Streaming audio not working -- MFT re-boot?

maizerage25

As I was driving yesterday, I was listening to streaming bluetooth audio through my car with no problem. I took a phone call over bluetooth, and when I tried to go back to the steaming audio it would not work. When I tried to select BT Stereo, it would try to connect to my phone (already connected as a phone) and then seemingly time-out and default to FM.

I have tried re-connecting, turning the car off, restarting the phone and re-pairing the phone with no luck. Anyone know how to force a MFT re-boot in the 2013 Fusion?

Streaming BT audio is the only thing I'm having a problem with in this car. I may just give up and plug it in through the USB input.

I had an older LG Android phone that I was having the same problem with. Also, it would not always show it was connected to my Sync. I recently upgraded to a new Samsung Galaxy SIII and have had no issues at all. A tech at Verizon had mentioned that the older Android system was not very BT friendly with Sync. I had no problems with my last Phone and 2010 Fusion, but was a issue with the new 2013. All is good for me now.

Could be the phone (iPhone 4S).

I have discovered that connecting via USB is a lot better than streaming so that seems to be a decent solution.

For some reason the iPhone has to be plugged in via USB for most options to work ... So much for a wireless solution.

For some reason the iPhone has to be plugged in via USB for most options to work ... So much for a wireless solution.

Huh? Phone functions only work via bluetooth (wireless). Advanced music functions (playlists, artists, voice control) only work via USB because the bluetooth protocols don't support them and you get far better audio quality via USB.

The only feature that works on both is simple music playing (stop, start, next track, prev track).

I am having the opposite issue with my Motorola Android phone. I went to use one of the USB ports for the first time today with my phone to stream Pandora, to try out the USB, and the first message I got was that the phone was not supported, and I should disconnect the device, then the next time, it said the device was not found. Is there an issue with my MFT? I have the latest 3.5.1 (I think that's the correct number) update.

My 2013 works just fine with my iPhone 4S. I typically only use it via Bluetooth. I do occasionally have to reset the Bluetooth on the phone to get it to connect, but that is not a routine occurrence...

Be prepared to get the "iPhones may not work with the SYNC system" if you take the problem to the dealer. Apple has pretty much ticked off half of the auto makers and since they do not play well with others, companies like Ford are not wasting any time helping Apple customers figure out their issues.