Blue tooth device ban all facilities

propain

How about the person walking watch the video again? There are restricted areas where there should be no pedestrians.

LOL. Just this morning I watched a Hilo driver looking the wrong way drive through a stop and nearly hit a cart already in the intersection. He started yelling at the driver of the cart even though there where 4 of us there who saw him run the stop.

LOL. Just this morning I watched a Hilo driver looking the wrong way drive through a stop and nearly hit a cart already in the intersection. He started yelling at the driver of the cart even though there where 4 of us there who saw him run the stop.

Totally different situation than I was talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Earbuds, headphones etc...have never been allowed at LAP. I'm shocked they have been allowed any where. Thats a horrible safety issue. Some of the transfers into LAP have tried wearing them, I saw one yesterday that the hi lo driver was laying on the horn & the guy never even looked up because he couldnt hear him

Earbuds, headphones etc...have never been allowed at LAP. I'm shocked they have been allowed any where. Thats a horrible safety issue. Some of the transfers into LAP have tried wearing them, I saw one yesterday that the hi lo driver was laying on the horn & the guy never even looked up because he couldnt hear him

it's not a horrible safety issue on most jobs, in fact i dont think i've ever had a job where it wouldve caused any kind of safety issue. the only jobs i can see where it shouldnt be allowed across the board are driving jobs or jobs that require a yellow vest. no you shouldnt be wearing them walking down the aisle or stuff like that obviously.

funny thing is i can wear ear plugs that block out more noise then my earbuds, but thats okay right?.

this is just another way of the company covering their ass because there are morons that do stupid shit, i could almost guarantee this came about because some dumbass was injured, while the other 99% of us are smart enough to know when and where to use them

• Like 3

If your earplugs block out more noise than your earbuds you can't have it loud enough to hear. I've worn both ( illegally) when I was on a job by myself where no other people or forklifts were in the body shop & there was no comparison to how much more I could hear with earplugs vs buds. The guy with the buds yesterday was on the line not in the aisle, he had his lunchbox on the empty rack & the driver was trying to get his attention to move it. Saw another where the operator walks in between 2 racks that are taller than he is, he walked in just as the driver was pulling empty out, almost got hit, driver didnt know he had buds in beeped horn but operator couldn't hear him

Edited by 2 seater

funny thing is i can wear ear plugs that block out more noise then my earbuds, but thats okay right?.

this is just another way of the company covering their ass because there are morons that do stupid shit, i could almost guarantee this came about because some dumbass was injured, while the other 99% of us are smart enough to know when and where to use them

Ear plugs do not block that much noise. A typical ear plug used correctly will usually block 25 to 35 decibels of noise. Good ear muffs are at the 30 to 40 range. The reality is that you don't get that much noise reduction from the average ear bud and your not playing music at the 30 to 40 decibel range, which is under half volume.

It's a completely false suggestion that your average person is walking around with ear buds at whisper level for volume, let alone inside a plant where the ambient level of noise is increased.

Ear plugs do not block that much noise. A typical ear plug used correctly will usually block 25 to 35 decibels of noise. Good ear muffs are at the 30 to 40 range. The reality is that you don't get that much noise reduction from the average ear bud and your not playing music at the 30 to 40 decibel range, which is under half volume.

It's a completely false suggestion that your average person is walking around with ear buds at whisper level for volume, let alone inside a plant where the ambient level of noise is increased.

so you're saying everyone listens to their earbuds at a dangerous level at which you cant hear a hi-lo horn? i think that is completely false. chances are more likely that the guy just wasnt paying attention.

there is no way to know how loud a person listens to their headphones/earbuds. Hence the ban, which LAP doesnt need as they have been banned for at least the last 20 years.

thats great for LAP /sarcasm let me guess, LAP had some dumbass get injured 20 years ago listening to a tape player?

It is not and never will be about safety. It's about controlling the masses. If they really gave a damn about safety there wouldn't be standing water everywhere on rainy days & hilo drivers would be getting time off for all the stupidity I see from some drivers, a minority of them, on a daily basis. Like near misses with pedestrains, lifting and dropping turntables, hitting parked and moving maintence vehicles and dropping quadrupal stacked racks of steel.

It is not and never will be about safety. It's about controlling the masses. If they really gave a damn about safety there wouldn't be standing water everywhere on rainy days & hilo drivers would be getting time off for all the stupidity I see from some drivers, a minority of them, on a daily basis. Like near misses with pedestrains, lifting and dropping turntables, hitting parked and moving maintence vehicles and dropping quadrupal stacked racks of steel.

Would also like to see assemblers getting time off for there stupidity also.

I'm asking for "Snickers" for the next 21 working days to break the habit of listening to my music. I just know I will not be MYSELF. I truly understand the ban on the drivers in Motor Bay, but please, those of us that work on the line, just doesn't make sence.

so you're saying everyone listens to their earbuds at a dangerous level at which you cant hear a hi-lo horn? i think that is completely false. chances are more likely that the guy just wasnt paying attention.

Do you struggle with reading? I think I was perfectly clear in what I said. I'll even repost it for you in case you need to see it again.

funny thing is i can wear ear plugs that block out more noise then my earbuds, but thats okay right?.this is just another way of the company covering their ass because there are morons that do stupid shit, i could almost guarantee this came about because some dumbass was injured, while the other 99% of us are smart enough to know when and where to use them

So if we use logic here we can come to three reasonable conclusions.

A) Half volume on an average MP3 player is 40 decibels, greater than the noise reduction of ear plugs.

B) People will play music louder when faced with greater ambient noise. Most people play their music over the 40 decibel mark without being in areas with loud background noise already.

C) You gave a completely unrealistic scenario as very few people would fit having the volume set below half way while inside the plant.

bottom line is, this is bullshit. majority of the people in the plant can safely do their job with headphones in. the company should be worrying more about the drug and alcohol abuse that goes on during work hours, oh thats right our bosses and union are doing it too.

• Like 1

bottom line is, this is bullshit. majority of the people in the plant can safely do their job with headphones in. the company should be worrying more about the drug and alcohol abuse that goes on during work hours, oh thats right our bosses and union are doing it too.

Ok. But that's not what you said. I commented on what you said, not on what you felt you meant.

Yeah, I remember how that worked out at OHAP in '06 when they took away all radios. Everyone was stopping the line for every DELTA item, and quit voluntarily fixing defects that came from other areas. The line was down enough in a manor in which the employees could not be disciplined for stopping it that they were losing nearly 100 units a shift. We looked for any defect we could to justify stopping the line :~) Every employee on the floor was angry that they were badgering them. Within a week a letter was released retracting their policy. I still have the memo. A happy worker is a productive worker, start bullying people for no reason, or just because you are in rebalancing and see what happens when they stand together. Oh, and Nix on wireless devices interfering with the broadcast system. Hospitals and gas stations tried to push the cell phone lie for years too. They never interfered before, so who do you people think your bullshitting?

Edited by Furious1Auto

at kcap we were told bluetooth can cause false readings with the quality scanners used to insure the right part was being installed ? ... thats why there banned from plant ?

right, and just like cellphones on a plane, there has never been a case where there was any interference i bet too. they're full of shit as usual.

I find it entertaining when policy is created to prevent actions that have already taken place for years without incident. Like smoking near a diesel fueling station. Diesel is combustible, not flammable. It has such a high flash point that it cannot be ignited by a cigarette. However at truck stops it was common place to see people smoking while fueling, all the sudden it is a fire hazard. Bull shit! They only smoked near diesel for the last 100 years, now there is a threat? LOL