***GUIDE*** HID Install 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

nmadole

Your turn signal should have no bearing on your HIDS .... I have had DDM kits in my Low Beams and Fogs for almost 2 year... No replacement parts yet.

I did have some bulb flickering; I added di-electric grease to the sockets and now I am 100%. I think moisture was getting into my connections.

Edited by nmadole

• 2 weeks later...

I also think its odd that ive always had problems with my DDM headlights but never with the fog lights.... i always have both turned on?

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the automatic headlight setting... Sometimes they wouldnt turn on with the automatic setting, so i always turned them on manually... Maybe its something with the voltage under the automatic setting that causes my ballasts to constantly go out?...

I also think its odd that ive always had problems with my DDM headlights but never with the fog lights.... i always have both turned on?

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the automatic headlight setting... Sometimes they wouldnt turn on with the automatic setting, so i always turned them on manually... Maybe its something with the voltage under the automatic setting that causes my ballasts to constantly go out?...

Your Headlights should be powered directly from your battery ... so the voltage should be relatively constant. Automatic settings should have nothing to do with it ....

That's exactly what I thought. I have the flickering regardless of auto or manual. I even used a ground that the assemblers of the car used... still, flickering. Would moisture be an issue from the get-go causing flickering?

I think I'm gonna give Diode Dynamics a try and see how theirs works.

That's exactly what I thought. I have the flickering regardless of auto or manual. I even used a ground that the assemblers of the car used... still, flickering. Would moisture be an issue from the get-go causing flickering?

I think I'm gonna give Diode Dynamics a try and see how theirs works.

• 1 year later...

So almost 3 years of owning a Fusion Hybrid (and now Energi) I was completely fed up with HID... 3 different kits, 2 replacement bulbs, 5 same results.

They just don't last. I get about 2-3 months out of them and the bulbs go, 35w or 55w didn't seem to make a difference... Maybe I drive a lot, maybe the kits are crap, maybe its Canada's continuously variable weather...

It didn't really seem to matter which ballast I used, the expensive digital ones or the lesser analog 35W ones, they all lit the same. The exception is the digial ones would self restart when the bulbs were dying. So paying more for expensive kits you're probably just throwing your money away.

I've moved on... To LED.

Because of the narrow and near impossible opening in the Fusion's headlight assembly there isn't much you can do in terms of LED's with fan's on the rear... They just won't fit.

I found these about 3 months ago and installed them:

HTB1EwziKpXXXXXdXFXXq6xXFXXXy.jpg?size=1

Absolutely great. They fit in and the light is brighter than the 35W HID, but not as much as the 55W. The only real problem was the rubber cap has to have a hole cut out so the heat spreaders are outside of the housing. I used high temperature silicon to seal the hole so nothing's going to melt in the summer.

Hopefully I'll never need to pull open that freaking front end again!!!

Another picture so you can see how they are:

HTB1uNG6KpXXXXXoaXXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg?size=8

You can pick em up from Aliexpres.com http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20151222235655&SearchText=R3+LED+H11

I'll never go back to HID... ugh.

Edit: FYI: I used my existing relay harness + capacitor / warning canceller. If you have DRL for some reason in both of my Fusion's the left hand bulb will loose power when shifting out of park and into D.

Edited by expresspotato
  • Like 1

Your turn signal should have no bearing on your HIDS .... I have had DDM kits in my Low Beams and Fogs for almost 2 year... No replacement parts yet.

I did have some bulb flickering; I added di-electric grease to the sockets and now I am 100%. I think moisture was getting into my connections.

Hmm? My relay is connected to the left side, so turning on the left signal during the day will turn off both headlights even with the capacitor / warning canceller. I'm pretty sure all the Fusion's do it.

I usually just turn my light's to the 2nd setting every time I get in the car and they stay on with turn signaling.