The Headlight Notch (Design Trend)

I honestly don't think they're all that necessary.

Had them on my Audi and they are one thing I really miss -- I wish Ford did offer them. With the Salt and mud from winter they make a Huge difference.

They are only on Euro Ford's with HID's - EU vehicle standards require headlight washers with Brighter Headlights. Something like 40% of light is redirected from the lens pattern when a headlight is dirty. With HID's that dirt causes a much higher amount of glare because the bulb is so much brighter.

Just one of the many ways the US vehicle lighting standards suck.

Had them on my Audi and they are one thing I really miss -- I wish Ford did offer them. With the Salt and mud from winter they make a Huge difference.

They are only on Euro Ford's with HID's - EU vehicle standards require headlight washers with Brighter Headlights. Something like 40% of light is redirected from the lens pattern when a headlight is dirty. With HID's that dirt causes a much higher amount of glare because the bulb is so much brighter.

Just one of the many ways the US vehicle lighting standards suck.

Guess I'm spoiled lol - no snow, salt, or mud from winter down here :P :stirpot: