2014 Escape

Boss89

I really liked the previous Escape model but it was very dated and lacked technology. I will be financially ready to buy a new Escape in early spring 2013. Does anyone know when the 2014 model will be available and what changes it will have?

Edited by Boss89

From a 2012-2013 production schedule I have, the only 2014 listed is the Fiesta with a Job1 date of 1/14/13. Keep an eye on the forum, sometimes production schedules get posted.

They made this one pretty good, you shouldn't expect many changes other than a drawer for coins.

Edited by transitman

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not gonna happen, but hopefully the 2014s get an improved MFT as the 2014 Fiesta is receiving it (albeit with a smaller screen but hopefully the other improvements carry across):

Besides the new MyFord Touch 6.5-inch color touch screen, which is an upgrade over the currently available 4-inch screen, the 2014 Fiesta will launch with the latest SYNC software that adds new features including:

• Simplified Bluetooth® phone pairing: When pairing, the driver simply has to hit “OK” if the PIN on the phone and touch screen match each other
  • More natural voice recognition: Drivers can now simply say “Play <name>” when requesting a specific artist, song, album or genre of music (i.e. “Play jazz” versus “Play genre jazz”)
  • Improved voice recognition accuracy: The latest version of Nuance’s speech software, VoCon® 3200 v4.2, improves overall voice recognition performance
  • Flattened audio command structure: At any time, drivers can say the station frequency, “AM 760,” or the official name of the Sirius station, like “Hits 1,” to tune in; drivers no longer need to say “Radio” or “Sirius” to indicate their desire to listen to those audio sources
  • Simplified navigation controls: The destination entry screen has been improved to help make it easier to enter an address

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37434

I keep seeing a commercial for the 2013 Escape and the color on it appears to be gold. Anybody else seen it? It does not look like it is any of the colors currently available. If it is actually gold, it looks good to me.

It is probably a Ginger Ale Metallic, that's the "global" color they use in nearly all advertising. In the sunlight, the gold ginger ale metallic color really shines. For commercials and print advertising they may evn manipulate the color to highlight the gold metallic.

• 2 weeks later...