Well, that was quick.

elle

I guess i won't be going to drive my original order this weekend, as it no longer seems to be in the dealer's inventory. They either sold it within three days or they shipped it off to some other dealer. Guess I will just have to wait for my hybrid Titanium to come in. Oh, darn.

I'm still waiting for my original order to arrive, but noticed on my dealer's website that they also have an inbound FFH with the exact same color and options (VIN is 1 digit away)... strange since my retail order had both types of floormats (I swap them out for summer/winter) and so does this stock order, so I don't know if they just loved my config so much that they copied it, or maybe it was a "whoops" and they hit send and created another order with the same config... either way no matter, they should be built 1 day (at most) apart and will probably arrive on the same truck, I'll still take a ride over to the dealer once it (they) come in, and I bet they also will sell quickly.

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for my original order to arrive, but noticed on my dealer's website that they also have an inbound FFH with the exact same color and options (VIN is 1 digit away)... strange since my retail order had both types of floormats (I swap them out for summer/winter) and so does this stock order, so I don't know if they just loved my config so much that they copied it, or maybe it was a "whoops" and they hit send and created another order with the same config... either way no matter, they should be built 1 day (at most) apart and will probably arrive on the same truck, I'll still take a ride over to the dealer once it (they) come in, and I bet they also will sell quickly.

Maybe you can convince them to give you two cars for the price of one! Then you'll have twins :)

For a car that everyone is complaining about they sure are selling real quick!

Not sure who this "everybody" is that you are referring to...but since I am somebody and I am not complaining...

All the posts I have seen from folks who have actually taken delivery have been 99% positive. I know I love mine and I feel very lucky to be one of the first in town to own one. Any nagging nits that I get to deal with are worth it to me. I have had that brought home very clearly the past day and a half as I drive this crappy Chevy truck rental while my Fusion is in for the headlamp recall and a few other items I am having them look at. I waqnt my car back so bad, i can taste it and I do not want to even drive this truck back to the dealer to get my car...

I've even had some random comments from others on the car. One guy the other day said, "Nice Ford!" "I wasn't too sure what it was, had to go look, it's a Fusion!? Thing looks amazing!" "Yes sir, 2013, totally redesigned!"

I'm in the same boat as you txt, I've got one of the first in the area, and even still to this day due to the dealers orders being in the TBD black hole, feels awesome.

The interesting thing is that this was their only Fusion hybrid in inventory. I guess they should have ordered more of those :)

I don't thnk you will find many on dealer lots. The dealer I ordered mine from just last week got their first hybrid in. It is VIN 152xxx. They ordered the car in October.

A platinum white one that I had my eye on a few weeks ago was finally sold this week; it had more frou-frou options on it (driver assist, moonroof, etc.) that made it more expensive and I imagine that could be part of why it sat there for so long. The one I configured was nice but still in an affordable price range, whereas this one was about $5000 more at retail pricing.

Edited by elle

Not sure who this "everybody" is that you are referring to...but since I am somebody and I am not complaining...

All the posts I have seen from folks who have actually taken delivery have been 99% positive. I know I love mine and I feel very lucky to be one of the first in town to own one. Any nagging nits that I get to deal with are worth it to me. I have had that brought home very clearly the past day and a half as I drive this crappy Chevy truck rental while my Fusion is in for the headlamp recall and a few other items I am having them look at. I waqnt my car back so bad, i can taste it and I do not want to even drive this truck back to the dealer to get my car...

I was being facetious. I have mine and love it dearly. There are a good number of people on this forum complaining about different aspects of the car.

I was only pointing to the fact that they are not staying on dealer lots too long for a car some (not all) are finding easy to find faults in.

• Like 1

I noticed the few hybrids that have come into dealers don't stay around long. With the exception of a dealer that has had one in stock for over 3 weeks. I think its because of the $4500 dealer markup + other dealer options put on like $399 etching.

What is the "etching" that costs $399?

Probably where they acid etch the VIN number into the various pieces of glass on the car. Another one of those things that probably costs dealers 50 bucks but they charge you 10 times that for extra profit.

OK, just checking to make sure the terminology hasn't changed or maybe there is something really fancy that is now being done. I have had several cars in the past get something called "window etching" done, where the tech would use a typewriter and type out my VIN onto treated paper, then tape it onto the window and use a bingo-dabber-type thing and rub acid across it, which would burn the VIN into the glass.

Sounds similar to me, except when I got mine done it was 8 bucks. Except that was 15-20 years ago, didn't think inflation was that bad to bring it up to $399, holy shnikes.

Many police departments do VIN etching for free. I had both my present cars done about 3 years ago when I lived near Fort Worth, TX, helps them recover stolen vehicles Ask your local police departments if they offer this service.

Mine was done on a military base at the auto hobby shop, so I think the 8 bucks was just to cover the cost of the materials and maybe they make a buck or two on each one. That's why I thought surely this can't be the same thing for which someone is charging $399??? But hey if you can charge $400 for "paint sealant" (aka 'wax') then sure why not.

I was being facetious. I have mine and love it dearly. There are a good number of people on this forum complaining about different aspects of the car.

I was only pointing to the fact that they are not staying on dealer lots too long for a car some (not all) are finding easy to find faults in.

That's cool...I just keep hearing people nitpick and turn little pebble size issues into boulders. I just want to tell them "Enjoy this awesome car, people!!"

As I said, I just took my car in yesterday for the headlamp recall and had them look at about 8-10 other very minor issues...some of which they confirmed and either fixed or said they would look into a fix with Ford. I picked the car back up this afternoon and it was like being back home after a long trip.

I will start a thread to list the issues I had them look at and the answers I got...some of the items will take a little time to resolve, but I plan on having the car for a while and I got the maintenance package (free maintenance for 5 years/100,000 miles), so I know I will get opportunities for the issues to get addressed soon enough.