New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

What's that black cap next to your left fog light?

You must not live in the great white north. That's where one plugs in a power cord for the block heater. All the cars going to cold climates get bock heaters for no additional charge.

*edit* I see the question has already been answered. I type too slow!

Edited by CheesyRider
  • Like 1

Snapped a few shots today, sun was out. Temps were mild. I don't care about people reading my license plate, so I didn't bother distorting it.

Nice pics, first time I've seen good pics of the H-spokes. They definitely give it an aggressive look. Like them better than the stock "bicycle" wheels.

No pics yet......picked it up Friday....Ingot Silver Ti. Did have a chance to get a coat of wax on it.

Can't think of anything but positives. Ride is excellent, handling is superb. Comfortable - what more could one ask? Seems to be built very well, solid.

The 3 blink doesn't bother me - it's the one thing I'm familiar with as previous vehicle was a VW (TDI). Biggest issue so far is working my way through all the touch/interface stuff :lol:

Have not had a chance to let it park itself, manged to stay in my own lane so no warnings, and it would seem I'm driving "alert" = it's all good.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, going to be ditching the 19's and rolling on 16" steelies with balloon tire Blizzaks for the winter. Going to miss the look of those H's for sure. :/

Those sound sexy. I think you should keep them and send me those god awful 19" H spokes.

• Like 2

An amusing item: the glovebox on the Ti is key-lockable.

But the Ti has the 'advanced' remote, which includes remote starter.

Um....so where's the key to lock the glove box ?? do%20what.gif

And an annoyance: For I can't tell you how long, I've had vehicles with what boils down to 2 sun visors. The 'primary' (the one that usually has the lighted mirror) can be swung out to cover the side window. For those times when you're dealing with sun coming in through the side, or the windshield, or both depending on your direction of travel - you can swing it out and then swing the 'secondary' one down. For many years in many vehicles, the primary also has a pull-out extension to cover more of the side window.

I lost both the secondary visor, and the pull-out extension, in my 2011 Edge and was unhappy enough to let Ford know. And now the '13 Fusion carries on the tradition. Ugh.

12C27 Headlamp Ass'y replacement performed today (as posted elsewhere). Took 2 hours. Apparently to do the job they have to remove the bumper (!!) :huh: With all due respect, if it takes an hour or more to replace a burned out H11 bulb, an engineer (or team of engineers) somewhere should be taken out back, and forced to do it 10 times. Ridiculous.

An amusing item: the glovebox on the Ti is key-lockable.

But the Ti has the 'advanced' remote, which includes remote starter.

Um....so where's the key to lock the glove box ?? do%20what.gif

There is a physical key inside of the remote...you remove the back and the key is there, plus, the keys should have come with an additional key for unlocking the doors when the auto-locks are not responding. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume that key will take care of that glovebox too... (will be trying it out later)

I have a seperate key that was included with the fobs... it's too large to fit inside the fob. The dealer should have included this?

Just checked, and there is the seperate keys without base inside the fob. The one that was included seperately does have a black base with the Ford emblem on it. The dealer did tell me it was for the glove box.

Edited by -Strike-

I have a seperate key that was included with the fobs... it's too large to fit inside the fob. The dealer should have included this?

Just checked, and there is the seperate keys without base inside the fob. The one that was included seperately does have a black base with the Ford emblem on it. The dealer did tell me it was for the glove box.

Thanks Strike. I didn't receive any other 'keys' from the dealer, and before posting I had opened both fobs and checked them - as can be seen below there are no keys.

Guess I'll be making another call to the dealer.....

post-48947-0-54772700-1354676470_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbmaven

Apparently, it takes less time to make a smart*ss comment than it does to provide anything constructive. Well done.

You started it with your own smartass comment about the engineers being taken out back. And you do realize that the entire headlamp assembly itself gets replaced - not "just a H11 bulb". That's why it takes so long and the bumper has to come off. Now who's 'ridiculous'?

You started it with your own smartass comment about the engineers being taken out back. And you do realize that the entire headlamp assembly itself gets replaced - not "just a H11 bulb". That's why it takes so long and the bumper has to come off. Now who's 'ridiculous'?

Your smartass comment was a personal commentary about me being unable to open the fob - now you're trying to skate away by redirecting it to the engineering comment. Nice try.

I stand by the comments about BULB REPLACEMENT.

I'm painfully aware of the fact that the RECALL is for the entire assembly. And until I posted you had no clue that the bumper had to come off to do the recall work. I held the assembly in my own hands at the dealer when I made the appointment. The fact of the matter is that even replacing a burned out bulb is a non-trivial matter that supposedly requires dealer intervention (confirmed by the dealer service manager) - and - follow the context here - it takes 2 hours to replace the entire assembly, and may well take an hour to replace the bulbs.

So, if you want to continue being ridiculous and defending the engineering that requires a simple bulb replacement to be done by a dealer, and requiring an hour - more power to you.

Edited by dbmaven

Thanks Strike. I didn't receive any other 'keys' from the dealer, and before posting I had opened both fobs and checked them - as can be seen below there are no keys.

Guess I'll be making another call to the dealer.....

Yeah, you'll definitely want to call them. There should be the small silver valet key in each fob, as well as a seperate key included for the glovebox to keep on your ring, it's about the same size as the valet key, just has a regular key black plastic base on it with the ford emblem.

Your smartass comment was a personal commentary about me being unable to open the fob.

No it wasn't. It was a smartass comment about you not knowing there was supposed to be a key inside the fob in the first place. RTFM. And the only reason I brought it up is that you were so derogatory about the engineers. They have to come up with a solution involving hundreds of variables and specific requirements and sometimes it is simply not possible to meet all those requirements AND make it easy to service. I guess I'm sensitive to that because I've spent 26 years architecting and building IT systems and there have been many many times where we had to do something that made no sense whatsoever from the consumer's viewpoint but was required because of a series of sometimes unrelated issues.

If it's hard to service then it's because it had to be, not because they're inept.

No it wasn't. It was a smartass comment about you not knowing there was supposed to be a key inside the fob in the first place. RTFM.

You ASSumed that I hadn't read the manual - which was a bad assumption on your part. As proven by subsequent posts (did you bother to read them?) there are no keys in the FOBS.

And the only reason I brought it up is that you were so derogatory about the engineers. They have to come up with a solution involving hundreds of variables and specific requirements and sometimes it is simply not possible to meet all those requirements AND make it easy to service. I guess I'm sensitive to that because I've spent 26 years architecting and building IT systems and there have been many many times where we had to do something that made no sense whatsoever from the consumer's viewpoint but was required because of a series of sometimes unrelated issues.

If it's hard to service then it's because it had to be, not because they're inept.

Indeed - it's not just the engineers fault - it's systemic - but the tradeoff they (sic) accepted was to make it impossible to change a $10 part without significant inconvenience and ridiculous cost.

Like I said - if you find it acceptable - good for you. I don't, and I suspect any number of others here wouldn't either.

Like I said - if you find it acceptable - good for you. I don't, and I suspect any number of others here wouldn't either.

Not acceptable? 1 hour of labor every 4-5 years is unacceptable? I've had my Fusion for 7 years and I've replaced the bulbs once. How is that unacceptable even if it does take 1 hour?

Is it worth redesigning an entire engine bay just so you can change a lightbulb in 1 minute once every 4-5 years?

Apparently, it takes less time to make a smart*ss comment than it does to provide anything constructive. Well done.

Whoa, somebody takes a little humor on this forum way too serious & way too personal. Lighten up dude!

Lifes too short for that. Look in the mirror & laugh out loud. It's good for the blood pressure.

• Like 4