AN UNBELIEVABLE DISCOUNT ON MY 2013 FUSION

DarkeRetribution

LOL. I'm among the few who love to haggle on car deals but you're right, it's more of a guaranteed good price. I might think I'm doing better but who knows about the other fees that may get built back in. However, re: doc fees, I only paid $55. for the Taurus. I need to pull the paperwork on this Lincoln and look. I do a lot of research on a car before I ever get to the dealer and a car has an intrinsic value for me that caps what I'm willing to pay. I usually price them out with tax & lic. to know what MY out-the-door price will be. How they get there is up to them. They're in business to make money, and that's fine - they should. I just don't want them to make it all on me.

I went with X-plan because I did not think I could negotiate a better price on a car that was brand new and not even on dealer lots. I'd have to go through my paperwork but I'm probably about $100 bucks over invoice. I'm fine with that. I've always felt that the secret to being satisfied with a purchase is to stop shopping after the purchase is made.

Looks like I'll be doing the Mustang club X-Plan here as well. The dealer seems to be cool with it so I'll be happy about not having to haggle on the price. I'm also getting a quote on the Titanium to make sure it's the same price that shows up on the Ford site. If that's the case (and that's the price before the $1k rebate that's going on right now) I should be golden to jump to a Titanium instead of the SE. :D

My SE hybrid according to the order sheet under X-Plan is $158 over the dealer invoice, Included in that was an advertising assessment of $456. I am very happy with the price, since the only thing I had to negotiate was my trade-in, and it took about 20 minutes, but that wasn't too painful either. Also, I made sure to ask if they will charge any doc fees etc, and they said no, so that was good too.

Sure wish I had A/Z plan ($1093 under dealer invoice) or D plan ($993 under dealer invoice) LOL

Edited by lmp180psu

This dealer is posting haggle free prices lower than xplan: http://www.hammonass...0d0e4687aef.htm

I wonder how they are doing that? They are only 70 miles away from me (although in a different state, so I would have to deal with the taxes/title/registration myself)

That price includes rebates which I believe are $1K right now, so it's not better than X plan.

It is better than xplan, although only a few hundred. When you go to inventory.ford.com after going through fordpartner.com it is showing that same car as $30,306 after rebate.

It doesn't say how much their fees are though - with X plan it's limited to $100. Theirs could be several hundred. I mean it's possible they're selling at dealer invoice but that's not typical.

WOW. $3,498. is great. I did the math on the MKZ I want.

MSRP:

$48,240. base & options

$ 4,131. tax & Lic.

$52,371. out-the-door

X plan:

$45,553.base & options

$ 3,906. tax & lic.

$49,459. total out-the-door

That's $2,912 off MSRP. Don't know if there will be any incentives since it's coming out so late.

Anyone that's using the Mustang Club to get a X-Plan PIN, how do you print out a membership card to prove that you're a member? I generated my PIN and emailed it to the dealer, but I will need to give them a membership card the next time I go in.

You get your membership card in the mail within a month of joining the mustang club of america...if you don't have it in time just go to your account page on the mustang club of america website and print out the page with your membership number and proof of your membership being active...that should be enough. The card just has your number on it..but so does your account page on the website...so both are valid.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to bump this up and confirm that my dealer did in fact take my Mustang Club of Amerca X-Plan PIN (which I've had for less than a month) with no issues. If you can't get X-Plan some other way I would highly recommend doing this, it was well worth it to spend $50 on the membership to get X-Plan.

I really hope this works out for you. In 1991 I bought a new Ford on A Plan and the dealer in Phoenix (they didn't write up many A or X Plans) insisted on adding their dealer prep to the deal. I told them that Ford would reject the deal and sure enough, a few days after I had the car, the dealer called and said they had to correct the deal as Ford rejected it as they were not allowed to charge me the dealer prep.

Ford really does scrutinize these Plan purchases and will reject them if anything is out of line.

Just my personal experience.

My sixty day date is Dec. 27. My dealer took a copy of my membership card and my price is X Plan because they will be effective before the car comes in. I'm also assuming there'll be a Loyalty Incentive (or a Conquest).

Edited by Dedonut

LOL, we're neighbors. Since you're driving that Prius, when you sign, ask about the Conquest Incentive for changing to Lincoln. The site doesn't have anything listed yet but the 2013 MKS, MKT & the Navigator each show $1000. Conquest Incentive. The MKX is $2000!! I'd love it if we'd get $2000. for Loyalty or Conquest since we're getting a short year with the late delivery.

P.S.

I have a friend who has the 2011 MKZ in the Bordeaux and it's a beautiful color.

Edited by Dedonut

I'm confused a bit on the conquest rebate. Do you need to be leasing your current car or getting a lease on the new car to be eligible? Or can owning a car outright still take advantage of this rebate?

My wife has a Mazda 6, so since Ford no longer owns them, would this qualify for a conquest rebate?

Edited by jinx8402