Global warming stopped 16 years ago

Now you want to play grammar police, instead of exchanging intelligent thought for adiscussion. Talk about efforts that are self-fulfilling.

No. It's just tiresome to try to follow your intended train of thought when grammar and punctuation are so frequently abandoned.

I guess I should consider you incapiable/unwilling to communicate intelligibly.

Babble on and I will just treat your posts as coming from a sixth grader. I can have more patience with the young and immature who lack maturity of thought and understand communication means taking efforts to asssure your recipients receive intelligible messages and not rambling gibberish that doesn't folllow general language rules.

(Rant off)

No. It's just tiresome to try to follow your intended train of thought when grammar and punctuation are so frequently abandoned.

I guess I should consider you incapiable/unwilling to communicate intelligibly.

Babble on and I will just treat your posts as coming from a sixth grader. I can have more patience with the young and immature who lack maturity of thought and understand communication means taking efforts to asssure your recipients receive intelligible messages and not rambling gibberish that doesn't folllow general language rules.

(Rant off)

Well then, let us get to exchancing.

FiredMotorCompany, on 29 Jan 2014 - 4:11 PM, said:
It matters only if your efforts are self fulfilling or intended to exchance intelligent thought for a discussion.
Go on with your babbling self.

Edited by Langston Hughes

My bad.

"Exchange".

I'm not immune....but I think most everyone makes a fat finger mistake. If you feel better for emphasizing the rare occasion...have at it. Mobile phone auto spell correction isn't perfect and has been known to fill in it's suggestions without my input.

Now, how many back and forth retorts will it take for you to accept gentle criticism and request for clarity? My first statement was just asking for some minimal effort to enhance the readability of your comment.

I've made my point and would rather move on to the topic at hand.

Don't be ridiculous. The point is with the models all being wrong we need to re-examine the whole theory before we proceed with spending billions on it.

....or more specifically, re-examine the models used to gauge the theory. Thinking we don't affect the environment at this point is naive.

Edited by NickF1011

....or more specifically, re-examine the models used to gauge the theory. Thinking we don't affect the environment at this point is naive.

Not whether we affect the environment, but whether we affect average global temperatures.

The fact that the Earth has managed to warm and cool by more than 10 degrees F all by itself with NO human intervention whatsoever should tell you that the forces involved here are far bigger and far more complex than we really understand.

Even if you can prove that increased CO2 warms up the atmosphere, you have to consider the other effects that could counteract it - increased cloud cover, increased vegetation, etc.

Also - all of the charts that show CO2 levels vs. temperature show the CO2 levels rising AFTER the temperature increased, not before. A fact that people like to ignore.

• Like 1

Not whether we affect the environment, but whether we affect average global temperatures.

The fact that the Earth has managed to warm and cool by more than 10 degrees F all by itself with NO human intervention whatsoever should tell you that the forces involved here are far bigger and far more complex than we really understand.

Even if you can prove that increased CO2 warms up the atmosphere, you have to consider the other effects that could counteract it - increased cloud cover, increased vegetation, etc.

Also - all of the charts that show CO2 levels vs. temperature show the CO2 levels rising AFTER the temperature increased, not before. A fact that people like to ignore.

Nobody questions that other forces have a large impact on global temperature. The question science is trying to answer is whether or not the additional input of mankind's non-natural emissions could possibly be enough to tip those natural forces past a point of being able to self-regulate. Certainly worth looking into, no?

But nah, a few models were wrong, it's been cool for awhile, we'll be dead before it matters, other countries are worse than us, so what the hay...

Edited by NickF1011

I didn't say nobody was doing anything. But there should still be a push to keep doing more. Sensibly, of course.

Which is exactly what we're saying - sensibly being the key word. Banning SUVs or spending billions promoting electric vehicles is not sensible.

Calling algore.....anyone seen algore?.......

Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday

Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/09/23/antarctic-sea-ice-hit-35-year-record-high-saturday/

• 3 weeks later...

Well here is reality-----------> Look at the long term graphs that our MMGW friends kindly post for us. If you notice, the trend starts up......depending upon which graph they post........in the late 1600s, some in the 1700s, and then some in the 1800s.............and if you look at some who really want to hit the homerun, we are looking at the early 1900 hundreds.

Now let EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US remember, they want to insist it is man made; or a large part of it is, and I am being quite fair in what they claim.

OK all, let us have MMGW alarmists tell all of us-------->at what year did global warming start that is man made.

Let me pick an arbitrary year for sake of argument. How about 1872! Alright, everything after; and including 1872 was MMGW, and prior to that year, we were neutral.

CAN I HAVE AN AMEN for logistic purposes to push forth this experiment?

So then, we have the year that things went South, (and our MMGW friends can interject any year they wish besides 1872 as their CUSP year) and to achieve the levels they need to REVERSE the trend, we have to work our way back to that era.

QUESTION-------->how many autos need be junked to do that? How many homes need their furnaces removed? How many farm animals need be killed to stop their flatulence? How many power fossil fuel power plants need be shut down? How many humans need be eliminated to create the balance that what remains will be enough to support the remaining world population reasonably?

Whom among you is going to enter the chamber of death to save the planet so the remaining resources used will NOT force MMCC to carry on? How many of you are going to go back to 1600s style living, just so everyone can survive........maybe?

And their solution is? A TAX?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Sounds kinda underwhelming, doesn't it. You would think with the world coming to an end, everything flooding, it is all your fault, your evil for driving a car........they could come up with something better than a TAX to fix this terrible, life as we know it, all powerful issue that is destroying us right in front of our very eyes problem; now wouldn't you?

Does anyone here, any ONE person, actually believe that if these politicians knew that their children were going to die.........especially the women in power no less.....the best they could come up with is a TAX?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Everyone who believes that is the best thing a woman with children could come up with, knowing that SHE knows if something dramatic doesn't happen, her children will DIE......pahleeze, raise your hand-) (and if you think women in power are useless, helpless, and hopeless......along with incompetent and dumb, please tell us, along with explaining why they are.......cause that will be one I will post in every forum I can find)

I can sit here all day and tell you what I think of their policies, and call them ridiculous. But I take a different tact. Look at what all these MMGW, MMCC people tell you what is happening, then look at their solutions.

This does NOT mean that honest advocates of MMGW do not have a platform.........even though less and less people are buying into it. What it does mean is that their solutions make absolutely no sense, and they are being sold a bill of goods; that they then try and sell to everyone else, that has no logic in base form.

If taxing up the wazoo was the way to fix everything, the USSR would be the most powerful entity the world has/had ever seen. We all are aware of how that worked out for them, so don't you MMGW advocates think it is time for a different tact? Or rather do you think that humans memory is so short, you can push this one by without anyone noticing?

Maybe what some say is true--------> "the old RED movement, is now the GREEN movement." I used to doubt it; but now I am not so sure!

Edited by Imawhosure

Has anyone of these climate scientists been proven correct in their predictions from 20 years ago?

1994 isn't that far ago. Did anyone predict 25% greater ice in Antarctica by this time?

Oh, are you going to excuse them with, "but the data has only recently been available, so we couldn't have been able to do that. You must wait 20 years from now to see we were right., but, if you do, we're doomed, so we must do everything now as if we are right, because the alternative we are presenting is too horrendous to ignore. Keep funding our research until we retire and THEN you can judge our accuracy, except if you take any/all of the steps we recommend and propose, you have altered the future, so if our predictions are not fulfilled, it proves we were right."

Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/09/23/antarctic-sea-ice-hit-35-year-record-high-saturday/

More from your article:

The increasing ice is especially perplexing since the water beneath the ice has warmed, not cooled.

“The overwhelming evidence is that the Southern Ocean is warming,” said Jinlun Zhang, a University of Washington scientist, studying Antarctic ice. “Why would sea ice be increasing? Although the rate of increase is small, it is a puzzle to scientists.”

More from your article:

The increasing ice is especially perplexing since the water beneath the ice has warmed, not cooled.

“The overwhelming evidence is that the Southern Ocean is warming,” said Jinlun Zhang, a University of Washington scientist, studying Antarctic ice. “Why would sea ice be increasing? Although the rate of increase is small, it is a puzzle to scientists.”

Please break out your comments or new quotes separately from those of the original post.

It eliminates having to backtrack and try to cross check for what has changed.

Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.[/size]

More from your article:

That's more proof that scientists still don't fully understand the climate. It's complete stupidity to make dramatic policy decisions based on unclear science.