Decent White Platinum Titanium Review

DarkeRetribution

I gotta say, this does not help my excitement at all by calming it down.

We just got our VIN today (well, it came the other day) for our 2013 Fusion Hybrid and are really excited already. Every review says I'm going to love this car. Probably the first car I've felt like that about. Even the Car and Driver #2 review was actually a #1 for me, since they didn't like the HP (getting more) and said it drove like a German car (my car is a MINI, wife is getting this).

I keep wondering if I can't fly to Hermosillo and just drive it back :)

• Like 1

We just got our VIN today (well, it came the other day) for our 2013 Fusion Hybrid and are really excited already. Every review says I'm going to love this car. Probably the first car I've felt like that about. Even the Car and Driver #2 review was actually a #1 for me, since they didn't like the HP (getting more) and said it drove like a German car (my car is a MINI, wife is getting this).

I know right..I'm the same way. This was going to be my before Thanksgiving gift...then christmas gift....now it'll be some new year gift haha.

Now that's an idea! I would love if ford offered a program to allow people to fly where the car is built and drive it home. I would be all over it.

They've got a certified pre-owned and I can't even get my new car.... Bah.

Yeah unbeliveable Already a pre-owned. I am wondering if they resolve the issue at the plant and they are starting to ship. My car has been ready for almost a week now and the latest news was on the shipping ramp?????

I am waiting for a titanium model and the more I read, plus a test drive I did a few weeks ago really got me hook. I am positif this car will beat the competition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5LbF9eNdg

This is mainly for new comers who are interested in the Titanium and what it offers, or anyone wanting to see the White Platinum in a good light. It's 7 minutes long and shows some of the Titanium's exclusive offerings.

Just watched this, and all I can think about as I watch it is "how dare they put a decal on the trunk!" I would refuse to purchase a $30k+ car that says "Town and Country Ford" on the back, haha

• Like 1

Was at my local dealer today having the F150 serviced, and had a chance to go in-depth with my review of the Fusion. It was exactly like that listed above, a white Fusion Platinum with the 2.0L EB. Didn't get a chance to take her for a spin, but got plenty of a walk around and mess with the interior time. Below are just some of my thoughts, of course minus any behind the wheel time.

Exterior:

• Love the front clip still and its Aston appearance.
  • The rear while decent, isn't overly appealing and those taillights remind me to much of a cheesy Jaguar rip-off.
  • Profile, while it's growing on me, isn't overly attractive IMO. Mostly from the C-pilar back.
  • Car appears large, especially when between the prior gen Fusion and Taurus SHO. It appeared to have similar dimensions on the exterior as the SHO by the eye-ball test.
  • Didn't notice any particular quality issues with panel gaps.

Interior:

• Liked the soft-touch materials and quality appears top-notch
  • Not fond of the gauge set-up, steering wheel design, center stack nor how the vehicle has the cab forward type design where the dash sticks out so into the cabin.
  • MFT response was slow. Didn't have enough time to go through all functions or determine if any bugs existed on this model.
  • In comparison to the wife's '04 Altima, the interior dimensions felt about the same but slightly tighter. Maybe it was the large center console and door panels, but it simply felt tighter side to side. Plus with the design of the dash made the interior feel smaller, more claustrophobic in sense.

Took a little time to review the Escape as well, and all I can say is I'm not impressed. Couple items I noticed right away, fit & finish was less than stellar. Other that the front clip, the style was unappealing. Interior had the same claustrophobic type feel due to the dash, center console & door panels. Really hate the location of the gear selector up partly on the dash.

As for the new F150, I really hate those dang projector style headlamps. Far away they look kind of cool. As I got closer and inspected, they aren't my cup of tea style wise.

Just my 2 cents. Can't say I'd be in the marker for any of those vehicles though, except maybe the F150 with the normal halogen bulbs.

I'm glad you clarified :) thank you.

It does make you wonder how a trainload of valuable cars is getting out of the country...

Clarified what? That the Fusion & Escape aren't on my short list of vehicles? The wife's Altima is coming due for replacement, and can't say either of those two will be its replacement. Now the Taurus or Flex, those two are on the short list.

Don't a trainload of valuable cars get out of the country from nearly every manufacturer? Not anything unique to Ford, the Escape nor Fusion.

Clarified what? That the Fusion & Escape aren't on my short list of vehicles? The wife's Altima is coming due for replacement, and can't say either of those two will be its replacement. Now the Taurus or Flex, those two are on the short list.

Don't a trainload of valuable cars get out of the country from nearly every manufacturer? Not anything unique to Ford, the Escape nor Fusion.

Look at times you & raleel posted at. I believe he was responding to my post which is just above yours.

No wonder you were confused!

Look at times you & raleel posted at. I believe he was responding to my post which is just above yours.

No wonder you were confused!

thanks! Didn't look at the times. Was just a little confused since his post came right after, without a quote, and was talking about clarification.

My apologies for the confusion raleel.

clarified re: mexico. no involvement of you :)

Mexico has a pretty large violence and crime quotient right now. it's a train car full of valuable vehicles. One would think they would have value to drug cartels. And yet, they make it out seemingly just fine. The logistics of that are undoubtedly quite interesting.