Lincoln "dreams"

After watching the video clip, how do rate Lincoln's 'Dream' Commercial?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. After watching the video clip, how do rate Lincoln's 'Dream' Commercial?

• * * * * * Excellent
    • * * * * Good
    • * * * Average
    • ** Poor
    • * Bad

Click here to read the article and view the video clip

These commercials look pretty creative. Hopefully they don't suffer from the fate of being too clever (the "plot" is remembered, but the product is not). The Dwayne Wade & MKZ commercials look like they might not make a positive enough impact for Lincoln, both have interesting twists at the end, a lot hinges on execution.

Edited by staff2

I guess the 4th new model is the Naivgator L. Expedition EL and Navigator L....I wonder if it's a mistake not to better market those bigger and more expensive brutes with a different naming scheme. Ford might want to more discretely roll these gas hogs into the market and avoid the ridicule that might be caused if Ford promoted them more heavily.

Huh? That commercial was full of people.

I sais poor because it explains nothing about the vehicles. Plus it you haveno clue what the commercial is about until the very end with the lincoln logo, but still it is a good commercial to watch but a very poor commercial attracting buyers to Lincoln.

I sais poor because it explains nothing about the vehicles.

You want to find out about a vehicle? Look on the internet.

Commercials are about building brand identity, not saying "The Belchfire 8 was awareded a Consumer Guide Best Buy".

This commercial is the 'theme' commercial, in the same way the Ford "Go" commercial was a theme commercial. However, do not expect subsequent Lincoln commercials to tell you much about the vehicle. Why? Because people tune that crap out. They have been tuning it out for years.

Not bad, but it can't hold a candle to another commercial Lincoln had earlier this year for the Zephyr which featured Melvin Van Peebles and the poem "Dream Variation" by Langston Hughes. It was a really poetic ad, and it got under my skin, the editing, visuals, music, and spoken word coming together perfectly....to make me want to buy a new car! Well I couldn't afford or justify buying a new car so I pulled down a couple of volumes of Hughes' poetry I had from my college days and reread some--which is worthy outcome too.

Edited by Misteredog

Since these are essentially "full-line" advertisements I think they should have included the Mark LT. I see why they don't want to show the Town Car, it's old and dowdy, not the image Lincoln wants to convey. But the Mark LT is part of the "modern" Lincoln. Also, more images of the cars. You don't have to say "buy, buy, buy" but show the people saying "I dream of the corner office" tooling around the city in a MKX, the person saying "I dream of no office" tooling the country side in a Mark LT.

Link the actions, this case dreams, to the product. Show the link.

Scott

the person saying "I dream of no office" tooling the country side in a Mark LT.

This guy shows up later. He's driving a MKZ, sees a scarecrow in a field, drives out ditches his suit and cell-phone and drives off in the scarecrow's clothes. It's touting the MKZ's AWD capabilities or something.