Anyone use the Auto Parallel Parking yet?

howie411

Works great! I did it a few times in a Fusion and since you control the gas and brake you can see behind with the camera and in front you get the beeps. It's really quite simple. I totally understand doing it for the first time in clear weather though.

Ive parked in the tighest of spots and it worked, i got nervous a little but it was a perfect fit awesome amazing technology like none out there on the market right now except for the high end luxury models. 9 out of 10 times it worked great no issues, the one time it wasnt so great might have been due to my error when lining the car up at first and i was pretty far from the curb. Other than that ive used it day, night, rain or shine (but if you feel more comfortable i would use it on clear days)!!

• 4 months later...
I opted out for this package

That's the main reason I haven't bought a car off the lot. My dealer has well over 70 with new 14's already arriving. But everyone that's a well loaded has that feature. When it comes to the point I can no longer park, I'll be hanging up the keys. I'd go for the camera but that's it.

That's the main reason I haven't bought a car off the lot. My dealer has well over 70 with new 14's already arriving. But everyone that's a well loaded has that feature. When it comes to the point I can no longer park, I'll be hanging up the keys. I'd go for the camera but that's it.

I agree, the camera would of been a nice stand-alone feature for the 2013.

Only feature mine doesn't have. Only miss the camera and the auto sensor wipers (because my Jetta had the wipers) at least I have the beeps in reverse. Wish it all didn't have to be grouped together in a $1000 option. But ehhh 2014 gets the camera no matter what maybe ford will be able to install it as a stand alone and have it function normally

So I've run into a few instances that mine has given me problems. when parking behind a small truck my front end pulls in too far an if I didn't stop would make impact at the passenger door. This has happened twice all other times I've used it have been great, but this scares the S out of me because it either works 100% of the time, or it's completely useless when trying to use in traffic!

Please let me know if anyone else has had any issues like this?