New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

It has puddle lamps right?

As mentioned sure does.....looks like some kind of spaceship when you approach the car :lol: Tails light up, puddles, headlights.........

I leave at 0-dark-thirty - put my briefcase in the passenger seat = looks like some UFO landed on the street. Head/tail lights go out first....then the puddles slowly fade out......

...........My review so far; May be fairly long..........................

I'd say ditto to pretty much everything he said (& he said it much better than I could).

And thanks, I now know how to lock my doors..........somehow I missed the swipe in the owners manual (as many can guess the manual is a bit extensive :D )

................Another thing I noticed, is that when I unlock my door, a passenger's door was still locked, and I would have to get in, press the unlock button to let her in. There's a setting in the LH settings menu for locks that you can change it to unlock all doors from the drivers side, which is awesome.

My wife's Hyundai also has this - best we could summarize is it's designed that way to prevent unwanted entry from the passenger's side - makes my wife feel more comfortable in dark parking lots. Nicely Ford let's you turn it off, Hyundai does not (near as we can tell).

• Like 1

"As mentioned sure does.....looks like some kind of spaceship when you approach the car .Tails light up, puddles, headlights.........

I leave at 0-dark-thirty - put my briefcase in the passenger seat = looks like some UFO landed on the street. Head/tail lights go out first....then the puddles slowly fade out......"

Bailey: Thanks for the great description. "Spaceship" is what I was feeling but I couldn't come up with the word. The lighting results in me not having to turn the lights on in the garage when we leave at night (and therefore don't have to keep them on when we're gone). I just press the unlock on my key and my wife has no trouble working her way around to get into the car. The Altima offers the option of underbody lights that I really wanted but had to give up when I decided against buying it. Before I took posession of my FFH, I was even contenplating buying a set from the Nissan dealer and adapting them to the Fusion. First time I unlocked it at night, all thoughts of that were gone.

"Nicely Ford let's you turn it off, Hyundai does not"

The option of being able to adjust functions to your preferences is a great feature of the Fusion. My Pacifica also had that. To do that on my wife's RX330, you have to take it to the dealer.

• Like 1

Another odd thing I found out last night on my way to work... The front Map lights.. All you have to do is tap the actual lens where the light itself is for either side to light as apposed to pressing the interior light button and lighting up both, plus the back seat. Then I noticed... You dont even have to touch it! Just move your hand or finger pretty close to the light, and it comes on.. almost like it's light sensitive!? I was like WOW... and kept playing with it. Try it, you'll be amazed.. haha. I was entertained for a while

Edited by -Strike-
  • Like 2

Another odd thing I found out last night on my way to work... The front Map lights.. All you have to do is tap the actual lens where the light itself is for either side to light as apposed to pressing the interior light button and lighting up both, plus the back seat. Then I noticed... You dont even have to touch it! Just move your hand or finger pretty close to the light, and it comes on.. almost like it's light sensitive!? I was like WOW... and kept playing with it. Try it, you'll be amazed.. haha. I was entertained for a while

LOL -Stike-

Like most everything else in the car - capacitive, same as the moon/sunroof, radio, etc.........no actual buttons.

Same as the door handle swipe I learned from you.......no worky w/ gloves (tried that this morning).

Edited by Bailey151
  • Like 2

Somethings I noticed that are different between my 2010 and 2013 Fusion........

The cup holders in the side doors are much deeper in the 2013. In the 2010 my bottle of water or Coke, at times, fall over. The seats really are much more comfortable. There is much more attention to detail in the interior. More power ports and the addition of the 110v plugin in the hybrid. The car rides better than my 2010 - although I only drove it home from the dealer, about a mile. My wife has commandeered the hybrid and I now drive the 2010.

This coming week we are taking a long trip and I've been told I'll get to drive. :headspin:

Edited by hermans
  • Like 2

Somethings I noticed that are different between my 2010 and 2013 Fusion........

The cup holders in the side doors are much deeper in the 2013. In the 2010 my bottle of water or Coke, at times, fall over. The seats really are much more comfortable. There is much more attention to detail in the interior. More power ports and the addition of the 110v plugin in the hybrid. The car rides better than my 2010 - although I only drove it home from the dealer, about a mile. My wife has commandeered the hybrid and I now drive the 2010.

This coming week we are taking a long trip and I've been told I'll get to drive. :headspin:

The door cup holders are very nice indeed!

There are two good articles on Car Connection:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1080816_2013-ford-fusion-the-car-connections-best-car-to-buy-2013

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1081004_epa-will-review-2013-ford-fusion-c-max-fuel-economy-claims

Marty Padgett from CC feels that same way most of us do about the 2013 Fusion: he's extremely impressed

I am now the owner of the first dented 2013 Ford Fusion! That's the last time I ever go Christmas shopping. Looked to my right and a wind whiped shopping cart was hauling ass towards my car. :(

Going in first week of Jan. for PDR (Painless dent removal)

Not a big dent by any means, but it's a brand new car!#%%!#$!

Edited by -Strike-

I am now the owner of the first dented 2013 Ford Fusion! That's the last time I ever go Christmas shopping. Looked to my right and a wind whiped shopping cart was hauling ass towards my car. :(

Going in first week of Jan. for PDR (Painless dent removal)

Not a big dent by any means, but it's a brand new car!#%%!#$!

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that! It brakes my heart just thinking about it. I hope they can take out the dent without leaving any signs of it .... Can you post some before and after pictures?

I think that's why Al Gore invented the internet......so we could avoid stores/malls @ Christmas time (or any other time)...........

Seriously - that sucks, we all know it's going to happen.....but it still sucks when it happens.

That really sucks Strike! On a related note I backed into my garbage bin last night. It doesn't look like it did anything thankfully (55 gallon plastic garbage bin) but I hit it decently hard. I was backing out of the driveway, not paying attention, and the wind had blown them into the way. I heard the beep from the backup sensor about .1 sec before I hit it (I was backing up a little quickly). :fool:

I hope you're able to get yours fixed with no indication that it was ever hit.

• Like 1

That really sucks Strike! On a related note I backed into my garbage bin last night. It doesn't look like it did anything thankfully (55 gallon plastic garbage bin) but I hit it decently hard. I was backing out of the driveway, not paying attention, and the wind had blown them into the way. I heard the beep from the backup sensor about .1 sec before I hit it (I was backing up a little quickly). :fool:

I hope you're able to get yours fixed with no indication that it was ever hit.

Do you have the back-up camera on yours?

I like the color missleman. I'm trying to do a interior mod by having some blue LED strips near the footwells under the dash. They are USB powered. I noticed that the cigarette lighter charger that I use for my phone stays on long after I lock the doors and exit. For now if I plug them into the USB ports in the center console they shut off a little while after the doors lock and i leave. Would the cigarette lighter charger drain my battery potentially?

Strike that sucks man! I had Paintless Dent repair done on my Mazda3 after someone backed into my rear passenger door. As long as there isn't any creases in the metal there won't be any sign of a dent afterwards. If there is a crease then it will take some TLC to massage the metal back into place. Is it about the size of a quarter? Those are not hard to get out.

I feel for you bud, hopefully everything gets fixed soon and looks great. BTW, next time park far away from other cars and shopping carts ^_^

I like the color missleman. I'm trying to do a interior mod by having some blue LED strips near the footwells under the dash. They are USB powered. I noticed that the cigarette lighter charger that I use for my phone stays on long after I lock the doors and exit. For now if I plug them into the USB ports in the center console they shut off a little while after the doors lock and i leave. Would the cigarette lighter charger drain my battery potentially?

There should be labels on the 12v outlets. A key symbol indicates that the outlet is powered only when the car is 'running" so couldn't run down the battery. I'll look this up in thee new manual.

TerryB