Fusion Titanium gets over 100 mpg!

TurboTi

Yeah, I thought that would get your attention. The other morning on the way to work, I was explaining to my girlfriend how to reset the instant m.p.g. readout. I happened to be at the top of a hill. By the time we got to the bottom, it was over 102! Yeah, I know, it went down from there, that's ok. Now if I could just convince my employer to build an elevator/ramp for me and my car that led back to my house, I wouldn't need any gas at all for the return leg! I can dream, right?

• Like 1

At the top of the hill huh? You probably could of gotten infinite MPG if you just put the car in neutral and coasted all the way down. Still, nothing like balancing out the cost of going up with the benefits of going downnnnnnn ;)

You would actually get worse mileage in N because the engine would be idling.

nma dole, that don't count, you haven't covered any mileage yet! On more realistic terms, my last tank, which covered blasts through the mountains and commuting going up and down fair sized mountains netted over 24mpg average. Just over 1000 miles on the Titanium so far.

Yeah, whenever I just start out on a trip after a reset in the Prius, I fluctuate between 99mpg (the highest it reads) and very small numbers until the system has enough data to put together a reasonable average. Even then it can change a lot-- this is why I mentioned a while back that you really can't tell very much about a hybrid's mileage if you just take it for a short drive or don't know how to drive it for mileage.