Open Contract in Good Faith

damagedone37

If Bob King wants to save face with membership as most people are concerned with him why not ask the company to open up the contract in good faith and amend us some AWS language ie Holidays, personal time usage, OT discrepancies. Since most plants are going to or already on you think the union would want this for the membership.

We can dream can't we?

If Bob King wants to save face with membership as most people are concerned with him why not ask the company to open up the contract in good faith and amend us some AWS language ie Holidays, personal time usage, OT discrepancies. Since most plants are going to or already on you think the union would want this for the membership.

We can dream can't we?

All those topics need to be looked at, however i take caution when opening the contract mid way thru its life. Bargaining means give and take, what would the majority be willing to negotiate away to address the real issues that you bring up?

All those topics need to be looked at, however i take caution when opening the contract mid way thru its life. Bargaining means give and take, what would the majority be willing to negotiate away to address the real issues that you bring up?

Give and take? I understand this, however, the last two times it's been opened up we gave and got nothing in return. ( promissory work that was already coming) the company should see this through.

Give and take? I understand this, however, the last two times it's been opened up we gave and got nothing in return. ( promissory work that was already coming) the company should see this through.

The 2007 agreement had product and investment commitments based of "market conditions"---> News flash the economy tanked in 2008 and "market conditions" vanished. Remember we were 40 billion in debt and we voted in concessions to keep these commitments and our job security.

No you know how the proactive UAW saved our jobs and we are now reaping our rewards.

This year will be my highest grossing year --- EVER.

Thanks to the UAW

For the right dollar amount the majority would sell their souls.

Baring entry level language changed to include; the elimination of the current entry level in exchange for a prolonged "grow in period" like that of the most recent CAW language, I would vote no at even looking at opening the current agreement.

Keep in mind traditional workers have not gotten a raise since 2003, at this stage in the game I would sacrafice 2 more contracts without raises in order to get entry level on parity with traditional employees for all in pay and benefits.

Thats only my opinion, but it seems to make the most sense to me to ensure those that come after us get treated as equals and could possibly help allow current traditionals to be able to retire in a fair middle class way.

• Like 1

Baring entry level language changed to include; the elimination of the current entry level in exchange for a prolonged "grow in period" like that of the most recent CAW language, I would vote no at even looking at opening the current agreement.

Keep in mind traditional workers have not gotten a raise since 2003, at this stage in the game I would sacrafice 2 more contracts without raises in order to get entry level on parity with traditional employees for all in pay and benefits.

Thats only my opinion, but it seems to make the most sense to me to ensure those that come after us get treated as equals and could possibly help allow current traditionals to be able to retire in a fair middle class way.

Been working since 99 and especially being at an assembly plant we will start to see the issues soon with new hires. Doing the same job as someone else for unequal pay is NOT what the union was based on.

We can dream can't we?

Good luck with that.Just keep on smoking whatever that is in your pipe.

• 3 weeks later...
Why would the union try to stop aws? They need more employees for that. More dues paying employees. The COLA would be nice though.
Not saying stop it I'm talking about personal time usage, holiday scheduling, overtime discrepancies.

I work C Crew been on it for four years. Easily addressable concerns for plants with AWS