MKZ Review

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me under what mph does the Hybrid stay all electric and for how long? I thought the dealer said or I read like under 62 miles per hour it remains all electric but can not remember if that is correct. Even so I can not find info on how long it can do that without going back to gas. I assume that at some point it would. A lot of our driving is local under 50 so was curious , thanks

I am asking about the 2013 hybrid , thanks

Edited by billtkat

My my how quickly they forget.

c435828a.jpg

My daily driver for almost the last 10 years. My 03 Lincoln LS has been without doubt the finest automobile I've ever owned. The only thing I've had to do to her aside from routine maintenance has been to put a throttle body on her this past spring. I still love the way it drives and the only reason I've ordered a new MKZ is because I'm a techie. What a great car it's been.

It can go up to 60ish on electric, BUT it often doesn't for reasons unknown. It sometimes idles intpo gas with plenty of battery left. It is doing it's energy managemnt thing I guess.

So up to about or around 60 mph on electric ? Does anyone know how long you can go on just electric ? For example like under 60 for an hour or ? I know the ES 300H goes back to gas over 20 MPH so hoping to take more advantage with the MKZ

So up to about or around 60 mph on electric ? Does anyone know how long you can go on just electric ? For example like under 60 for an hour or ? I know the ES 300H goes back to gas over 20 MPH so hoping to take more advantage with the MKZ

No it doesn't work like that. The engine kicks in and out regardless of speed dependingf on what it thinks its needs are. If it only did what you stated, the milega ewould be much higher. In fact electric only mode only lasts a brief time no matter what speed you arew driving, smae as last years model.