***GUIDE*** HID Install 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

nmadole

Nmadole, I would also like to install HIDs in my Fusion, but it is not a Hybrid. Would the installation process/requirements be any different to your knowledge? Also, on the DDM website, what did you select for the last four options? Are any of those the wiring bracket that you speak of? Thanks for any help you can provide - your installation guide is very handy!

6iq2HJR.png

Nmadole, I would also like to install HIDs in my Fusion, but it is not a Hybrid. Would the installation process/requirements be any different to your knowledge? Also, on the DDM website, what did you select for the last four options? Are any of those the wiring bracket that you speak of? Thanks for any help you can provide - your installation guide is very handy!

[img=http://i.imgur.com/6iq2HJR.png]

The only difference would be the location of the 12 volt source and possibly the ground, the rest of hid install is the same. You don't need the mounting brackets (unless you want them. I used zip ties). You NEED the HID harness for the low beams. You do not need the error code eliminator nor do ou need any adapter.

I just bought my 13 fusion se a couple weeks ago, but i really like what you added on so far. My car didn't come with the appearance package sadly..so i do not have fog lights but I will later buy them to add on. Just to make sure i buy the right stuff are these the correct links.

hids--http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55Whttp://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

harness-- http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Kit-Wiring-Harness

parking/driving lights http://autolumination.com/194.htm they had them in cool white which i was assuming is the same as super white. For these how many would I be purchasing? Also, did the reverse led lights ever come back in stock and did you purchase puddle lights? thanks

parking/driving lights http://autolumination.com/194.htm they had them in cool white which i was assuming is the same as super white. For these how many would I be purchasing? Also, did the reverse led lights ever come back in stock and did you purchase puddle lights? thanks

I bought my parking lights from here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/wedge-bulbs/194-led-bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/

They seem to be cheaper.

Before I place my order, is this the wiring kit that you ordered? http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Kit-Wiring-Harness

Also, this may a stupid question, but is there a technical reason why you didn't also do a high beam HID?

The reason I didn't do high beams is because HIDs take about 10 seconds to warm up, so if you attempt to flash your brights you won't get much of anything. That and rapidly turning the ballasts on/off may not be good for them in the long run (pure conjecture on that part). I also rarely use my brights so it didn't matter much to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought DDM Tuning's HID H11 35w 5k kit. Just wondering, do I disconnect the positive battery terminal to connect the wiring harness? I'm just worried if I disconnect the positive battery terminal, it will mess up any internal electrical components such as the navigation, etc...

I just bought DDM Tuning's HID H11 35w 5k kit. Just wondering, do I disconnect the positive battery terminal to connect the wiring harness? I'm just worried if I disconnect the positive battery terminal, it will mess up any internal electrical components such as the navigation, etc...

When working with electronics, always disconnect the negative battery terminal first. And when putting everything back together, connect the negative cable to your battery last. Doing this will protect the electronics in your car (just be aware some settings, like seat positions, certain radio settings might get reset).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this guide nmadole. I finally decided to put HID on my car tonight and I used the same DDM kit that you have used. However, I'm a little confused on how the wiring harness works. Since I decided not to do HID for my fog lights, I connected the wiring harness to both of my low beams, but when I did that, neither lights came on. So I played around with the wiring and now only my driver side low beam is connected to the wiring harness while my passenger side is not. My lights now comes on when I turn on them on, but I can't imagine this to be the right way of connecting it. Are there anyone else with this issue? Connect the wiring harness to only one side of my light just doesn't seem right to me. I would really appreciated it if anyone can give me some input on this. Thanks!

Thank you so much for this guide nmadole. I finally decided to put HID on my car tonight and I used the same DDM kit that you have used. However, I'm a little confused on how the wiring harness works. Since I decided not to do HID for my fog lights, I connected the wiring harness to both of my low beams, but when I did that, neither lights came on. So I played around with the wiring and now only my driver side low beam is connected to the wiring harness while my passenger side is not. My lights now comes on when I turn on them on, but I can't imagine this to be the right way of connecting it. Are there anyone else with this issue? Connect the wiring harness to only one side of my light just doesn't seem right to me. I would really appreciated it if anyone can give me some input on this. Thanks!

I believe one side of the harness should be connected to the OEM driver side connector (the part that originally connected to the bulb). This is the "switch" controlled section for the harness. Then you should be connecting both ballats to the harnes output. The harness should also directly connect to the battery postive and a correct ground. I typically use the OEM ground points around the battery or drivers side fender.

I believe one side of the harness should be connected to the OEM driver side connector (the part that originally connected to the bulb). This is the "switch" controlled section for the harness. Then you should be connecting both ballats to the harnes output. The harness should also directly connect to the battery postive and a correct ground. I typically use the OEM ground points around the battery or drivers side fender.

Thank you for the input bearcats. I'm a total noob when it comes to electrical stuff. :( do you have any idea which side of the harness I should connect to the OEM connector? There are a total of 4 plugs coming from two big wires. i figured one would go on each side. do you have any idea how i should plug them in? My wires are connected to both the battery and ground on the strut. Thanks again!

Thank you for the input bearcats. I'm a total noob when it comes to electrical stuff. :( do you have any idea which side of the harness I should connect to the OEM connector? There are a total of 4 plugs coming from two big wires. i figured one would go on each side. do you have any idea how i should plug them in? My wires are connected to both the battery and ground on the strut. Thanks again!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Let me know if this looks similiar to your harness.

Accessory-Wiring-Harness-Layout-w-Prongs

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Let me know if this looks similiar to your harness.

[img=http://www.xenonsupply.com/media/stock/Accessory-Wiring-Harness-Layout-w-Prongs.jpg]

That diagram is close... The ddm kits have a plug interface for both factory headlight connectors.... So in short both headlights (driver and passnger) should be wired like the left side of the diagram.

And the relay has a single ground point

Edited by nmadole

That diagram is close... The ddm kits have a plug interface for both factory headlight connectors.... So in short both headlights (driver and passnger) should be wired like the left side of the diagram.

And the relay has a single ground point

Thanks for the diagram bearcats!

Nmadole, I guess that is where I get a little confused. I tried connecting the relay like you picture and kind of like the diagram above, but when I do that the hid simply won't come on. However, when I only connect it to one side, both comes on. It is so weird! Could it be that I'm crossing the wires or something? As for the ground and positive, the big loop is the positive and the little hoop is to the ground right? I'm sorry for all the confusion. All the damn plugs looks the same and there is not a specific connector for each. Of course I could just be a noob on this. Do you happened to have a pic or two of how your relay is connected? Thanks for any help and suggestions you might have.

Edited by muki

Thanks for the diagram bearcats!

Nmadole, I guess that is where I get a little confused. I tried connecting the relay like you picture and kind of like the diagram above, but when I do that the hid simply won't come on. However, when I only connect it to one side, both comes on. It is so weird! Could it be that I'm crossing the wires or something? As for the ground and positive, the big loop is the positive and the little hoop is to the ground right? I'm sorry for all the confusion. All the damn plugs looks the same and there is not a specific connector for each. Of course I could just be a noob on this. Do you happened to have a pic or two of how your relay is connected? Thanks for any help and suggestions you might have.

Sometimes when you get into this situation its a good idea to "pre string" it. I just sit the ballasts/bulbs in an easy access spot so I can get 12 volts (batter) and the switch. THen you can also take pictures and post them and maybe we can spot something that might not be quite right.

Sometimes when you get into this situation its a good idea to "pre string" it. I just sit the ballasts/bulbs in an easy access spot so I can get 12 volts (batter) and the switch. THen you can also take pictures and post them and maybe we can spot something that might not be quite right.

Thanks for all your help Bearcats!! after doing some research and watching some videos on youtube, I finally figured out what is wrong with my wiring. It turns out that it was the relay harness itself. I got a new harness and it is working perfectly now! Thanks again!

Thanks for all your help Bearcats!! after doing some research and watching some videos on youtube, I finally figured out what is wrong with my wiring. It turns out that it was the relay harness itself. I got a new harness and it is working perfectly now! Thanks again!

Sweet! Glad to hear you are squared away.

The Low beams DO require the Harness. I see no reason to put HID's in the highbeams, and I did use a harness on the Fogs (but they are not required). DDM is who I bought my HID's and harness from.

I finally was able to install the HID lights, but fogs are not working with just the ballast connected to them. I think I may have to daisy chain the fogs with the headlight wiring harness. Should I buy a separate wiring harness just for the fogs?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and wanted to say thanks for all the useful information! I just got my Fusion Hybrid SE about a month ago and have been reading and trying to find out all of the mod's everyone's been doing. I am wanting to do the HID low's and fogs, and change everything I can out to LED.

From reading you list of parts for the different locations I was hoping someone could help sum it all up on a post.

Here is what I have found so far, please correct anything if I got it wrong.

Lows: H11 - HID Wiring KIT (required)

Fogs: H11 - HID Wiring KIT (not required, but worth having)

City lights (closest to the grill) T10

Turn signal - ? Can't find an LED yet - Anyone find one that works?

Mud Lights (approach lights under mirrors) - ? - Someone said they had tried something, but they flickered. Any Update?

License plate - T10

Reverse Lights - ?

Trunk - T10

All you help is greatly appreciated. Please add to my list of other light MODS.

Anyone in Northern CA Bay area? I'd love to see what you have done so far and how they look in person.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Has anyone installed the LED low and high beam lights yet? They are on sale at: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-LED-Headlights-Fog-Lights-Kit-p/15w-led-headlights.htm. They are available in H11 for low beams and H7 for high beams. The output is 1200 humens, slightly brighter than halogen, but much whiter at 5000K. If anyone has, please share your story.