Hard to find X-Plan pricing on Fusion Energi

rprobst

The only thing that sounds a little weird is they should be able to lock in that $1500 incentive now. That way you're guaranteed at least that if incentives are the same or worse when you pick up the car. If there's something better going on at the time, you'll get that instead.

That's what my (second) dealer told me, anyway, when I ordered mine X-Plan a few weeks ago. I can't imagine it'd be any different for the Energi?

This is how my order was placed and what my dealer told me as well. also ordered with xplan.

Your dealer tells stories.

And the story that my sales guy gave me was that the $1500 incentive and the $750 private cash coupon come from Ford, so he cannot confirm these discounts until the car arrives, because they might not still be valid then.

Is this a straight answer, or could they lock in these discounts for me now? If it affects the answer, I do not yet have a VIN.

And the story that my sales guy gave me was that the $1500 incentive and the $750 private cash coupon come from Ford, so he cannot confirm these discounts until the car arrives, because they might not still be valid then.

Is this a straight answer, or could they lock in these discounts for me now? If it affects the answer, I do not yet have a VIN.

I didnt order my car, but when discussing the process, my salesman told me that whatever incentives are available at the time of ordering the car would remain valid, and that i'd also be eligible for any new incentives that occur in the meantime. Not sure how true it is, but he seemed willing to help me out regardless.

Luckily for me, he managed to find a car at a nearby dealership with the exact options i wanted, but invoiced for 2012 so it was $300 cheaper.

They can lock them in but they have to submit the forms. Your dealer is either ignorant of how Ford does business or he's lying to you.

They can lock them in but they have to submit the forms. Your dealer is either ignorant of how Ford does business or he's lying to you.

Well, I don't think my sales rep is ignorant. He said he's been selling cars for 20+ years. Even if that wasn't all with Ford, I would guess that he knows how Ford works.

But what motivation could a sales rep have to not submit the forms? The dealership doesn't get to keep an incentive that the customer didn't claim. ... Unless he's comped on the total dollar volume he moves each month? I'm not clear on the payoff of lying.

Can you tell me what the form is called? What do I need to ask him to submit?

Well, I don't think my sales rep is ignorant. He said he's been selling cars for 20+ years. Even if that wasn't all with Ford, I would guess that he knows how Ford works.

But what motivation could a sales rep have to not submit the forms? The dealership doesn't get to keep an incentive that the customer didn't claim. ... Unless he's comped on the total dollar volume he moves each month? I'm not clear on the payoff of lying.

Can you tell me what the form is called? What do I need to ask him to submit?

He could be lying because he didn't submit the forms up front when he was supposed to and he doesn't want you to know that he screwed up. There is no incentive to lie about it up front which is why you have to assume that he simply didn't know it was available. It's called the incentive protection program - google it and you should find more details.

He could be lying because he didn't submit the forms up front when he was supposed to and he doesn't want you to know that he screwed up. There is no incentive to lie about it up front which is why you have to assume that he simply didn't know it was available. It's called the incentive protection program - google it and you should find more details.

Akirby, do you have a link or PDF of the 2013 price protection program?

I have found a PDF of the 2011 program, but cannot find a link or info about the 2012 or 2013 program.

I ordered a 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium using X-Plan (from Mustang Club of America) from Metro Ford in Miami, FL. The whole negotiation was over the phone, I didn't have to go there even once, even though they are only about 10 miles from me. The requested a deposit of $1000 which I gave to them using my credit card.

After I ordered mine I realized that the dealer had one already on order with a VIN already assigned an a build week of 2/4/13. I called the dealer to try to exchange the one I ordered for the one with the VIN assigned thinking I would be able to take delivery much sooner. Unfortunately the manager was not willing to do the exchange, at least not using the X-Plan.

I told the sales person to call me when the first Energi got to the dealer. I will go to the dealer at that time and try to negociate the exchange again.

Other dealers in the area such as Sawgrass Ford was not willing to take the X-Plan, even though I have purchased two vehicles from them... 2013 Explorer Limited (X-Plan) and 2010 Fusion Hybrid (not X-Plan, only $500 below sticker). Other dealers could not even place an order for the car because they were not electric certfied (Plantation Ford, Gus Machado Ford).

Regards,
APM

I called my sales rep today and gave him the 877-... number and the help@... email address of the Incentive Protection Program. He promised to look into this for me. As a forgiving soul, I am willing to believe he may have been ignorant of the program.

akirby, thanks yet again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

My sales rep has locked in the $1500 rebate, finally. The X-Plan price was $108 over dealer invoice, so my price is now about $1400 under invoice. I like X-Plan!!

But no luck on locking in the $750 coupon. He says they will send in a claim form when the car is finally here, and maybe Ford will honor it.

Oh, one more thing: The dealer closest to me called me up to see if I was still interested in the Fusion Energi. Yes, but you guys refused to sell it to me under the X-Plan. So she checked with the GM and came back to tell me that they would now sell me an Energi at the X-Plan price. But I have already ordered from another dealer, and I don't feel like changing things up at this point, just to buy from a closer dealer. Too bad they didn't give this answer earlier.

• Like 1

Would love to hear more about which dealers are offering X-Plan pricing on Energi-s in the bay area.

The "local" dealer here (which is probably also yours, i.e. if you head north 5 miles rather than south) has been pretty stubborn about not honoring X-Plan. I tried a couple more but didn't get much back.

When did you order? Was the $1500 available when you ordered, or did it show up later?

I ordered Feb 6th.

When you go to the X-Plan site, it gives you the base price with no incentives. When you enter your zip code, then the incentives show up. So I knew about the $1500 as soon as Energi was listed on the X-Plan site. I just didn't know how to ask the dealer to lock it in.

Would love to hear more about which dealers are offering X-Plan pricing on Energi-s in the bay area.

The "local" dealer here (which is probably also yours, i.e. if you head north 5 miles rather than south) has been pretty stubborn about not honoring X-Plan. I tried a couple more but didn't get much back.

I guess it's OK to name names on this board. Sunnyvale Ford is just south of me, and said no to X-Plan for an Energi at first but now is willing to honor it. Towne Ford in Redwood City and Fremont Ford both said no to X-Plan on Energis and never changed their answers. Frontier Ford on Stevens Creek was the first dealer to say yes to me, so they got my order.

I made a list of the 20 Ford dealers with 50 miles of me, but never called past the 4th one. In the end, it wasn't as hard as I had thought to find X-Plan pricing. And it sure saves a LOT of money.

Edited by rprobst

• 4 weeks later...

I think it may also depend on when you ask. When I started asking in January, possibly the dealers were unsure about how rare the Fusion Energi was going to be, how their allocations would be spread out, etc. With uncertainty, the natural answer is no, we want MSRP or more. But once they had more information, they could relax that stance.

I don't work for a dealer and could not tell you that this is how it works. But I can say that Sunnyvale Ford told me no for X-Plan on an Energi in January and then yes in March. And they even allowed X-Plan for dealer inventory, not just retail orders. I am now very happy with Sunnyvale Ford's X-Plan policy.