss in features. Will you be buying a 2013 Ford Fusion 67 years from now? Are you going to keep your car until you die? Then stop acting like its the only thing thing that would make the nav not be a sitting dead black screen in your car...i doubt anyone has suffered from that problem with HDD. Find me a thread in this entire forum website for HDD failure problems with fords.

Hard drives have moving parts that fail. Ask anybody who works on laptops - they probably fix 2 or 3 a week. SD cards and flash drives are solid state - they don't fail.

That is inaccurate and wrong. All drives fail and SSD drives fail for many of the same reasons HDD drives fail. SDD drives may not have movable parts to fail but their flash memory has limitations on how long you can use them. With limited write-cycle lifetimes and slower write speeds it doesnt sound fail proof to me. Traditional hard drives have almost-unlimited write cycles so the data can be erased and written over and over...so don't act like now you're a computer expert...you're not a fusion expert, you're not a computer expert, and you're certainly not smarter than this pre-med and psychology double major who started his own company when he was 21 working with Google, Sony, and other mobile device partners with over 8 years of PC repair and building experience. Let's see your qualifications so I'll have something to LOL to this time... Oh sorry...you're just a cranky old man with nothing better to do then post crap to anything i say. I'm so done with you.

Okay guys, let's calm down. We're all here to discuss these beautiful cars that we all hope to own in the coming weeks.

I think the main reason the HDD was replaced in the fusion and other cars (high end included) is because of the cost, convenience, and the environment. What I mean regarding the environment is the amount of bumps the hard drive will experience in a car. Each bump will contribute to the lower life expectancy of the drive. IMO its easier to service an SD card than a hard drive (including installing new maps).

Anyways, either way works, I do think that the SD card gives the system more versatility, especially for those who do not purchase the navigation add on.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just an FYI and to dig up an old post. I just pulled the trigger in purchasing a screen protector for my Fusion. I grabbed the NuSheild Triple A http://www.nushield.com/. They list the 2013 Fusion now and makes it easier when ordering. I also found a 10% off discount code

KPR%10

Anyways, the main reason for buying one is to limit the amount of finger prints.

Just an FYI and to dig up an old post. I just pulled the trigger in purchasing a screen protector for my Fusion. I grabbed the NuSheild Triple A http://www.nushield.com/. They list the 2013 Fusion now and makes it easier when ordering. I also found a 10% off discount code

Anyways, the main reason for buying one is to limit the amount of finger prints.

Drats, no 2013 MKZ.....

Just get the one for the fusion. They are the same screen size.

Unless you are just being sarcastic, then nevermind :)

lol I am, just killing time waiting for the MKZ. ( twiddles thumbs)

I might order it considering alot of the reviewers' negative comment on the screen.