Headliner issues

flatlander

Has anyone had issues with the head liner on the 2013 Fusion? I test drove several 2013's in my search for one and found a couple

with wrinkles and odd impressions in the headliner. The fabric was wrinkled, stretched, and sagging in some areas. The dealers said

that they would have to replace the entire headliner, but I was the first person to mention that it looked bad.

• 3 months later...

My Job 2 headliner looks great, but there is a new customer satisfaction program 13B02 for this concern on vehicles with moonroof. Build between Feb 7 & Nov 1, 2012.

"differing rates of thermal expansion exist between the headliner substrate, glue, and other componontes bonded to the backside of the headliner, which can result in a wrinkle condition around the moon roof opening. accentuated by high and low ambient temperature cycles"

Owner letters begin mailing this week (April 1, 2013)

I have a replacement coming. Well, it came in, the dealer made an appointment to replace it, and the dealer had already sent it back. :hi5: They figured it out after I had dropped the car off and got a rental. :banghead: This whole deal has been like Keystone Cops. :rant2:

Anyway, I have the moonroof (with touch controls). Build date 10/22/12. The first time I drove the car, as I backed out of the parking place, I noticed wrinkles in the headliner. The more you look, the more you see.

I'm a little hesitant about getting it replaced. Seems like quite a major job. I guess they drop the seats and slide the thing in through the trunk? I wonder how long I can wait and still get it done!?

I have a replacement coming. Well, it came in, the dealer made an appointment to replace it, and the dealer had already sent it back. :hi5: They figured it out after I had dropped the car off and got a rental. :banghead: This whole deal has been like Keystone Cops. :rant2:

Anyway, I have the moonroof (with touch controls). Build date 10/22/12. The first time I drove the car, as I backed out of the parking place, I noticed wrinkles in the headliner. The more you look, the more you see.

I'm a little hesitant about getting it replaced. Seems like quite a major job. I guess they drop the seats and slide the thing in through the trunk? I wonder how long I can wait and still get it done!?

If you could provide some update it would be appreciated - I have a few wrinkles. Very minor & you can't see them in daylight (light has to be at a certain angle)......wondering if it's worth the time & trouble (I'm under 13B02 build date).

Edited by Bailey151

I cleaned the inside of my car yesterday and looked at the headliner in great detail and I am happy to say that it looks (and feels) perfect. I will be going to the dealer soon to have my gear shifter knob replaced and wanted to check it out before hand in case it needed to be replaced too.

I've had a headliner rattle and wrinkles in mine. Didn't know it was the headliner doing the rattling until I took it in to get that checked out.
What really sucks is that Ford put a hold on headliner replacements while they work on a fix, has this hold been taken off? If so I'm going to be calling my dealer to see why they didn't tell me that I can bring my car in to get the headliner replaced.

FYI mine also has the moonroof and I purchased it in October, so it's an early build as well

• 2 months later...

I'm having an issue with yellow spots showing up randomly around the doors and front windshield. It looks like someone with dirty hands rubbed the headliner. But after reading the ford focus forums, it looks to be a problem with the adhesive tape/glue the factory used to attach the headliner.

Here's a picture of the spot I noticed a couple of days ago (you can barely see it):

post-33205-0-20322100-1370910707_thumb.jpg

And here's the newest spot I noticed today above the passenger door:

post-33205-0-39918000-1370910721_thumb.jpg

I'm really bummed...I'm pretty sure the whole headliner will need to be replaced

I'm having an issue with yellow spots showing up randomly around the doors and front windshield. It looks like someone with dirty hands rubbed the headliner. But after reading the ford focus forums, it looks to be a problem with the adhesive tape/glue the factory used to attach the headliner.

Here's a picture of the spot I noticed a couple of days ago (you can barely see it):

attachicon.gifPhoto 3.jpg

And here's the newest spot I noticed today above the passenger door:

attachicon.gifPhoto 2(1).jpg

I'm really bummed...I'm pretty sure the whole headliner will need to be replaced

Huh, I have the same thing in one spot on my headliner. I thought someone accidentally tagged it with a highlighter. It's relatively small so I hadn't bothered to do anything about it yet.