17" Unique Aluminum vs. 18" Painted Luxury

broncosCA

I have, though on different occasions.

Both looked good and it's certainly a matter of taste but, imo, the 18" luxury looked better, so I will pony up the extra $500 if my order ever makes to my garage.

I actually prefer them to all stock wheels, including the 19" options on Platinums.

Edited by Salva

I have, though on different occasions.

Both looked good and it's certainly a matter of taste but, imo, the 18" luxury looked better, so I will pony up the extra $500 if my order ever makes to my garage.

I actually prefer them to all stock wheels, including the 19" options on Platinums.

My original order had the 17" wheels. But it's stuck in "awaiting shipment" hell, and so my dealer did a re-order for me, and I had him include the 18" wheels because I remembered I kind of wished that I had gone with them. And at only 500 more it seemed like a reasonable investment as upping the wheels aftermarket would be several thousand dollars.

However, when I went to refresh my memory on the configurator, they kind of looked like they were 'painted' in the ginger ale color, and they didn't seem to go well with my tuxedo black.

I guess at this point, whichever ends up at my dealer first (original order w/ 17's, or new one with 18's) will be the one I get. But I was hoping someone had seen the 18's on Black and that they did in fact still look good.

If you search Youtube for Lake Ford, I am pretty sure there is a video of a salesman showing black SE with the luxury wheels, that will give you a good idea of how it looks. Youtube is blocked at work, so I can't search and link it here.

Edit: In my opinion, the Fusion looks best with 18" or 19" wheels. the 17's look too small. I wish the luxury wheels were available on the Titanium Hybrid. I will be probably be looking aftermarket for 18" wheels. You can find nice sets for under $1000. The ones I like so far are about $730 with free shipping.

Edited by lmp180psu

I guess at this point, whichever ends up at my dealer first (original order w/ 17's, or new one with 18's) will be the one I get. But I was hoping someone had seen the 18's on Black and that they did in fact still look good.

I would take a 17 quicker, probably. The wait is killing me (my order I will probably only see next year).

I think you will be happy either way.

At the event yesterday, my dealer had a hybrid in black with the 17s. Looked great.

This, I believe, is the video mentioned in the other reply

• Like 1

Fantastic. Exactly how my order should look like.

Mine is close to yours. I just skipped all the driver assistance stuff

Somebody on these forums took this picture and I have kept it as a reference since my car will be extactly like this. It makes showing the car to people a lot easier :)

• Like 1

Somebody on these forums took this picture and I have kept it as a reference since my car will be extactly like this. It makes showing the car to people a lot easier :)

Exactly. I was counting on the actual car and how it will look so my wife will stop giving me grief about the wheel upgrade. She did think the red was justifiable, after she saw a Fusion in red at he dealer. The wheel upgrade - including the extra trip to the dealer to change the order - she hasn't yet bought into. So I'm still the fool willing to pay 500 extra for wheels just as good as the ones in the car we test drove.

The car, however, is looking like an early Jan proposition.

Maybe this picture will bring me relief and my "told you so" moment sooner :-)

Thanks

• Like 1

I would take a 17 quicker, probably. The wait is killing me (my order I will probably only see next year).

I think you will be happy either way.

At the event yesterday, my dealer had a hybrid in black with the 17s. Looked great.

This, I believe, is the video mentioned in the other reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHyfBlr170

Looks like there's curb rash on the left rear wheel already!

Edited by scott029